• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ramyeon
Member
(02-27-2014, 09:28 AM)
ramyeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kensuke

I made an Edax Lobby, I need Ripple Drop from that guy. I assume the low level version drops them?

I'm down for that, same name and pass as usual?
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 09:36 AM)
Kensuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by ramyeon

I'm down for that, same name and pass as usual?

I'm in the middle of killing one in a public lobby. I'll tell you when it's open again.

Edit: Just killed him. Lobby is called 'Edax'.
Edit2: Error, lobby is closed. Won't be opening another one.
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 09:47 AM.
MyvTeddy
Junior Member
(02-27-2014, 09:38 AM)
MyvTeddy's Avatar
So currently, whats ze popular/top weapons so far? or is it just pick whatever and it'll do fine?
Seil
Member
(02-27-2014, 09:46 AM)
Seil's Avatar

Originally Posted by MyvTeddy

So currently, whats ze popular/top weapons so far? or is it just pick whatever and it'll do fine?

Use whichever provides your preferred playstyle as they all do great.

Gauntlets are the highest damage output. At this point, the fastest kills definitely seem to go to them.

Bows make breaking all parts pretty easy and when coupled with Spirit Mitama they're pretty awesome.

Knives are the weakest in terms of base damage, but they're extremely fast. They also allow you to climb up tall enemies etc.

Chain and Sickle/Kusarigama let you swing around and slice away which is pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

Swords seem pretty fun to use, but I don't have much experience with them.

Spears are perhaps the most "balanced" weapon. They give you a counterattack to charges, allow you to aim at parts, dish out decent damage and so on.
ShogunDarius
(02-27-2014, 10:02 AM)
ShogunDarius's Avatar
Anyone know where I cann get some golden fur? I only need 1
Seil
Member
(02-27-2014, 10:05 AM)
Seil's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShogunDarius

Anyone know where I cann get some golden fur? I only need 1

Anywhere you can find Blitzers, the lightning lion oni. I forget where they first appear, though x.x Early on it was usually in "defend"/red zone type missions I think. In chapter 3 you can do the Chimera of the Night mission and kill a couple Howlers, leave that zone, return and a Blitzer should spawn.
Kazama Sogetsu
Member
(02-27-2014, 11:05 AM)
Kazama Sogetsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by rockman zx

What happen to Toukiden: Age of Demons Guide by Kats Quintano - Google Docs?.

Got deleted it seems. The author posted the link to a new one here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pf9tWU/pubhtml
michaelius
Member
(02-27-2014, 11:53 AM)
Why do hunting games creators do think that forcing player to look for single monster on whole 9 area map is acceptable game design in 2013 ?
wilflare
Member
(02-27-2014, 11:57 AM)
wilflare's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

Why do hunting games creators do think that forcing player to look for single monster on whole 9 area map is acceptable game design in 2013 ?

this. hahaha but thankfully load times between areas are not horrible.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 12:55 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
how are things on your end laughingbanana? I'm ready for some demon slaying!
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:00 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar

Originally Posted by JimPanzer

how are things on your end laughingbanana? I'm ready for some demon slaying!

Lets go!

I am at 9-3 right now. The missions are all horrifying to see, hahaha.
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:00 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
Tell me if you guys start a GAF lobby. I'll gladly join. :)

I'm at 9-3 too. Triple monsters everywhere!
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 01:02 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:01 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laughing Banana

Lets go!

will open a room with the usual name and password

edit: error! :/ can someone else try to host?
Last edited by JimPanzer; 02-27-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:06 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
I'll host one. Same room name and pass.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:07 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
Only kensuke and I are in hahaha. Wanna try again?

Onky Kensuke and I yet again!
Last edited by Laughing Banana; 02-27-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Shengar
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:09 PM)
Shengar's Avatar
I just realized that Netherworld Armor set is third tier armor from Half bosses. So Dreadhalf armor is still not appearing for me? :/
Could anybody check if Dreadhalf armor set is even a thing?
I'm still at 8-1, guess I can't join huh.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:12 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
what the fuck, it threw me directly onto the loading screen when I accepted the mission
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:14 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by JimPanzer

what the fuck, it threw me directly onto the loading screen when I accepted the mission

Yeah, that has happened to me before. I'll make a new room.

Originally Posted by Shengar

I just realized that Netherworld Armor set is third tier armor from Half bosses. So Dreadhalf armor is still not appearing for me? :/
Could anybody check if Dreadhalf armor set is even a thing?
I'm still at 8-1, guess I can't join huh.

Check here. I'm still rocking a Yin-set. Not sure what to make next. I can make a few Togami pieces, but I don't like the bird look.

Edit: Not all players ready error. Ugh. Someone else make a lobby.
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 01:16 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:17 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
I'll try again
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:17 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
And now it's only me and Sakura hahahaha.

And yet again only me and Sakura, oh my God.
Last edited by Laughing Banana; 02-27-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:20 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
Now the whole game crashed. Damn, what's going on.

I'll try hosting one more time.

Edit: Scratch that, you do it Banana. :P
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 01:22 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:21 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
one last try for me

edit: ohh, now I've already opened one :D
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:22 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
Alright... let me try.

Now we have TWO Gaf hahaha.

We're in in Sakura's host.
Last edited by Laughing Banana; 02-27-2014 at 01:24 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:26 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
aaaand not all players rdy yet again. I bet it's Nagi causing all these problems.
Can we try with you as host laughing banana?
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:28 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar

Originally Posted by JimPanzer

aaaand not all players rdy yet again. I bet it's Nagi causing all these problems.
Can we try with you as host laughing banana?

Sure.

Not all players are ready...
Last edited by Laughing Banana; 02-27-2014 at 01:31 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:31 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
game crashed, god damn. I think that's it for me guys, spending far too much time with just trying to play online :(
will finish P3P instead
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:32 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
Kensuke, still wanna try?
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:32 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
I'll make an open lobby then. Join that banana. It's called Phase 9

Of course, not all players ready...
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 01:35 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:33 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar
I'll come for one more try

ok, that's it for me :/ good luck to you! :D
Last edited by JimPanzer; 02-27-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 01:37 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
Sigh.....
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:37 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
Made a new Phase 9 lobby. Last one for me, otherwise it's not on the cards.

Edit: Haha, just couldn't break the horns of both grinders.
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Scher
Member
(02-27-2014, 01:58 PM)
Scher's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laughing Banana

Speaking of Tatara, how big is the max storage? Because I am at 500 now and the game already bugging me every now and then to sell stuff after missions, bloody annoying.

Since nobody seemed to have the answer for this question, the max storage is 500 for equipment and 700 for materials. The final quest to upgrade the materials chest is for a flameice dragon from Sableblade.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 02:13 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
One mission downnnn! Fuck those Grinders though!!!
wilflare
Member
(02-27-2014, 02:32 PM)
wilflare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laughing Banana

One mission downnnn! Fuck those Grinders though!!!

grinders are the worst bosses ever
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 02:41 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
I was a bit reckless with the first hunter, but this one wasn't too bad.

Also, two mitama's!

Edit: Nooo, not all players ready error. I'll make a new one in a sec.
Last edited by Kensuke; 02-27-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 02:42 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
Two missions down, two Mitamas gained :)

Error. Wanna try again?
Last edited by Laughing Banana; 02-27-2014 at 02:44 PM.
AmethystEnd
Member
(02-27-2014, 02:44 PM)
AmethystEnd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Scher

Since nobody seemed to have the answer for this question, the max storage is 500 for equipment and 700 for materials. The final quest to upgrade the materials chest is for a flameice dragon from Sableblade.

Damn it all. I already have multiple flameice dragons. I JUST NEED THE DAMN EDAX HORNBITS.
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 02:48 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
Banana, hurry! There's already 2 other players.
wilflare
Member
(02-27-2014, 02:56 PM)
wilflare's Avatar
where's a good place to farm Howlers?
Shengar
Member
(02-27-2014, 03:18 PM)
Shengar's Avatar

Originally Posted by AmethystEnd

Damn it all. I already have multiple flameice dragons. I JUST NEED THE DAMN EDAX HORNBITS.

