• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

Wow thank you so much for uploading these! Our tastes in games are very similar as I found most of the icons for my non-steam games. Do you by any chance have a Gabriel Knight 2 icon? I only found 1 and 3.

It's there under "Beast Within". No idea why I didn't just call it Gabriel Knight 2.

Salsa

Nation Red without the new DLC banner:

header.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
Ahhh I see. Thanks again!

Now I just have SWTOR, Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, and Broken Sword 4 icons to find.

Uriah

Depends on the game. Not every Origin games requires origin to be running while you play the game. I own Dragon Age 1 and 2 on Origin, and I can just boot em up without it running. However games like Battlefield 3, and Mass Effect 3 require Origin to be running for some stupid reason, so those will run in the background.

Edit: By the way, thanks so much for the help earlier. This update just makes me so happy. i couldn't stand looking at the grey boxes for my non-steam games. I've literally bought steam games before even when I owned the retail copy because I hated the gray boxes...

I'm not really good at making pretty icons, if anyone has some good ones to use for the following games, please post. Final fantasy XIV, Starcraft II, Tera, and To the Moon. those are all to complete my collection.

The Steam overlay doesn't appear to work in ME3. Any advice?

Salsa

Ahhh I see. Thanks again!

Now I just have SWTOR, Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, and Broken Sword 4 icons to find.

made these:

RHImn.jpg

OJZ2X.png

sEtoA.png

Redemption one is crappy cause its hard to find good source art

edit: adding that to the OP cuban

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Is there anything else I have to do than entering the Steam beta? Not a single icon works for me :/

Oh nice. I've been waiting for something like this for the longest time. Thanks to this thread I've got all but two of my grids filled with pictures. I just need World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria beta.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh nice. I've been waiting for something like this for the longest time. Thanks to this thread I've got all but two of my grids filled with pictures. I just need World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria beta.
Something like this?

World of Warcraft

gBw2V.png

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria

5fcsO.png

Salsa

best boxart this gen so the crappy "the ultimate box" alternative cover should be replaced:

0iC2l.png

just moved the logo a bit

undu

Finally, I take they don't get saved into steam cloud yet?

Here's one for Heroes of Might and Magic 3:

sUXAe.png

And one for Rollercoaster Tycoon: (I don't have photohop to remove the 2 logos decently, feel free, though. original image)

btBIu.png

And a couple logos logos for defense grid:

rm1Hz.png

VEKGG.png

Salsa: the burnout logo is full of compression artifacts ;(

welp, couldn't help myself

mSahV.png

undu

Anyone got something for Tribes: Ascend?

How's this?

2qwu1.png

uh, if, you move, rename or delete the file you put in the popup box and on steam restart the custom image disappears, a bit disappointing it doesn't copy the image to a steam folder. Does somebody know where can I report this?

Jintor

How's this?

2qwu1.png

uh, if, you move, rename or delete the file you put in the popup box and on steam restart the custom image disappears, a bit disappointing it doesn't copy the image to a steam folder. Does somebody know where can I report this?

Thanks man.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I don't actually use grid view that often, but I still threw some images together. ^^; Grabbed the Braid one from Fuzzy and a Defense Grid one from undu. Thanks, guys! :D

No icon:

tf2beta58kep.png

Team Fortress 2 Beta

Got rid of "expansion pack" at the bottom:

daoawakeningrykq7.png

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening

Non-Steam games:

dolphinbbml0.png
pcsx21smh8.png

Dolphin, PCSX2 Emulators
graymatter1ymbz.png
tribesxb8u9.png

Gray Matter, Tribes Ascend

BigDes

I know requests are probably in bad taste seeing as I cannot do these myself and you guys are doing this for fun

But would be possible for an Onlive and Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition icon?

and if that is rude then is a there an online library of these that I could go to?

MRORANGE

I know requests are probably in bad taste seeing as I cannot do these myself and you guys are doing this for fun

But would be possible for an Onlive and Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition icon?

and if that is rude then is a there an online library of these that I could go to?

QgpRl.png

Sendou

If someone would be able to pull Crysis and Crysis Warhead grid view icons I would be very grateful.

Or if you're hiding some cool custom ones those are nice also ! :)

grkazan12

Would be grateful to whoever can post the official grid icon for GTA IV EFLC and for a small indie game known as Voxaltron.

Glass Rebel

These are fantastic, saved some already. If you don't mind, here are some suggestions
read: requests/wishes ;)
for icons:

Darwinia without the IGF logo in the upper right corner
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link without the DLC logo
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year without the reviews
F.E.A.R. without the mention of the expansion packs
F.E.A.R. expansion packs without the DLC logo
Ultimate DOOM with something that doesn't make me barf
Shattered Horizon without the Futuremark logo

undu

Would be grateful to whoever can post the official grid icon for GTA IV EFLC and for a small indie game known as Voxaltron.

You should check this for the voxatron:

Well, I may as well post the lot. Here is a Mediafire link containing 900 grid images. I started making a lot of these for my non steam games back during the Beta UI update, in hopes that there would be support for custom images. Most of them should be non steam games, but there might be a steam game image shoved in there by accident.
Quality is a bit hit or miss, since like I said, I was mostly learning how to do basic image editing when making these. Also, seems that there are a couple images that won't load on Steam. They need to be converted from Indexed to RGB color and resaved.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d6ks9ptecczz9te
If you don't want to download it all, here is an imgur album with the images: http://imgur.com/a/kxaW0#0

Top Bottom