• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Kyou

god I hate the enel forest

so, so much

edit: Changed my team up, first try! Just in time

jATf5Bf.png

RedBoot

The permanent fortnights are a really good idea, not only do they help newcomers (both for character availability as well as vital skillbooks like Alvida and GPU), but it also lets them remove those FNs from the rotation, meaning newer/more useful fortnights will rerun more often for the veterans. Better than just adding a fourth fortnight rerun. Mihawk weekends does kind of the same thing for raids, I'm assuming they'll add Monster Chopper, Garp, and maybe Iva eventually.

As for sugo pulls: got Don Sai and a couple dupes. I've actually been just doing 1-3 pulls per sugo for a while now and I've managed one new RR each time, which is nice. Still not getting my white whales like SW Franky or 3D2Y Zoro, but at least I've got stuff to skillbook up in future FNs.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

What a relief. Running Akainu and then YWB is so stressful. I was worried it was going to take all week to get the skull. Now I don't have to gem as much, and I can farm Hancock for sockets later with a faster team without have to worry about keeping a YWB team.

mileS

Thats awesome! grats yo!!!

Forgot sugo was tonight so I decided to cave and do 2 singles. Billy and Izo. Both dupes but it was the first time in a while I got something I can actually get decent shop pts from.

TheShah

Rayleigh with Cavendish friend captain is crushing the Akainu raid. Only 1 YWB appearance in 7 runs though.

I saw the info for 6+ Boa, and she really doesn't seem that much better than regular 6 star Boa. I'm not sure if its worth it. I'm kinda wishing I didn't throw away that 2nd Boa to the Rayleigh shop now.

Shackzam

Rayleigh with Cavendish friend captain is crushing the Akainu raid. Only 1 YWB appearance in 7 runs though.

I saw the info for 6+ Boa, and she really doesn't seem that much better than regular 6 star Boa. I'm not sure if its worth it. I'm kinda wishing I didn't throw away that 2nd Boa to the Rayleigh shop now.

Could you give your team comp on that ray team for akainu?

TheShah

Could you give your team comp on that ray team for akainu?

Cavendish/Rayleigh
Leopard Lucci/Raid Doflamingo
Raid Enel/Raid Mihawk

If Lucci becomes captain on stage 3 you have to close and reopen the game to force Doflamingo as captain. Just stall for specials. On Akainu use mihawk and attack turn 1, pop Lucci, Doffy, and Enel on turn 2 to kill (don't hit last with Cavendish). After he revives pop Cavendish special and kill him. Haven't failed yet in a dozen runs or so.

Shackzam

Cavendish/Rayleigh
Raid Enel/Raid Mihawk

If Lucci becomes captain on stage 3 you have to close and reopen the game to force Doflamingo as captain. Just stall for specials. On Akainu use mihawk and attack turn 1, pop Lucci, Doffy, and Enel on turn 2 to kill (don't hit last with Cavendish). After he revives pop Cavendish special and kill him. Haven't failed yet in a dozen runs or so.

Alright was able to figure out another team by guessing and did it first try. Near the same team. Just switched out lucci with capone, but just getting to him is what I got to get used to.

Kyou

Cavendish/Rayleigh
Raid Enel/Raid Mihawk

A++, will use again

way more reliable. Though I did die the first time because I fucked up the timing on Cavendish on the last hit.

I guess this is it.
I'm done with OPTC. Sold my account, so it was even easier to quit. :p
It was fun but I just don't enjoy the game like I did before. These 2 years was quite something. Thanks to everyone. Main reason the game was so fun, was definitely because of you. :)
You won't lose me completely. I will visit you once in a while to see where the global version is heading to and what else they introduce to Japan.

RIP Tiddy. Another one of the old guard has fallen. :( I hope you remember us in 200 hours when you finish Persona and the new waifu wars have begun.

