• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Murray is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with Harold Ramis he wasn't

Let's not forget the abuse against his ex-wife either. Ramis "affectionately" referred to him during his divorce proceedings/shooting of Groundhog Day as "The Murricane". Apparently he was incredibly unpleasant during the filming of that.

That said the dude gave some incredibly memorable performances that definitely elevated my childhood. His work on Wes Anderson movies has been awesome too.

tumblr_msnrf5uUX81r89ybuo1_500.gif

DiscoJer

Wasn't so cool when he got Lorenzo Music fired from The Real Ghostbusters because Lorenzo Music sounded too much like Garfield (which he was), then Murray did the voice of Garfield in the theatrical movies.

I lost a lot of respect for Bill Murray when he fucked over Harold Ramis and then blocked Ghostbusters 3 from getting made for 20 years

Auctopus

That was pretty average. He doesn't say anything of interest? He says he's always wanted to pick and place at the airport and go? Right? So has everyone else.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just watched Kingpin on Blu-ray. So dark. Love it.
His combover in that was epic.

GlamFM

Banned
I lost a lot of respect for Bill Murray when he fucked over Harold Ramis and then blocked Ghostbusters 3 from getting made for 20 years

2nd one was shit - he probably just didn´t want to do more damage to Ghostbusters.

Good call I think.

lol, please say you're not knocking someone's opinion by using a review aggregate site. Not to mention that the average viewer (of which our Gaffer friend is) ratings are much closer.
He didn't knock anything. He was just pointing out that thinking Ghostbusters 2 is good movie is probably a minority opinion. And he's right, even the audience score went from a B to a D. Not to mention that Ghostbusters 2 has less then half the amount of people rating it compared to Ghostbusters in the first place.

Ghostbusters 2 is a great movie. Vigo, River of Slime, Peter MacNicol, Statue of Liberty/museum visual, rundmc theme.....I mean it's not quite as good as the first(few films are), but it's nothing to be ashamed of and a film I'm always psyched to rewatch.

What happened between them?

“Bill owes everything to Harold, and he probably has a thimbleful of gratitude.”

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/04/19/comedy-first?currentPage=all

It's a great article on Ramis, ctrl f to "Offscreen, Ramis and Bill Murray" if you just want to read about the ramis/murray stuff.

GlamFM

Banned
lol, please say you're not knocking someone's opinion by using a review aggregate site. Not to mention that the average viewer (of which our Gaffer friend is) ratings are much closer.

(lol) this is absolutely not what I´m doing.

Also, if anything he was knocking my opinion. Hence the word "Bullshit" in his post.

spliced

Meh he's made a few movies I didn't mind but he doesn't seem like a very nice person and he's an awful interview, so boring. He doesn't talk about his personal life much so it wouldn't surprise me if he's hiding stuff he doesn't want to get out.

GlamFM

Banned
Meh he's made a few movies I didn't mind but he doesn't seem like a very nice person and he's an awful interview, so boring. He doesn't talk about his personal life much so it wouldn't surprise me if he's hiding stuff he doesn't want to get out.

How much do you talk about personal life to complete strangers on a daily basis?

Just curious - hope you´re not hiding "stuff".

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ghostbusters II was pretty sweet. With Vigor and Sauron in the sewer and shit. Just not nearly as good as the first. The soundtrack is really sweet too.

Vagabundo

Let's not forget the abuse against his ex-wife either. Ramis "affectionately" referred to him during his divorce proceedings/shooting of Groundhog Day as "The Murricane". Apparently he was incredibly unpleasant during the filming of that.

That said the dude gave some incredibly memorable performances that definitely elevated my childhood. His work on Wes Anderson movies has been awesome too.

tumblr_msnrf5uUX81r89ybuo1_500.gif

I heard he used to beat his wife.

She alleged, he denied. She doesn't seem all the best herself so I wouldn't take her word as gossip:

http://nypost.com/2008/06/09/cops-call-on-boozy-wife-of-bill-murray/

mltplkxr

Really liked him in Broken Flowers. In interviews, he's kind of like Aphix Twin, you can never be sure if he's serious or just messing with people which I think is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom