• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Geg

lmao the OT title

It may take a while before I get around to playing it but I'll definitely pick this up at launch. I want to do what I can to support Platinum after what happened with Scalebound.

If anything, I'm expecting too much from this game. I hope Yoko and Platinum delivers!

Out of all of the games out this year this is the one I'm looking forward to the most, I think. Fingers crossed they knock it out of the park and manage to make it a Nier game as well as an awesome Platinum Action game. Nier was after all my favourite game released last generation...just came out of nowhere. Drakengard 1 is one of the most demented games ever made and I love that too.

KodaRuss

I can't believe NA and EU are getting cover on the right. It's so... generic action movie poster-y, whereas the artwork version is beautifully eye-catching.

I'm glad it's reversible so we can still have the better one, but I wish people in game stores and shopping online could see it.

NA always gets the crappy covers. Nothing new.

No it isn't. There were much better options.

There were worse. This was by far the best.

Hektor

Do we know if kids are appearing in this videogame?

Asking for a friend

33-365bw.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
k5ComrS.gif

Great work on the OT. Not only is it easy on the eyes, formatted well, its also filled with actual information.

Avallon

They Need It:

Both Yoko Taro & Platinum Games need the support. Originally announced on December 5th, 2016, NieR: Automata once had a very well placed release date. That was until Nintendo came along and decided to release the Switch and a new Zelda game in the same week as Yoko Taro's wild ride: robo-edition. Now he's worrying about a lot more than Atlus. Combine this with Platinum's recently canceled project Scalebound, and you can see why they could use all the sales they can get. So if you've got the money to spend, throw some of it at NieR: Automata; there are worse ways to spend it, after all.
God, I hate the air of desperation surrounding this title. Let the game live or die by its own merits. Every time I've seen this game mentioned, some kind of defense force comes out of the woodwork to try to convince you to buy it. Now it's in the OT.

I'm buying it.

God, I hate the air of desperation surrounding this title. Let the game live or die by its own merits. Every time I've seen this game mentioned, some kind of defense force comes out of the woodwork to try to convince you to buy it. Now it's in the OT.

It has and will always have its own merits - if people don't want the game they don't need to buy it.

It's simply no secret that its originally well-placed release date has now been severely threatened by much larger titles, and NieR: Automata deserves a chance if the person is interested.

I agree that it probably shouldn't be in the OT of all things (It really does sound desperate), but aside from that, can't help it if people care about wanting a game to be as successful as possible.

Admittedly, it was left over from the 'Hype Thread.' If it's truly an issue it can be removed.

LotusHD

Banned

I agree that it probably shouldn't be in the OT of all things (It really does sound desperate), but aside from that, can't help it if people care about wanting a game to be as successful as possible.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm broke as hell, but will be picking this up the second it releases on PC. Gotta support Yoko Taro, the mad genius that he is.

LotusHD

Banned
Admittedly, it was left over from the 'Hype Thread.' If it's truly an issue it can be removed.

I think it'd be for the best long-term. Like it's one thing to want people to support the game, but then you bring up Zelda and Horizon and what not, and while yea, they're obviously factors that will impact the game's success, let the OP at the very least just focus on the game's merits.

ubercheez

Yeah, I'm getting the game because I loved the first one to pieces and Automata looks like everything I want from a sequel. I think making a charity case for it does it a bit of a disservice.

(Other than that, though, great job with the OP. Hope you don't feel like we're dogpiling you.)

Edit: Aaaaand beaten already with the removal. Oh well :)

convo

Are they really saying getting
the true or at least all endings
isn't tied to the completionist path anymore? It would be nice to not having to grind for weapons and upgrades to get endings but i wouldn't have minded with this gameplay.Yoko Taro at least talked about
secret super bosses
for completionists.
I can see reviewers just stopping at the first ending and being confused and saying "Wah happen?" and that's all they'll acomplish.

TissueBox

Hmm heard promising things about this game. Will definitely check it out eventually!

PSYCH, on-lock for asap on the ps-four but I am not E!!

BtkHwTm.gif

Can't wait...

Hope this game sells well enough to convince Square to make both a NieR remaster and a sequel a few years down the line.

ZoronMaro

I'm so excited for this game. I almost want to cancel my NA order for JP, but I'll still get the good box art either way.

I know it's dual audio/english subs, but is it confirmed menu's and everything else is in english?

I think making a charity case for it does it a bit of a disservice.

(Other than that, though, great job with the OP. Hope you don't feel like we're dogpiling you.)

Not at all! I appreciate all the feedback, and if so many agree - myself included - why not change it?

NieR: Automata will be able to stand on its own - my only real worry is that there's only so much Platinum, Yoko, and Square Enix can do when faced with HZD and a brand new Nintendo Hardware Launch + Zelda just days away.

Did they say anything about the length for 100%?

TL;DR around ~ 55 hours.

So i'd say 40 hours because devs usually exaggerate

This is also listed in the OP, under "Game Length."

I know it's dual audio/english subs, but is it confirmed menu's and everything else is in english?

It's the same as the Demo - it detects system language and defaults to that for menus.

pixxxelz

I'm so tempted to double dip, ugh, why did they have to include dual audio in the Japanese version...

Also excellent OT op, I'm glad you didn't use that "new woman" nonsense.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
OP should make a general FAQ section to help prevent the same questions being asked over and over.

While info seems to be scattered about, its better to have just a clearly marked area for general questions in a single location. Makes for easier quick reading.

Top Bottom