Edax hornbits seems a commong drop.
Dreadhalf hornbits on the other hands...
michaelius
Member
(02-27-2014, 03:20 PM)
Are there some advanced training in game later ?

I did every weapon training but i haven't received trophy for it.
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 03:26 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar
Banana, what happened? You left us. I hope you managed to kill him solo.
Kazama Sogetsu
Member
(02-27-2014, 03:27 PM)
Kazama Sogetsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

Are there some advanced training in game later ?

I did every weapon training but i haven't received trophy for it.

Once you beat the 5th and last normal chapter, one final tutorial will show up.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 03:29 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar
Can't bloody believe I got a connection error RIGHT NEAR THE END OF A BLOODY BATTLE AGAINST CHTONIAN PLUS ABYSSAL. Thank God Nagi is there..... Kensuke, did you finish the battle? I did. Got a Mitama and all parts already destroyed... too much loss to quit.
Kensuke
Member
(02-27-2014, 03:31 PM)
Kensuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laughing Banana

Can't bloody believe I got a connection error RIGHT NEAR THE END OF A BLOODY BATTLE AGAINST CHTONIAN PLUS ABYSSAL. Thank God Nagi is there..... Kensuke, did you finish the battle? I did. Got a Mitama and all parts already destroyed... too much loss to quit.

Yeah, me and that other player handled it. That was it for phase 9! Thanks a bunch banana, this is going to be it for me.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 03:36 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kensuke

Yeah, me and that other player handled it. That was it for phase 9! Thanks a bunch banana, this is going to be it for me.

"This is going to be it for me"? You mean you done with Toukiden? O_o

I was lucky you bring Nagi there and the Abyssal's HP is already almost depleted. Thank you to you too and that Yuna player as well :)
wilflare
Member
(02-27-2014, 04:59 PM)
wilflare's Avatar
just had my first ever Mission Failure :/
got too ambitious and allowed Bladewing to kill all my NPCs :/ couldn't revive any of them and got finished off ultimately T_T

think my Veteran armor is too underpowered ><
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(02-27-2014, 05:14 PM)
Laughing Banana's Avatar

Originally Posted by wilflare

just had my first ever Mission Failure :/
got too ambitious and allowed Bladewing to kill all my NPCs :/ couldn't revive any of them and got finished off ultimately T_T

think my Veteran armor is too underpowered ><

AIs are generally useless against Bladewing :/ One of the most annoying enemies to fight with AIs.

Anyways, a couple things:

1. Fucking bloody annoyed by the fact that all I need to finish Tatara's questline is just one, ONE bloody Edax Hornbit but I defeated the bastard FOUR TIMES in various maps and yet it-just-didn't-show-up.

2, Thinking about taking a break for a while from Toukiden, to play Bravely Default while waiting for FFX/FFX-2 Vita to arrive. I am already at chapter 7 SP phase 10-1 MP and am a bit burned out right now, hahaha. I will join Toukiden GAF if I can get the chance though.
AmethystEnd
Member
(02-27-2014, 05:19 PM)
AmethystEnd's Avatar
I'm having a hard time here as well, Banana. I really really want to put my time into Lords of Shadow 2 but I don't want to fall too far behind you guys. Well, I'm in phase 9 so there's really not much more to go, but still.

And finalizing my Mitama build last night felt like a gigantic victory.

Edit: YYYYESSSS. Killed another Edax on a whim and got my 2nd hornbit. JUST ONE. MORE.
Last edited by AmethystEnd; 02-27-2014 at 05:31 PM.
JimPanzer
Member
(02-27-2014, 05:34 PM)
JimPanzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laughing Banana

2, Thinking about taking a break for a while from Toukiden, to play Bravely Default while waiting for FFX/FFX-2 Vita to arrive. I am already at chapter 7 SP phase 10-1 MP and am a bit burned out right now, hahaha. I will join Toukiden GAF if I can get the chance though.

yeah, I'll take a break too. Want to finish up P3P and play VLR and Danganronpa before FF X HD arrives.

Thread Tools