• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I've got all the level requirements for the items/abilities that you unlock. In doing so I noticed I was missing 2 perks. One is 'Big Punch' that I have updated the perk list with.

I'm in the process of getting the correct string for the other perk then I'll clean up the list and post it.

T.O.P

Banned
I've got all the level requirements for the items/abilities that you unlock. In doing so I noticed I was missing 2 perks. One is 'Big Punch' that I have updated the perk list with.

I'm in the process of getting the correct string for the other perk then I'll clean up the list and post it.

Yup already know i'll love this one ahah

Great job again dude!

RazorUK

Perk List updated with all 22: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101298092&postcount=836

Level Unlocks:
Everything else is unlocked at Level 1. These are from the beta files so it's possible that they will be tweaked before release.

R-97 Compact SMG - 6
Arc Grenade - 7
Stim - 8
Longbow-DMR Sniper - 9
Slaved Warheads - 11
Electric Smoke - 12
Fast Autoloader - 13
Warpfall Transmitter - 14
Plasma Railgun - 16
Satchel Charge - 17
G2A4 Rifle - 18
Active Radar Pulse - 19
Arc Cannon - 21
Mag Launcher Anti-Titan - 22
Core Extender - 22
Cluster Missile - 24
Particle Wall - 26
B3 Wingman - 27
Triple Threat - 28
Hemlok BF-R - 29
Arc Mine - 31
Multi-Target Missile System - 32
Charge Rifle Anti-Titan - 33
C.A.R.SMG - 34
Run N Gun Kit - 36
Dead Man's Trigger - 37
Dash Quickcharger - 38
Spitfire LMG - 39
Big Punch - 41
Quick Reload Kit - 42
Icepick - 43
Kraber-AP Sniper - 44
Tactical Reactor - 46
Core Accelerator - 47
Stealth Kit - 48
Guardian Chip - 49

Amir0x

Banned
Man this game has a lot of modes too now. It's increasingly looking more and more bizarre to complain about this game from a content perspective.

Raide

Man this game has a lot of modes too now. It's increasingly looking more and more bizarre to complain about this game from a content perspective.

Game has too much content! How am I supposed to pay $60 and actually play all of it? Waste of money.

Amir0x

Banned
when we saw the giant skulls in Boneyard I thought there might be monsters but it's cool to see it confirmed

wonder if they'll play an actual role or will just be a backdrop

BY2K

Membero Americo
when we saw the giant skulls in Boneyard I thought there might be monsters but it's cool to see it confirmed

wonder if they'll play an actual role or will just be a backdrop

That would certainly explain why we have Titans in the first place.

Nokterian

FUCKING
PACIFIC RIM
ALL UP IN THIS BITCH!

Let's bash some!

PacificRim-400-00-sg.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
Should we make a thread about this? I mean it's pretty big news, and it was in an ad, so it's not like they wanted to keep it a secret until release.

Amir0x

Banned
Should we make a thread about this? I mean it's pretty big news, and it was in an ad, so it's not like they wanted to keep it a secret until release.

aw shit dude didn't see this post about you wanting to make one :(

always make new topics for new news like that...

JackHerer

I am concerned about the see-through walls ability. I used it in the beta as a burn card and it definitely felt cheap. Gave me a few really easy kills.

Remmy2112

I am concerned about the see-through walls ability. I used it in the beta as a burn card and it definitely felt cheap. Gave me a few really easy kills.

It is a active ability so it will only last a few moments before you have to recharge. While it does give a advantage so do the other two active abilities. The cloak can allow you to remain undetected and the stim can allow you to escape and counter-attack at nearly full health even if you were almost killed.

GavinGT

Banned
While I would normally be distressed about the inclusion of what's essentially the Martyrdom perk, I don't see it being much of an issue in this game when you can just GTFO in no time flat.

EDIT: Wait, I just re-read the description. It only applies to explosives you've planted. That sounds fine.

RazorUK

Here are the 'proper' map names and descriptions that display in the game. The 9 maps that are in the campaign mode also have campaign descriptions but I am only posting the classic/multiplayer descriptions.

Corporate
Applied Robotics labs on the Frontier such as this one, developed the IMC's Spectre automated infantry unit.

Colony
IMC and Militia forces clash in the close-quarters of an uncharted rural colony.

Fracture
Years of aggressive fuel extraction have taken their toll on this former colony for the privileged.

Relic
Parts salvaged from this old IMC shipwreck are sent into the valley below for further processing.

Angel City
When the IMC instituted martial law in Angel City, massive walls were built to divide the city into many smaller districts.

Outpost 207
Orbital defense cannons stationed at high altitude defend against the incursion of hostile capital ships.

Boneyard
Extensive IMC research on wildlife repulsor technology was once conducted at this facility.

Airbase
IMC Airbase Sierra is defended against local wildlife by the latest generation of repulsor tower technology.

Demeter (This was leaked as o2 (dev tag), actual name is Demeter)
Demeter is a critical fuelling station for IMC forces making the jump into the Frontier.

Smuggler's Cove
Part arms-bazaar and part pirate enclave, Smuggler's Cove is famous for its selection of mercenaries and black-market kits.

Nexus
IMC forces move in to pacify a backwater agricultural outpost suspected of harboring Militia personnel.

Lagoon
An IMC carrier makes an emergency landing on a small fishing village in the Freeport system.

Rise
Militia special forces set up a Long-Range Desert Patrol outpost in an abandoned IMC reservoir.

Training Ground
IMC Pilot training programs conducted here have a 98 percent fatality rate. Only the strong survive.

Here are the 'proper' map names and descriptions that display in the game. The 9 maps that are in the campaign mode also have campaign descriptions but I am only posting the classic/multiplayer descriptions.

snip

Thanks! Can you spoiler tag the campaign descriptions?

Milennia

Perk List updated with all 22: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101298092&postcount=836

Level Unlocks:
Everything else is unlocked at Level 1. These are from the beta files so it's possible that they will be tweaked before release.

R-97 Compact SMG - 6
Arc Grenade - 7
Stim - 8
Longbow-DMR Sniper - 9
Slaved Warheads - 11
Electric Smoke - 12
Fast Autoloader - 13
Warpfall Transmitter - 14
Plasma Railgun - 16
Satchel Charge - 17
G2A4 Rifle - 18
Active Radar Pulse - 19
Arc Cannon - 21
Mag Launcher Anti-Titan - 22
Core Extender - 22
Cluster Missile - 24
Particle Wall - 26
B3 Wingman - 27
Triple Threat - 28
Hemlok BF-R - 29
Arc Mine - 31
Multi-Target Missile System - 32
Charge Rifle Anti-Titan - 33
C.A.R.SMG - 34
Run N Gun Kit - 36
Dead Man's Trigger - 37
Dash Quickcharger - 38
Spitfire LMG - 39
Big Punch - 41
Quick Reload Kit - 42
Icepick - 43
Kraber-AP Sniper - 44
Tactical Reactor - 46
Core Accelerator - 47
Stealth Kit - 48
Guardian Chip - 49

So cap is 50 like COD.
Ok I'm fine with that, as long as it takes a while to hit.
Or maybe it would be cool if they had some artificial levels leading up to 100 or something, giving you some different odds and ends.

So cap is 50 like COD.
Ok I'm fine with that, as long as it takes a while to hit.
Or maybe it would be cool if they had some artificial levels leading up to 100 or something, giving you some different odds and ends.

I think they should unlock new skins for levels after 50.

polychron

Well, with all the news coming out about this game, and from playing the beta, this could be the game that finally gets me back into seriously playing multiplayer shooters. Haven't really put a decent chunk of time into one since COD: World at War.

RazorUK

Here are the game types with their ingame names and descriptions. The names in the original post were listed in the beta code, however their text strings do not appear to exist in the beta files.

