• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans Go! Premier... Internet cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make a good gif of the Titans dancing in the theme song, but as you can tell I failed. At first I thought it was because it was in gif format, but I actually looked at the theme video on youtube and it actually has these character motion blur problems on it. I watched the show and you can see the character trail of each character in this sequence. I guess this is Flash at work here, or either I'm bad at making gifs.

Anyways here's my failed attempt, hopefully someone comes along and improves it for me.
iby4vRivInbBoK.gif

When I saw that in the first episode I was just like "kill me please!"
absolutely knew I would hate it but turned out to be wrong.

still miss the original TT though.

Just watched like 4 episodes today.... I can't hate it. The voices are the same, and there is a lot of nods to other DC characters that goes out of the range of the original teen titans. Its a cute show, reminds me of the power puff girls or that type of show, a cartoon cartoon. For what it is I love it.

Still can't believe young justice was canceled...

Ponn

Banned
Ok I think I have caught up on all the episodes so far. Seriously I don't know how anyone could not crack at least one smile per episode. The art style reminds of the Tiny Titans comics which are actually pretty funny and i'm finding these to be like those comics with adult humor strung in the stories. The Trigon episode with valley girl Starfire and the freaking puppy hand, come on that was funny. The episode where they just all
died
with random lasers firing down, seriously we get a pretty good show and people need to let go and stop hating this just because its not the old Titans show and appreciate it this for what it is. Not everything needs to be serious epic shows. HAT PARTY!!

Watched all the episodes so far, this show is great so many nods to other superheros with actual 3 second appearances by Batman.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The episode with the Wonder Twins was the best so far IMO and showed the direction the show should be going in.

Where Batman Brave and the Bold was about Batman acting the straight man while a variety of lunatics showed up to grate on his nerves, this show could be the reverse. The Titans are the lunatics and woe befall anyone else from DCU who gets mixed up with them.

At first I thought the show was bad but I actually grew to it. Beast Boy's voice can sometimes be irritating (like that episode where he was a gorilla the whole time) but after that the show's pretty good. The only thing I can see people hating is that the show isn't as serious anymore. It's kind of just a comedy now.

I still don't like the chibi stuff, but it's decent.

The episode with the Wonder Twins was the best so far IMO and showed the direction the show should be going in.

Where Batman Brave and the Bold was about Batman acting the straight man while a variety of lunatics showed up to grate on his nerves, this show could be the reverse. The Titans are the lunatics and woe befall anyone else from DCU who gets mixed up with them.
I agree Wonder Twins episode was definitely my favorite.

Definately. FORM OF RECEPTIONIST! and DCU Book was awesome. Lots of great stuff hidden through out the show

Jy5cWfQ.jpg

GDGF

Soothsayer
You know, after getting over what this show isn't and accepting it for what it is, I have to say that it's actually pretty awesome :)

yeah im actually enjoying the show after bashing the premiere episode, its actually pretty funny. i was wrong.

dat beast boy and cyborg.

also never knew about some DC characters like speedy and ravens dad.

batman has to make an appearance soon. hes always a background character

Toparaman

Banned
Teen Titans used to come on every weekday on Kids WB when I came back from school. I always thought it was so-so. Didn't like the wannabe-anime style, or the cheap Flash-looking animation. I would've killed to have a real superhero cartoon (X-Men, Batman) come on at that time instead, or a real anime instead of an imitation. Instead I got Teen Titans and Static Shock.

Didn't have cable either, so I missed out on a lot of good cartoons. I was a deprived child, I tell you!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Heh, I actually chuckled at the Red X Unmasked one where they have Red X captured and try to unmask him.

Especially Beast Boy yelling: I STILL THINK YOU'RE JASON TODD!

Moondrop

Banned
A lot of GAFers should be eating crow over their premature disdain for this show- it's hilarious.

Feel free to post your apologies in the space below.

brickface

Bumpedy bump bump

I just realised this existed and initially seemed to go through the "oh the first one's bad, this'll be rubbish" thing. But! Bloody hell, this is hilarious! It's great having the same voice actors as the original show and that bit with Batman and Gordon in the police car...

It's an awesome show

If there's one thing this show got 100% right, was StarFire's personality. She's the one titan on the team that acts just like herself from the old Teen Titans show. Cyborg is a close second.

The only big character changes was Raven liking ponies, Robin being more outgoing and fun, and Beast Boy being way more annoying.

So far so good with characters. Also the little parodies they throw in are pretty funny.

That one joke Trigon said was great.

ReiGun

I love how, after the original Titans series was more isolated, this one is more willing to acknowledge the adult heroes and the wider DC Universe. Makes for some fun gags.

Overall, I really like this show despite being down on it initially. The first few episodes were kind of rough, but I think it's really found its footing.

MIMIC

Banned
OK, I'm been watching a few episodes and....it's not so bad. Seems the only thing that is different is the animation, which gives it the appearance of being vastly different than before.

EDIT: I think they changed Robin the most. He was no where near as juvenile and silly in the original episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom