• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Review Thread

Super Mario 64 vs. Persona 5

kbN2W9t.png

Damn man, no wonder everyone begins sweating when an EDGE review appears XD
I didn't know they had so much leverage in the review count.
Then again I feel this game's pain, same thing happened to U4 last year, it just took a 4/10 to drop it down to a 93.

LotusHD

Banned
The best part about a score going back up is looking all the joke posts talking about wanting to sell it, break it, get a refund, etc.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The best part about a score going back up is looking all the joke posts talking about wanting to sell it, break it, get a refund, etc.

They should all catch a ban for such shitty jokes/memes.

aadiboy

Likely prediction: Persona 5 is the highest rated PS4 game of the year
Crazy prediction: Persona 5 will be the only PS4 game of 2017 to score a 90 or above.

Thankfully, I finished the game before it dropped to 93. And after it drops, I've been waiting for it to go back up to 94 to finally start a NG+. I think this is finally the time for that. Nice!

MTC100

Banned
I don't think it deserves the 94 though, the
7th
palace was too bad.

After:
. 10 hours I thought the game was a 90
. 20-40 hours I thought the game was a 95
. 60 hours I would swear it's a 100
. 80 hours it was back to 95
. 100 hours I would have given it a 90

Now at 115 hours and playing the epilogue I am not sure if I would give it a 95 or 90, definitely not a 100 though, the 7th palace really hurt the score in my opinion, it was dragged out for too long and was uninspired, the design was lackluster. I think an overall 92-93 would be quite fitting.

On the other hand, a 94 is also well deserved, if you take into account how long this game will entertain you.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't think it deserves the 94 though, the
7th
palace was too bad.

After:
. 10 hours I thought the game was a 90
. 20-40 hours I thought the game was a 95
. 60 hours I would swear it's a 100
. 80 hours it was back to 95
. 100 hours I would have given it a 90

Now at 115 hours and playing the epilogue I am not sure if I would give it a 95 or 90, definitely not a 100 though, the 7th palace really hurt the score in my opinion, it was dragged out for too long and was uninspired, the design was lackluster. I think an overall 92-93 would be quite fitting.

On the other hand, a 94 is also well deserved, if you take into account how long this game will entertain you.

Well for one as you should well know, it doesn't work like that, since the MC score is just an aggregation of a bunch of scores they've collected. It's not like purposely gave it a 94.

Secondly, this is pretty amusing to see, you contemplating if the score should be lower; I recall you earlier being disappointed at the thought of the MC score not being 94-95+, or that any review that gives it an 8 (Hey if more outlets give it an 8, your wish would be granted I guess lol) isn't doing the game justice.

MTC100

Banned
Well for one as you should well know, it doesn't work like that, since the MC score is just an aggregation of a bunch of scores they've collected. It's not like purposely gave it a 94.

Secondly, this is pretty amusing to see, you contemplating if the score should be lower; I recall you earlier being disappointed at the thought of the MC score not being 94-95+, or that any review that gives it an 8 (Hey if more outlets give it an 8, your wish would be granted I guess lol) isn't doing the game justice.

An 8(or even 7) would only be justified if the game would only consist of palaces like number
. Let's be serious: If you score a great game lower than Mr.(or in this case Mrs.) Jimquisition, then you're most likely doing something wrong, I'm looking at you Edge!

The main issue with scoring is the inflation of scores, publications are giving out 9s and 10s much too often, so for a really good niche game like Persona to become noticed you'd need at least an mc score of 90+

Like you said, the Metascore doesn't work the way I would score something. In the end I am not as sure as I thought I would be, that Persona 5 is the best game of the series yet, perhaps P5G will win me over completely though...

Top Bottom