SW Ace/Kuzan is a godsend for this raid. The hardest part is finding Kuzan friends. I think I had 5 on my friends list total and started running other teams. Unfortunately wave 3 can cause problems depending on the mob cds and who gets swapped into the captain spot, QCK Lucci in particular. I gave up on LL teams and Enel teams with Inthawk as a sub because of this and started fishing for guest Kuzan captains instead.

bobohoro

Did 2 pulls, got 400 ray points in form of evolved Genzo and evolved Kid.
Maxed the Thousand Sunny with 176 cola.
And cleared Akainu without gemming with the following team:

mBjLDzi.png

Messed up the stalling once, but had exactly 8 enemies left to get the boost back up.
But since I also got hit with the chain lock on wave 3, I pretty much had to hit all perfects on wave 4, same for Akainu.
Way too stressful a team to comfortably farm a 60 stamina raid. Having FN Boa at an acceptable special level instead of Hina would make it easier, since the first burst turn on Akainu with this team nearly gets a million extra damage per orb. Not having Leopard Lucci hurts quite a bit as well. Leo would make the raid even easier. Or having a QCK legend like Kuzan or Cavendish.

Clearing YWB should not be possible, I think, but haven't checked it.

But yeah, waiting to get a better team to farm Akainu. Even though he would be quite amazing for my Sakazuki/TS Sanji STR team with SW Luffy. But who needs that much damage.

MiTYH

god I hate the enel forest

so, so much

edit: Changed my team up, first try! Just in time

Wait what team is that? I can't see all the units. I need to beat Enel's forest still and I think I have everything you do!

----

Pulled 1 time, got base for Usopp. Of all the silvers, at least this has a use. No more pulling, sugo is a trap, etc etc.

Need to find me a team for this raid... it's rough.

EDIT: Hahahah yeah can't even touch this raid. Guess I'll try next time...

Majukun

as predicted,i can't farm YWb with my anti-akainu team...too bad because the invasion rate for akainu is amazing..but i rpefer to max akainu then then farm this ambush

Hana-Bi

Double WB+ with legend Doffy, Inthawk, Aokiji and GP Usopp works great against Akainu. Can clear him turn one and with IntHawk special Akainus revive is no problem.

Now I need to see whether this team works against YWB too. It should work but since I have auto heal on WB, Doffy and IntHawk I have auto heal level 3... With Moby Dick and WB+ health boost I have over 40k health so his captain ability still works with 13k health. So auto heal shouldn't be a problem...

But I'm 0/5 for ambushes so I hope I can get my Boa skull with just a few ambushes...

Yeah, I hope the ambush rate will improve for me...

0/7

Shadic7700

Been trying to use the reroll app on bluestacks but the root browser is not showing any files in the main game folder; no data, no sakura, or anything is there a problem? i tried reinstalling it but there are still no files at all.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I looked at Akainu and then decided I have no desire to farm him again because I wouldn't even use him. I'm done wasting time on things I'd never use "Just in case"!

Hana-Bi

Finally my first ambush after 9 Akainu runs. Thought I messed up my run because I didn't stall at all on stage 1 and didn't have my WB captain ability up for stage 2 and the cannoneer who hat a great shield. But since I had over 20k health I could take a hit from him + the turtle and cleared the ambush. I think I'll do this every run now. If I stall on stage 1 one mistake on stage 2 with the great shield up and it's game over.

Second ambush and nope this isn't a safe route. Messed up my stalling and it was game over for me.

bjork

Don't even say that.

Bamco's games have been pretty good so far, I wouldn't worry

I put nothing past them after Drift Spirits. They ran that bigass Initial D event and then went silent until they announced the shutdown notice. That was last March, but the game stayed up in Japan and still shows up on the top grossing games list, even now.

I could see them doing the same to any of their games, not just OPTC. I mean, I'll play until the last day, just like Drift Spirits, but it's only a matter of time for any of these games, you know?

Hana-Bi

6 YWB out of 27 Akainu raids. Sadly no skull so far...

And man, I make too many mistakes on stage 2 of the ambush. Already 3 failed runs...

EMT0

Banned
I could farm Akainu, but he's a unit that's very rarely used, not really needed to clear any content, and I can't even farm YWB with any teams to clear him so....why bother? I wish I had Legend Doffy ;___;

Kyou

I could farm Akainu, but he's a unit that's very rarely used, not really needed to clear any content, and I can't even farm YWB with any teams to clear him so....why bother? I wish I had Legend Doffy ;___;

Yeah he's far too stressful for me. I've survived two runs, I'll take it.

As someone with a legend Doffy I am eagerly anticipating his forest showing up

EMT0

Banned
Yeah he's far too stressful for me. I've survived two runs, I'll take it.

As someone with a legend Doffy I am eagerly anticipating his forest showing up

I don't even have Legend Doffy and I eagerly await his forest. Fuji's gonna be even better once it drops :)
Anyways I did some theorycrafting and I'm pretty sure that if I had Story Hody Jones, I could reliably clear Hancock + YWB with a team like this:

RRMHO2W.png

The lack of good Powerhouse Shooters really limits what you can do with Blackbeard to get enough firepower to clear both Hancock and YWB. Being able to slap Hody into the Shooter slot can get you through so many limitations on teambuilding with him that it ain't even funny. Freeing up the super-flexible Fighter slot in a Blackbeard team with other utility units is a big win for Powerhouse Blackbeard teams

RedBoot

I actually find him kind of easy with a SW Ace + Kuzan team, but it's a slow run and I only have so many Kuzan friends, so I probably won't get more than ~10 copies or so.

I don't know how useful he'll be long-run, but he'll probably help me beat Sabo, which is the only raid that I can't consistently clear right now, so I should probably try and skill him up...but MEH.

Majukun

I pulled legend shanks. Decent legend or not? He looked kinda bad compared to my old INTHawk

definitely on the lower tier of the legends,but it's fast (one of the best legends for lecrap restaurant and such) and destroys INT raids (like aokiji if you haven't already maxed him)

hopefully it's the next psy legend to get a 6*+ and they put him on par with akainu as it should

hqdefault.jpg

Hana-Bi

11 YWB but still no skull drop. And before I get a blue one I probably get another red...

Yes! After 66 Akainu copies I finally got a skull with my 14th YWB copy and it is a blue one. :)

And it was my last run for today. Way too tired to farm anymore.

MiTYH

I pulled legend shanks. Decent legend or not? He looked kinda bad compared to my old INTHawk

I enjoy using him. Not the best, but if you have INTHawk, he's a great sub. Special is meh (Like Majukun said, hope he gets a 6+ next), but he's basically one of the strongest PSY slashers you'll see. So if damage is you deal, go for him.

And yes, resturant le crap with double sw shanks is super quick

Kyou

So I've only got the one Boa, and her heal has been pretty clutch at times in my standard Rayleigh team. Am I safe in just not worrying about evolving her? Her 6+ doesn't seem amazing

Hana-Bi

So I've only got the one Boa, and her heal has been pretty clutch at times in my standard Rayleigh team. Am I safe in just not worrying about evolving her? Her 6+ doesn't seem amazing

Yeah. I wouldn't evolve mine either if I had only one copy. Gave the skull to the Boa dupe I had. 6+ has an offensive special but there are many of those out there. Normal Boa's special is kinda unique still.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My goto cheese strat:

Double Shiryu

Inthawk / Inazuma

GPU / Legend Marco.

'-'

Kyou

My goto cheese strat:

Double Shiryu

Inthawk / Inazuma

GPU / Legend Marco.

'-'

and here I am crunching numbers on dumb teams like this like a sucker

how does Shiryu work for Boa? Do you have to have the first strike kill her so you can have another Shiryu for her revive?

GaimeGuy

and here I am crunching numbers on dumb teams like this like a sucker

how does Shiryu work for Boa? Do you have to have the first strike kill her so you can have another Shiryu for her revive?

Yes.

Here's what I do:

First stage: Take out the turtles, lobster, and 1 of the giants. STALL FOR INTHAWK'S SPECIAL ON THE SECOND GIANT (leave plenty of HP on the giant - use marco and gpu once you have orbs on 2 of your int slashers). Kill the giant in one turn. You may take ~close to 30 turns on this stage, seriously. Try to time it so that GPU's special will be up for stage 3...

Stage 2: Use Inthawk's special to wipe everything out in one go.

Stage 3/ 4: I think you know what to do. GPU on 3, stall/heal, etc.

Boa: Use one shiryu. If the special misses, restart the app, try the other shiryu. If that one misses too, restart the app, goto next turn, repeat until you get a special to hit. Restart the app during the lock animation until either GPU or Inthawk is locked.

Post revive: Use the remaining shiryu. If the special misses, restart the app, (optional: Use Inazuma/Marco specials), tap marco or GPU to goto next turn while doing single digit damages, repeat until success.

'-'

Edit: on the invasion, you'll want take a few hits from an enemy on stage 1, stalling ~6-8 turns. Stage 2 you stall on the cannoneer and heal with marco's special., then move on. I think you can figure out the rest.

The team also works for Akainu, as well, but you have to pray to the RNG Goddess, since, post revive, you'll only have 2 shots at getting the other shiryu special to work (due to no healing, health cut, and his buff remover. Inazuma gives you that 2nd shot)

Kyou

Yes.

Here's what I do:

First stage: Take out the turtles, lobster, and 1 of the giants. STALL FOR INTHAWK'S SPECIAL ON THE SECOND GIANT (leave plenty of HP on the giant - use marco and gpu once you have orbs on 2 of your int slashers). Kill the giant in one turn. You may take ~close to 30 turns on this stage, seriously. Try to time it so that GPU's special will be up for stage 3...

Stage 2: Use Inthawk's special to wipe everything out in one go.

Stage 3/ 4: I think you know what to do. GPU on 3, stall/heal, etc.

Boa: Use one shiryu. If the special misses, restart the app, try the other shiryu. If that one misses too, restart the app, goto next turn, repeat until you get a special to hit. Restart the app during the lock animation until either GPU or Inthawk is locked.

Post revive: Use the remaining shiryu. If the special misses, restart the app, (optional: Use Inazuma/Marco specials), tap marco or GPU to goto next turn while doing single digit damages, repeat until success.

'-'

Edit: on the invasion, you'll want take a few hits from an enemy on stage 1, stalling ~6-8 turns. Stage 2 you stall on the cannoneer and heal with marco's special., then move on. I think you can figure out the rest.

The team also works for Akainu, as well, but you have to pray to the RNG Goddess, since, post revive, you'll only have 2 shots at getting the other shiryu special to work (due to no healing, health cut, and his buff remover. Inazuma gives you that 2nd shot)
this should be illegal, first try

I even fucked up real bad and got despaired for 22 turns and was fine

GaimeGuy

this should be illegal, first try

I even fucked up real bad and got despaired for 22 turns and was fine

Yeah... last month....

I pulled out Shiryu from the bench and just used Shiryu for the first time to clear Kuma and YWB (on the first kuma run).
... that was stupid
this unit is stupid
What the hell were they thinking?

No Whitebeard. Got his skull drop on the very first run during the first ambush event.

Two Boa. Ground the shit out of the Domino FN to skill max both of them and farmed for a rainbow dragon to super evolve one of them. No skull in sight.

rULlOdf.gif

Hana-Bi

Tried the same WB team I used against Akainu for Boa with the Sunny instead of the Moby Dick. Messed up because I didn't know that the giant on stage one needs to hit me once for WB captain ability to work.

The team can work, but you need to hit all perfects on stage 3 because your max hit combo is 27. so only the last hit will deal some damage. I think I'll skip farming for today and farm Boa 6+ sockets with my normal double IntHawk team the next time (without the ambushes).

GaimeGuy

Tp be honest I don't need to put bind or despair on any free spirit units. Like, at all.

TS luffy, legend sabo, and SW Franky all have them.

I'm probably going to put 5 utility sockets on legend boa.

bobohoro

Did another pull, got a damage reduction socket for Sanji. Oh well.
If all goes well, I should have enough for a multi on both the second TS Strawhat and the Hody Jones batch, which should get me at least one or two useful new units.

Running Boa with my TS Sanji team and a Sakazuki FC, pretty easy now that I have it all figured out.
But refreshing for my two only friends to use is annoying. Will aim for 15-20 copies at least.

GaimeGuy

Wow, Kyou. The zombie team I gave you? It just failed for me against boa.

After her revival, I had 12 tries with shiryu. All missed.

I was able to pull off a Marco special.

I was able to reduce the damage of 2 boa attacks with an inazuma special.

There was nothing else I could have done. RNG gonna RNG.

Kyou

Wow, Kyou. The zombie team I gave you? It just failed for me against boa.

After her revival, I had 12 tries with shiryu. All missed.

I was able to pull off a Marco special.

I was able to reduce the damage of 2 boa attacks with an inazuma special.

There was nothing else I could have done. RNG gonna RNG.
Yeah I had it fail once, I had similarly spectacular bad luck.

My last run of Whitebeard I had failed to kill an enemy and had to panic use my specials before going into WB to survive and basically had the scenario of "You've got basically one turn to do this" and the first Shiryu killed him. Bless Shiryu.

I think I'll just keep this exact team for Doflamingo since it's similar enough to the one I used last time YWB was around. Going to do as many Doffys as I can. If I max the sockets on my legend maybe I'll start keeping copies for a second non-bind/despair doflamingo.

Top Bottom