• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Raonak

Banned
It just depends how high you get.

plus, weed doesn't really effect your motor output until you get really stoned. or are combining it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm sorry, what happened? Are we forbidden to speak of something now?

Our Google overlords have forbade us from discussing Marijuana as a recreational thing (think Drunk Thread, but for people who prefer to smoke), but we can continue to discuss it as something that is currently affecting local/national politics and policy changes.

This thread borders that line.

Our Google overlords have forbade us from discussing Marijuana as a recreational thing

Ironic since you know that half the stuff Google makes they must have been high as fuck. Cars that drive themselves, google glasses.

Can just imagine the stoner idea pitch meetings. Plus they get that Cali grown.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Our Google overlords have forbade us from discussing Marijuana as a recreational thing (think Drunk Thread, but for people who prefer to smoke), but we can continue to discuss it as something that is currently affecting local/national politics and policy changes.

This thread borders that line.

Pardon me for being dumb about some stuff. Why do we have Google overlords? I mean, I understand that they handle our advertising in some way, but how does that give them input on the editorial/community content of a message board? What a yucky feeling, to have a forbidden subject not related to, you know, being a dick.

Maybe this can change? Google has their office in Boulder, right? I mean, fuck. If you know anything about Boulder, Colorado... I was fearful already, participating in this thread. What if my boss finds it, etc? Amazing, when we think about the rights we have ceded over the years to 'WAR ON's... be it the War of Drugs, the War on Terruh... there's another one isn't there... was it Eurasia or East Asia...?

Okay so now I discussed national policy a bit, I shall take that aforementioned unknowable risk and state that, as a free man in Colorado on my weekend I'm going to get high as shit and watch some animated Superman while I play me some FTL.

Later I might go find a friend, walk outside, and have an open protracted discussion about smoking pot, which I guess we can't do here, because I guess they aren't "getting high" at the Google AdSense offices in Boulder, Colorado. :p

lednerg

Pardon me for being dumb about some stuff. Why do we have Google overlords?

If a company who uses Google to distribute ads saw that they placed them on a site promoting illegal activity, they wouldn't exactly be pleased. Google are just looking out for their clients, the advertisers.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh, High.

What's going on in here? I read the thread before but forgot. #ShortTermMemory

zerotol

Banned
I laugh at the absolute worse times. Never do it the day your school has an assembly or your class is doing presentations.

I smoked weed every day during my junior year of high school. It was weird. It eventually made me paranoid as shit and I had to stop.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I never smoked weed until I was almost 24. Sometimes I wish I smoked in highschool. Certainly would have been more interesting years...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Ever go to school high? It's a really bad idea. Though its kinda funny.

Yes, but not on marijuana. I was on oxy back in junior year and remember wanting to take a shit in Biology class and just stormed out without asking the teacher.

zerotol

Banned
I've been inside a police station high; I was served coffee and allowed to leave freely.

Me too. I got arrested twice when I was a teenager for drinking under age. Both times I had bags of weed that I stashed in my shoe. Getting released from the police station, then roasting a bowl to celebrate was a glorious feeling.

My mom almost cut off all ties with me when I had smoked once, a year after it happened.

Sweden and its drug-culture is so fucked up.

We monopolize alcohol making it into this really sought-out, overhyped thing that ruins peoples lives, while politicians say stupid stuff on live tv like "No, drug is drugs" when someone opposes their argument "meth and cannabis are the same thing".

My mom told me that only people in Al Qaeda smoked pot, and that I would soon be injecting the stuff into my veins.

Meanwhile, my mom's got some incredibly nasty stories about alcohol, which to her is perfectly normal because it's "Part of our culture".

Seriously fuck this country where you're considered an addict if you don't believe the PSA's you're forced in school.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
My mom almost cut off all ties with me when I had smoked once, a year after it happened.

Sweden and its drug-culture is so fucked up.

We monopolize alcohol making it into this really sought-out, overhyped thing that ruins peoples lives, while politicians say stupid stuff on live tv like "No, drug is drugs" when someone opposes their argument "meth and cannabis are the same thing".

My mom told me that only people in Al Qaeda smoked pot, and that I would soon be injecting the stuff into my veins.

