• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, what might this Friday's Animator Expo short be? Key Animations from Mobile Suit Gundam?

http://animatorexpo.com/news/16

<Brief Overview>
MOBILE SUITE GUNDAM series are still favored by various generations, passed its 35th anniversary.
The animators who played the core roles in the memorable first series MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM are Yoshikazu Yasuhiko・Ichiro Itano.
We would like to leave the key animations as the film production to posterity to praise their achievements, which influenced not only on the audience but also on the current anime industry.

So I am entirely sure that I'll regret posting this in this thread. I need some recommendations.

I need more crappy and mediocre anime to watch. There are too many good series that I haven't seen and am I just now willing to dedicate the time to. On the other hand I watched Aldnoah Zero in the past two days and that was absolute great. The show was dumb, mindless, unoriginal, incredibly mediocre. I didn't have to think, I didn't even have to pay attention since it was so obvious and predictable. Hell I tune out the last 3 episodes almost entirely. I guess any recommendation for mediocre shit like that or mindless train wrecks would do.

Brynhildr in the Darkness
Rail Wars

So I am entirely sure that I'll regret posting this in this thread. I need some recommendations.

I need more crappy and mediocre anime to watch. There are too many good series that I haven't seen and am I just now willing to dedicate the time to. On the other hand I watched Aldnoah Zero in the past two days and that was absolute great. The show was dumb, mindless, unoriginal, incredibly mediocre. I didn't have to think, I didn't even have to pay attention since it was so obvious and predictable. Hell I tune out the last 3 episodes almost entirely. I guess any recommendation for mediocre shit like that or mindless train wrecks would do.

All you have to do is search for 'harem comedy' shows and then just watch every recommended show. Chances are that you'll throw a dart on something and it'll be a crappy mediocre anime. Bonus points if it's a show with a gary stu character.

Jex

The Walking Dead.

Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Star Driver
Already watched them.
Captain Earth
Holy shit, no, god damn that show is too fucking boring. It's boredom in weaponized form. On seccond thought it might be better if I don't pay attention to it. I might give it a shot.
burst angel
Cross Ange
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Rail Wars
Guess I should look into this because I have no real idea what those are.
This would be it right? I mean that's what I was thinking of watching next.

All you have to do is search for 'harem comedy' shows and then just watch every recommended show. Chances are that you'll throw a dart on something and it'll be a crappy mediocre anime. Bonus points if it's a show with a gary stu character.
See I tried that and those shows just spend too much damn time on fanservice, very little advancement of the plot happens. They are too god damn boring, there is no inherent entertainment in fanservice and the commedy ends up being dull and worn out.

Jex

Wait, aren't we supposed to recommending bad shows? Some of them are gunna be boring! Everyone loves Heroman, right?
See I tried that and those shows just spend too much damn time on fanservice, very little advancement of the plot happens. They are too god damn boring, there is no inherent entertainment in fanservice and the commedy ends up being dull and worn out.
I'm sorry, you didn't specify you wanted to be entertained. That's very, very different.

Jex

Remember, literally nothing is stopping you from watching Silver Fang right now.

dogstar2ulsdh.gif

dogtiersoliverp8yr4.gif

phaze

Though I wasn't annoyed at the first few episodes, the pacing does pick up pretty quickly soon thereafter.

Glad to hear that !

Stick with the series. This series gets AMAZINGLY good. The story behind all of this is very interesting and poignant and really might stick with you and make you think hard about whats going on here. I was really impressed with where this show went and how it ended. It really stuck with me big time. It starts out vague on purpose. you are supposed to be completely mystified by what its doing and soon it will become a lot clearer why things are as they are. In fact, the answers are right under your nose.

Oh not to worry. After seeing all the praise heaped upon it here, I felt bad for dropping it so soon so I'm sticking with it for an extended period of time at the very least.

I got a few.

Kill la kill
K
Hellsing TV
Illi tousen

Fate Stay Night UBW - 06

Interesting stuff about the heroic spirits being forced to do this, stripped of their will and made to serve humans. Or atleast that seems to be the picture for Archer.
What a surprise, Captain Douchebag is a master. I feel the newest reveals of Servants seems to be on the 'evil' side.
I think I'd enjoy this more if they all were presented with neutrality and from their point of views. Looks like things are finally starting to happen now though.

Jex

Already watched the first and last episode. Bear decapitation is pretty cool.
That's a...peculiar approach. I don't quite get it because most of the show is great. Pretty much every episode features some new and entertaining development that builds upon the insanity that came before.

There are plenty of 'bad' anime that could do with trimming though e.g. Street Fighter V.

MajinBone Episode 36

A legend is born indeed. That was amazing
the birth of a Rare Metal Dragon and Legend is Born playing in the background. When he bonecrushed Owl in just one hit, wow!

Chuuni 05

And so they have to get a better score on the next test so the club doesn't get shut down. At least they didn't have to get 100%.

And I guess that really was an Evangelion reference back in episode 3. Wasn't sure before the reference in this episode :p

Jex

More people should watch Sukeban Deka (and read the manga).

What's stopping Pupa from being on that list?

Is Pupa so bad that it's genuinely entertaining? There's some pretty high standards to be met for a show to quality as list-worthy.

wonzo

Banned
pupa's more of a failed adaptation of a much better deserving source material than "so bad its amazing/camp as fuck"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well Pupa's source material failed itself in its release schedule.

cajunator

Banned

Heres one of my guilty pleasure series that nobody else seems to like or know
Shangri La. It was fairlyu ambitious and had its heart in the right place but tried to do way too much. Its definitely a trainwreck but a fun one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hky0ebduEzk

Already watched the first and last episode. Bear decapitation is pretty cool.

You should watch the rest of it too. I also watched the first and last episodes of it but I watched the rest of it recently. You end up missing on so much crazy stuff if you just watch just Episode 1 and 21 alone.

To answer your previous question you should watch Engage Planet: Kiss Dum.

That's a...peculiar approach. I don't quite get it because most of the show is great. Pretty much every episode features some new and entertaining development that builds upon the insanity that came before.

There are plenty of 'bad' anime that could do with trimming though e.g. Street Fighter V.

It may be because of Chip and Ironicus' Anime Theater which showed the first and last episodes of Silver Fang. It's how I got introduced to it and how I watched it initially.

Mothman91

What's the order of the Evangelion series? I'm sure I watched the tv series, and maybe one of the movies.

The movies aren't stand alones are they??

Joe Molotov

Blessing of the Campanella

do_it.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I predict you're going to get a recommendation for basically everything that came out since Cowboy Bebop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom