• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes February 10th

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 22s

Also, I'm told by Sony that @tombraider on PS4 outsold the Xbox One version 2:1

dat Lara

edit: beaten like the broncos :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 22s

Also, I'm told by Sony that @tombraider on PS4 outsold the Xbox One version 2:1

dat Lara

edit: beaten like the broncos :(

Double the framerate, double the sales.

lmFyY9x.gif

Comparatively, Xbox One consoles have sold at a rate of 2.29 times faster than Xbox 360 in the U.S. in the same timeframe for the first three months on the market.

It's hidden in there. 2.29x faster than the 360 which sold 1.96M units in its first three months. Subtract the 1.82 Xbones sold through in Nov-Dec and you get ~140K. Or 146K more precisely by what I have.

If it's just NPD numbers:

360:
November 2005 - 326K
December 2005 - 281K
January 2006 - 249K
=
Three month total: 856K

Xbox One:
November 2013: 909K
December 2013: 908K
=
Two month total: 1817K

So:
1817K + ???K January 2014 = (856K) * 2.29
1817K + ???K January 2014 = 1960K
January = 143K

legend166

So, let's say these are the figures:

- PS4 - 290k
- Xbox One - 145k
- Wii U - 40k (complete guess but probably close)

That gives a total of 475k.

In January 2007, where we had the exact same situation of a console that had been out for over a year, and two that were just released the year prior, 947k consoles were sold.

That's not good.

So.... I think it's safe to say MS is in panic mode now. Even with a supply-constrained PS4, they managed half the sales? Price drop incoming this year for sure.

Finalizer

So I was way over on both next-gen systems. Fug :DDDDD

And now for some entertainment while I was looking back...

Incidentally I was wondering, may Superbowl have given somehow a boost to XboxOne?

It's hidden in there. 2.29x faster than the 360 which sold 1.96M units in its first three months. Subtract the 1.82 Xbones sold through in Nov-Dec and you get ~140K. Or 146K more precisely by what I have.

You tell me.

sNDrGbJ.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Seriously, as others have mentioned, I have no idea how PS4 got to that number. With them shorting January by pushing the stock into mid/late December, and saving up console for Feb. Japan launch...I just don't understand it.

So, let's say these are the figures:

- PS4 - 290k
- Xbox One - 145k
- Wii U - 40k (complete guess but probably close)

That gives a total of 475k.

In January 2007, where we had the exact same situation of a console that had been out for over a year, and two that were just released the year prior, 947k consoles were sold.

That's not good.

Wii was a freakish monster.

Seriously, as others have mentioned, I have no idea how PS4 got to that number. With them shorting January by pushing the stock into mid/late December, and saving up console for Feb. Japan launch...I just don't understand it.

I guessed 290K for PS4 :D

Although 200K for XB1 bleh

Vibranium

Banned
Major Nelson should place a call to J Allard after these numbers; "J, it's time to come home". If this happens on a consistent enough basis Microsoft's reactions should be interesting through the coming months.

Congrats to Sony for this month.

ironcreed

Banned
They need to drop that price somehow. It had a great start, but sales are dying off for a reason. People are just not going to bite on that $500 price tag. I still plan to get one, but I still wince when thinking about the price compared to a more powerful PS4 sitting at $100 less. I mean, how can I not?

Liha

Banned
Ni̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶n̶̶d̶̶o̶ Microsoft is doomed

The thing is, could MS compensate January and maybe February difference with Titanfall launch?

PC and 360 players say nope

Top Bottom