• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Bowser

I'm forwarding this to Stafford in hopes he takes the hint and drops the belly

stafford_podDSC00160.jpg

Milchjon

Well, good to see there's players that balance Harrison & Co. out (if maybe a bit passive-aggressively):

Chris Kluwe said:
I think the discipline handed down by the commissioner is just. The message Vilma and company sent is not one I want my children learning.
Chris Kluwe said:
Oh no! I appear to have angered the "UR JUST A PUNTER HUR DUR DUR" crowd. Whatever will I do?! #pleasedontcrushmyincrediblyfragilepsyche
Chris Kluwe said:
I will now talk about how I feel on the NFLPA and appeal process (this will be complicated; I suggest some light brain calisthenics first).
First off, the NFLPA's in a tough spot. Vilma and the others deserve the right to an appeal; while I agree with the commissioner's decision others may not, and that's fine, this is America. However, the union has to simultaneously balance defending four guys against the judgement of Goodell (which needs oversight, make no mistake) while at the same time recognizing those four guys were attempting to harm other union members, who also deserve that same protection. The union cannot be just about appeals when someone does something wrong. It also has to be a shield for those men who are a part of it that you never hear about, but pay the same dues and play the same game. I can only hope that the leadership of the NFLPA realizes this, and acts in *all* of its members' interests, however that takes place.

Mrbob

Vilma better not be trying to lie here, or he just sullied himself completely for the rest of his career. Completely denying he had any hand in these bounties.

Godslay

Banned
Haven't been able to post all day, but RIP Junior Seau. I hated watching him play the Broncos as a kid, but he made the AFC West at the time that much better.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm sure the Giants have a secret laboratory, containing all of Eli's manhood dispensers.
Absolutely! They keep that lab right next to the trophy case housing Brady's post-op manhood. Having robbed him of that twice now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stafford should just focus on strengthening his paperbag shoulder.

Matt Stafford -- 2011 statistics

Games played (including playoffs) -- 17

"Paper bag."

This is almost as ridiculous as still calling Josh Freeman fat.

*Looks at last few days of NFL-GAF*

Never mind.

TAMPA, Fla. -- In a symbolic gesture, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand, whose playing career was ended by a spinal cord injury, on Wednesday morning.

LeGrand played for Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano at Rutgers. In a game Oct. 16, 2010, against Army, LeGrand suffered fractures of two vertebrae and a spinal cord injury.

Schiano called LeGrand's mother in New Jersey to let her know of his intention the night before breaking the news to his former player.

"I said, 'Are you serious? You want to do this?' He said: 'It's the least we could do,' " LeGrand said Wednesday during a conference call. "I said, 'I don't even know what to say to you right now, Coach. This is amazing.'

"It's something I always dreamed about, go to the NFL and retire and become a sportscaster," LeGrand added. "Dreams do come true if you really believe. You do the right things in life, good things happen to you. He really just did this out of the kindness of his heart. It's really what he wanted to do. I had no idea this was going to happen."

LeGrand initially was told he would be a quadriplegic and would have to remain on a ventilator.

Five weeks later, LeGrand began breathing on his own. Later, he became able to stand upright with the aid of a metal frame.

LeGrand resumed his studies in spring 2011. He led the Scarlet Knights onto the field for an Oct. 29, 2011, game and has remained close with Schiano.

"Leading up to the draft, I couldn't help but think that this should've been Eric's draft class," Schiano said. "This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men."

The Buccaneers also decided to make the signing May 2, to represent LeGrand's college number (52).

He put up a photo of a Tampa Bay helmet on his Twitter page, tweeting, "We ready!!!"

"It's a symbolic gesture. They can't give me any money with the salary cap and all that kind of stuff," LeGrand said in his conference call. "It's symbolic, something Coach wanted to do and I appreciate that. It just shows the man that he is."

LeGrand is planning to graduate this fall with a degree in labor studies.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...ured-rutgers-dt-eric-legrand-symbolic-gesture

Props to bucs and Schiano. Good football story on a day with a really sad one.

Bowser

Peter King said:
Little did I know that he would enlist one of the most noted attorneys in recent American history to help provide one final check on the evidence the league has on the Saints. Former U.S. attorney Mary Jo White, who successfully prosecuted noted mob boss John Gotti for murder and racketeering in 1992, was brought in by the league to pore over all the evidence. White reviewed the findings of the league's internal investigations (one in early 2010, and a renewed investigation early this year) and reportedly told the league its case is solid.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...05/02/saints.players/index.html#ixzz1tl2k7Qde

Checkmate.

Jonm1010

Banned
not saying all of the shows are shit dude, chill. As a whole. Showtime came up really big with the recent development of shows.

HBO crap is just tired shit with a few gems like thrones and boardwalk.

I admit I don't have showtime but Luck, Game of Thrones, Treme and Boardwalk Empire are good shows......Luck especially, may it rest in peace. The Newsroom looks like its gonna be a good one as well.

I don't know how you can describe HBO as tired though......they take more risks and give big money to those risks and original ideas than any other network by far.

Jonm1010

Banned

Yeah not looking good for our players.

Though, I guess the reactions are pretty much expected. Shame our organization didn't listen the first time Rog told me to cut it out.

Still I think, as is the case with a lot of goodells punishments, hes inconsistent at best.

Guys like Suh deliberately stomp on people and get 3 games. The belicheats literally cheat to win a superbowl and get a wrist slapping but the saints who had a bounty program - which is awful - but yet the results on the field stemming from that never indicated the players participating broke any NFL rules in pursuit of those bounties. Or committed anything blatantly illegal in terms of game rules......and that goes for all the people who point to those playoff games where, if you remember correctly, the refs NEVER called penalties against the saints for those QB hits. They were hits completely within the rules and passed the judgement of the officials.

I think even the most ardent saints haters should acknowledge the high probability that the severity of these punishments have at least some to do with PR and image due to the pending lawsuits and media coverage of player injuries than them being justified based on past NFL penalties for rule breaking.

Jonm1010

Banned
Drew should go to another city after this year. I see no reason why he should spend his years under that mess.

You act like our team is a crumbling mess that is going to go 3-13 this year and into the future.

We have one of the best play callers in the league(although he won't be there this year), a great offensive line and offensive weapons. A very good defensive coordinator and for intents and purposes have acquired MORE talent on that side then we had last season.

Unless the FO is stupid enough to not come to a reasonable compromise, why the fuck would he leave?

Top Bottom