Meanwhile, my mom's got some incredibly nasty stories about alcohol, which to her is perfectly normal because it's "Part of our culture".

Seriously fuck this country where you're considered an addict if you don't believe the PSA's you're forced in school.
Yeah, fuck Sweden.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone ever smoked a blunt in the school bathroom?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was always high in class. Although sometimes I got too high and had to park somewhere on the way to school and just lay there for a few hours. Drinking at school was fun too, but I stopped after I got so fucked up that I passed out in a bathroom stall and missed half of my classes.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I think my worst drug experience was in guitar class in my senior year. I wanted to try cocaine so I did a line of one of my friend's batch. I immediately passed out and hit my head on the guitar stand. Amazingly, due to the room's size, I woke up before the teacher noticed anything and my friend got me to the nurse.

kamspy

What I read about the Seattle legalization FAQ was really perfect.

21 years old to carry.

No more than 1oz outside of the house (barring a long ass vacation you'd really never have to leave the house with more)

No opening contains outdoors (like alcohol)

When I showed that link to my GF she actually teared up a little bit. Damned if it didn't make me feel kinda patriotic too (just in the sense that our local gov can be changed). The only "criminal" activity either of us engage in is buying and smoking pot. We don't really feel like criminals, to not be one would really raise our quality of life. I'm sure if everyone who drank had to risk their freedom, reputation and vehicle every time they went to buy beer they'd embrace such a change with the same passion.

EDIT:

One worry I have are field sobriety test and drug test in general. For drug testing they'd need to find a way to test if it's been ingested that day. The field sobriety test for weed needs to be the same motor function they meter "drunk" driving with. That's another concern.

Revoh

Nice thread, lately I been thinking I want to try weed for the first time, I'm just curious about the whole thing of being high. I need to inject something different to my life to get myself out of the routine so why the hell not... I don't smoke and drink only on weekends

what should I know before I do it?

totowhoa

Banned
Nice thread, lately I been thinking I want to try weed for the first time, I'm just curious about the whole thing of being high. I need to inject something different to my life to get myself out of the routine so why the hell not... I don't smoke and drink only on weekends

I would just say that you'll function much better after doing it a handful of times, so definitely don't expect to do anything like the OP here or go for a drive or anything :p

Just make sure you have a safe private residence to do it in. I wouldn't go out in public or drive or anything like that. Also make sure you can trust your source. No point in getting in trouble for something as silly as weed. Besides staying out of trouble, just line up some good tunes to listen to, maybe have some cool friends come chill, play some video games, watch some entertaining tv, play a musical instrument if your musically inclined, paint a picture, or do what ever fun activities and hobbies you enjoy. :)

Listen to music, have a group of friends or at least a pal. It'll be pleasant

Mully

I'm probably bring a flask to class the next couple of weeks. I want to know what it's like to get drunk at school.

JohnDoe

Banned
I'm probably bring a flask to class the next couple of weeks. I want to know what it's like to get drunk at school.
It's nothing special and you might get in trouble.
First time I was drunk was in geography class when I was 15. It was a stupid thing to do and I was lucky I didn't get caught, the smell of alcohol emenating from me was really strong.

What I read about the Seattle legalization FAQ was really perfect.

21 years old to carry.

No more than 1oz outside of the house (barring a long ass vacation you'd really never have to leave the house with more)

No opening contains outdoors (like alcohol)

When I showed that link to my GF she actually teared up a little bit. Damned if it didn't make me feel kinda patriotic too (just in the sense that our local gov can be changed). The only "criminal" activity either of us engage in is buying and smoking pot. We don't really feel like criminals, to not be one would really raise our quality of life. I'm sure if everyone who drank had to risk their freedom, reputation and vehicle every time they went to buy beer they'd embrace such a change with the same passion.

EDIT:

One worry I have are field sobriety test and drug test in general. For drug testing they'd need to find a way to test if it's been ingested that day. The field sobriety test for weed needs to be the same motor function they meter "drunk" driving with. That's another concern.

What are the laws in regard to driving and public "intoxication"?

Close friends and in a comfortable/familiar setting.

Top Bottom