• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that BioWare's signature animations are going to be really hard to ignore in a game of this fidelity. And when compared to their current contemporaries it will be a lot harder to forgive.

Like, am I crazy, or should this not be a problem in 2017?

This all seems very easy to believe. This game has never had an air of confidence about it.

You're not crazy. I'm in disbelief at how awful FemRyder's facial animation is.

ironcreed

Banned
1li1sj.gif

The look on your face when you have been holding it in on the road for hours and finally make it to a toilet.

balohna

I'm getting this game either cheap or free (EA friend offered to grab it for me). I've got lots to play now, so probably gonna sit on it for a few months and see if some of the jankiness gets patched.

Seems like there are some fairly ingrained presentation issues, though.

Lime

All memeing aside, this shit is kind of a big deal, we've gotta see some sort of response from PR right?

When people voiced their concerns back in December, PR told us that the animation bugs we saw in high profile trailers would get cleaned up before release. Maybe they'll say the same this time around.

They are already saying that the character creator isn't done and that they'll have a later patch with more CC features, so this might further confirm that it was rushed to release. But I don't think it's possible to fix fundamental flaws with their facial animation rigging, unless they do everything over (which they won't).

All jokes aside, is it fair to say this actually looks like some of the best facial animation so far? It's just there's no context for what's happening so it looks silly.

1li1sj.gif

All jokes aside, is it fair to say this actually looks like some of the best facial animation so far? It's just there's no context for what's happening so it looks silly.

The animation there isn't as bad as some of the real bad examples. But what makes it bad still is her weird plastic looking skin. And I don't care what anyone says something still looks weird about Fem Ryder to me and no its not just that she doesn't "look like the model". I get some strange uncanny Valley feeling with her I don't get from male Ryder at all

The animation there isn't as bad as some of the real bad examples. But what makes it bad still is her weird plastic looking skin. And I don't care what anyone says something still looks weird about Fem Ryder to me and no its not just that she doesn't "look like the model". I get some strange uncanny Valley feeling with her I don't get from male Ryder at all

Yeah I can concur with this

Plastic skin plagues most games still though, and can be looked past if the animation is there IMO

yeah that might be ok with the right character model, but it's like default fem ryder adds an extra layer of goofiness to everything she does

1li1sj.gif

Yeah, I agree this looks good. Just not the kind of expression you'd suddenly have while casually sitting down.

But it would be a decent expression of pain I guess.

uniform

Provided some of these issues make it to the final cut, this game has the potential for enough content to make a compilation that rivals Commander Shepard Is Still a Jerk as my favorite ME video.

HeelPower

This is the worst I've seen yet -> https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

What has me baffled is some of the dialogue. At times some of what I have watched sounds alright, but then there is stuff like this:

https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

That literally sounds like some cheap text-to-speech type of deal. I mean, what the hell?

That's ridiculous.

This isn't "jank". This is far from finished or maybe rushed under tremendous pressure.

This game..could really be a thing of its own huh.

watershed

Banned
Why are Mass Effect animations always like this? The running animation, something that is not at all uncommon, is horrendous.

ironcreed

Banned
I dunno, the acting seems acceptable, but HOLY SHIT that facial animation.

This game's gonna be bad, isn't it? :(

Seriously, that sounded okay to you? It sounds like they typed in the script to some free text-to-speech software. It is just emotionless and has weird pauses like that. But then I have seen other scenes that sound normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom