• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's my Fallout 3 teaser Bethesda?!

Zenith

Banned
besada said:
Hey, another tard to the party. So, tell me the last high-selling AO game. I'll wait patiently.

Fahrenheit.

whoops? forget that one did we. well done, "tard". and San Andreas still sold fine even after the rating change. What an apologist.

besada

Banned
Zenith said:
Fahrenheit.

whoops? forget that one did we. well done, "tard". and San Andreas still sold fine even after the rating change. What an apologist.

Read more carefully, simpleton. That's the director's release for PC. You are simply too stupid to converse with from here on out.

Again, I encourage you to put your money where you mouth is and make your own incredibly violent game. I'll gladly buy it, along with a handful of other people and we can enjoy it while you go broke. Until then, STFU or take it to someone who's interested in your puerile half-assed arguments.

Zzoram

Jenga said:
It's rumored for PC and 360.

With a PS3 port later like Oblivion?

A lot of games are probably going the timed-exclusive on Xbox 360 route, because they can finish the game faster and easier on Xbox 360, it's an easy port to PC, and then they spend a few months on the PS3 port since it's the hard part.

Ubisoft at least might be doing this with all Tom Clancy games. Tom Clancy sells very well on Xbox 360 though so that's probably added incentive to get that version out first.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Very nice. At the very least, the feeling and mythos of Fallout games are present.

But at the same time, it feels a lot more epic.

Don't disappoint Bethsoft!

As far as the trailer goes; in game assets with their rendering engine. Except not running in real time.

Obviously things will change when they start optimising it, but it's not a bad target video at all; I can see it been possible, especially in late 2008 on the PC.

Scotch

Hmm it's a decent teaser. The music in the beginning is good. But I'm still worried about the LOTR'esque music on the website.

epmode

Scotch said:
Hmm it's a decent teaser. The music in the beginning is good. But I'm still worried about the LOTR'esque music on the website.
The *really good* LOTR'esque music.

Very excited about this, first person view or not.

KTallguy

Banned
White Man said:
Bleh, it's exactly what I expected. No new info.

Yea, although if that's the game's engine, it looks fairly nice. I'm just afraid it's gonna be first person even more now. You don't need that kind of detail if you're playing a top-down isometric game.

Cdammen

Jesus Z. Christ! We live in the year 2007 and file sites have still yet to utilize the excellence that is torrents!

syllogism

White Man said:
Is there some reason people think that's in-engine?

They say it is

1) Yes, that's in-engine (in-engine means it's done with game assets in our rendering engine, but isn't done real-time. If it was done in real-time, that'd be gameplay footage. This isn't something, for example, that was sent to some house [e.g. Blue Studios] so they could build assets and render it out, and create something for us to release [e.g. Dawn of War 40K intro cinematic]).

Scotch

epmode said:
The *really good* LOTR'esque music.

Very excited about this, first person view or not.
Yeah, it's really good LOTR'esque music. It's really bad Fallout music, though.

Crypto

Banned
White Man said:
Is there some reason people think that's in-engine?

Tons of visible texels. Not many special effects at all. Polygonal edges (look at the juke box thing in the bus)...

Zzoram

Crayon Shinchan said:
Very nice. At the very least, the feeling and mythos of Fallout games are present.

But at the same time, it feels a lot more epic.

Don't disappoint Bethsoft!

As far as the trailer goes; in game assets with their rendering engine. Except not running in real time.

Obviously things will change when they start optimising it, but it's not a bad target video at all; I can see it been possible, especially in late 2008 on the PC.

Making games/movies too epic has been a serious problem lately. Sometimes it's better to get things right on a small scale, rather than try to make everything huge and epic. Fallout was not epic. The fate of the world didn't rest on your shoulders, only the fate of your Vault.

haowan

Apparently it's rendered from the engine with game assets, just they probably couldn't get it in real time for the teaser so they pre-rendered it like that.

Personally I think they nailed it nicely, looks great, can't wait to see what they have got.

White Man

Alright, I just needed to know if it was cooked at all.

I'll wait for real game media before totally condemning the game.

Zenith

Banned
besada said:
That's the director's release for PC.

which still sold fine. and can't help but notice you ignored the lack of impact on SA's sales.

You are simply too stupid to converse with from here on out.

sure it's got nothing to do with you trying to avoid losing face? typical cop-out line.

Again, I encourage you to put your money where you mouth is and make your own incredibly violent game.
"Again"? you are actually seriously suggesting that I finance a games studio, recruit a team, create a game that requires an AO rating and then get a publishing deal. wow, you're out to lunch. :lol

your puerile half-assed arguments.

yet I can't help but notice it's you who's calling people jackasses, tards and saying "STFU". Hypocrite.

What's even more laughable is that you've yet to prove a single game has flopped due to getting an AO rating. The only 2 AO games that got above 5/10 reviews went on to sell just fine. All the rest flopped because they were bad games, unless you're seriously going to suggest that "Water Closet: The Forbidden Chamber" would have sold in droves if it was only M rated. Great job, guy. :lol And way to gloss over how you tried to use Take Two violating SA's rating to imply that Bethesda would actually get sued for making an AO game.

Takuan

Armor guy looks like shit. I hope that's not power armor, or at least that it isn't the only type of it in the game.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
KTallguy said:
Yea, although if that's the game's engine, it looks fairly nice. I'm just afraid it's gonna be first person even more now. You don't need that kind of detail if you're playing a top-down isometric game.

Look. Fallout ISN'T about it's stilted turn based isometric combat system.

It's ALL ABOUT the awesome dystopic post nuclear universe setting along with great character building, and role playing options.

Only thing I have to say is that I'm going to go jihad on Bethsoft if they use their lame ass system where monsters level along with you!

Who the hell thought that was a good idea??

I mean... if you do it right, it might not be too bad; you start levelling up; when you come back to what was once a noob area, the roster of enemies may have been replaced by tougher mobs, due to your progression in the game.

But who the hell wants to feel as if they're not progressing at all, thanks to the opponents levelling right along with you?

Cdammen

Short and sweet. But they really need to change that epic/heroic/fantasy music or I'll shiv someone in the eye. That "honorable" music doesn't belong in a Fallout game. That's all :)

(EDIT) Some caps.

WerWKfCNf.jpg

gHQUuauOL.jpg

XVDXlCjew.jpg

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Zzoram said:
Making games/movies too epic has been a serious problem lately. Sometimes it's better to get things right on a small scale, rather than try to make everything huge and epic. Fallout was not epic. The fate of the world didn't rest on your shoulders, only the fate of your Vault.

I meant epic in the sense that it feels like even more powerful parties, based in even larger cities will be around this time.

That said, I really hope they include a good number of those hovel cities that gave FO the unique feel that it did.

Top Bottom