Hardpoint Domination
Capture and hold the Hardpoints.

Capture the Flag
Capture the enemy flag, defend your own.

Pilot Hunter
Kill Enemy Pilots.

Attrition
Kill Enemy Pilots, Grunts and Titans.

Last Titan Standing
Last team with Titans standing wins.

Victrix

*beard*
Razor, to ease updating of the OP, and since you've pulled out so much info, seems like it'd be worthwhile for you to start a new post and consolidate all your information in one place - if you feel like it of course!

This thread has gone well beyond just a map list at this point, it's a nearly complete list of all the gear and goodies in the game.

RazorUK

Razor, to ease updating of the OP, and since you've pulled out so much info, seems like it'd be worthwhile for you to start a new post and consolidate all your information in one place - if you feel like it of course!

This thread has gone well beyond just a map list at this point, it's a nearly complete list of all the gear and goodies in the game.

The problem with creating a new topic is that many gaming sites are linking to this topic, so I feel it's best we keep this one up to date.
I have pmed Amir0x with the latest changes so I'm sure he will update it when he next comes on.

Thanks for the tag!

Milennia

Pilot hunter.

Thats what i have been waiting for and those who enjoy the pilot combat will love it I'm sure.

Theres your competitive game mode if they ever choose to move on esports, it solves every issue i had with this game in terms of competitive play, well, almost.
There was no way they would create such an exciting mechanic without a mode to emphasize it 1v1.

Damn I'm excited.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Pilot hunter.

Thats what i have been waiting for and those who enjoy the pilot combat will love it I'm sure.

Theres your competitive game mode if they ever choose to move on esports, it solves every issue i had with this game in terms of competitive play, well, almost.
There was no way they would create such an exciting mechanic without a mode to emphasize it 1v1.

Damn I'm excited.

I'd love "Pilot Hunter Hardpoint".

I'd love that very much.

RazorUK

Pilot hunter.

Damn I'm excited.

It's interesting as apparently yesterday there was a live-stream, where the Respawn developers stated that there will be no 'pilot-only' modes.
I don't know if anyone can confirm that as I have not seen the stream yet.

We have to remember that all the data that has been leaked from me is coming from the Beta files. This is data that was locked down some time ago. They've most likely tweaked things and possibly removed some stuff that I have mentioned.

Murmur

It's interesting as apparently yesterday there was a live-stream, where the Respawn developers stated that there will be no 'pilot-only' modes.

We have to remember that all the data that has been leaked from me is coming from the Beta files. This is data that was locked down some time ago. They've most likely tweaked things and possibly removed some stuff that I have mentioned.

I think it's possible that Pilot Hunter will be a mode that plays very similarly to Attrition, though the score is only based off of Pilot kills?

That would validate Respawn saying there are no Pilot Only modes.

Milennia

Taking that into account of course, thanks again for the leaks regardless.

It just seems odd that they wouldnt create a mode that specifically emphasizes their parkour mechanic.
Its so plausible that it hurts.

If it turns out they removed the mode, theres still a strong possibility we will end up seeing it at some point in the games life cycle, if the community shows interest of course.
Strong feeling says they will if it isn't included in the vanilla release.
Just solves so many issues some people had with the game, such as those who don't like the idea of AI etc.

I also realize that the old IW and Respawn, are huge on the "play the game the way we intended it to be played" philosophy if i recall correctly, so I'm not 100% expecting it just on that.

ultron87

Pilot Hunter could be identical to Last Titan Standing but you have to kill the pilot. Though that sounds kind of miserable with all the places and levels you could hide in. Attrition mode without grunt scoring sounds more reasonable.

RazorUK

Pilot Hunter could be identical to Last Titan Standing but you have to kill the pilot. Though that sounds kind of miserable with all the places and levels you could hide in. Attrition mode without grunt scoring sounds more reasonable.

The score limit of the default Pilot Hunter is set to 50. The dev tag is TEAM_DEATHMATCH so I believe it is your standard TDM.

Top Bottom