• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Graphical Downgrade

It seems that the game has received a noticeable graphical downgrade ever since the first reveal, most notably the eye shaders were drastically reduced among with other post process effects. Considering even the pc 4k version from their videos don't come close to the reveal trailer quality I'm not holding my breath the ps4 pro 1080p mode would introduce these effects back, although i wish they could patch it in the future.
Edit:
I made a quick change to CarbonFire's version just to see what it would look like with less red in the eyes.

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-20npsvz.png

Latest
peebee3wsr8.png

CarbonFire's superimposition
me-aoldeyesxxaw7.jpg

Drugs-B-Gone
58WiOsW.jpg

Skin texture is much nicer in the final version, but those dead eyes man....

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-20npsvz.png

Latest
peebee3wsr8.png

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-207askl.png

Latest
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-201rsvz.png

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-20erswq.png

Latest
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-201pseh.png

darthbob

This game is using Frostbite 3, yeah? The faces are just so... weird looking. I can't put my finger on it, but it's hella uncanny vally.

iavi

Almost doesn't look downgraded as much as it just looks like a different anti-aliasing and lighting.

RedSwirl

I honestly don't get it.

I don't even believe the reveal trailer was running on a console. More likely to have been pre-rendered using the in-engine assets they had at the time. The Ryder wake up scene seems to have been completely re-done for the final game.

Hey, developers! Are you listening?!? Why did you make it look worse!?! Do you hate our eye balls? Do you not like for us to see better visuals? OP wants to remind you that when it's convenient to please make it look beautiful again!

Patch is ok. More stability too please.

Syntax

43624-2-1369778647.png

Doesn't look bad. Like they changed the setup. Though that last comparison is something I'd call a step down.

What is it with this game and underbites? The blue one looks like Shrek, it's hilarious. I mean, they're lovable, sure, but I just can't stop laughing when I see the characters. I'm not going to be able to play this game with a straight face.
The faces look so strange. They all look goofy.
Exactly. It's like, are you trying to make me laugh?

I said it in another ME thread but its the whites of the eyes. In all the recent videos in closeup cutscenes, its just the whites of the eyes look painted on, like there is no shading or shadows on them. It's totally creepy looking and makes the characters look like Thunderbirds puppets or something when coupled with the wonky animations.

Those mugs are ugly as sin. This is almost Bethesda levels of ugmo.
Really? I actually like the default main character, she looks lovable in a goofball kind of way. She just doesn't look like she mean business, like default Shep and Femshep did.

She also looks kind of young. Is she like 23 or something?

Top Bottom