• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nexus Zero
(04-07-2008, 08:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Hero of legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSw4lCjJBe8

New Wolf teaser. Real? Fake? Too good to be fake IMO!

Oh fucking hell.
Proven
(04-07-2008, 08:23 PM)
The tune he's whistling sounds kinda familiar, but I'm not sure if I heard it from a game or a cartoon (and by cartoon I don't mean an anime).
Firestorm
(04-07-2008, 08:25 PM)
Guess they wanted to make it apparent we shouldn't get our hopes up.
Good 'ol Sega, always looking out for its fans.
RagnarokX
(04-07-2008, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Proven

The tune he's whistling sounds kinda familiar, but I'm not sure if I heard it from a game or a cartoon (and by cartoon I don't mean an anime).

Yeah, I recognize the song too, just not sure where from.
[Nintex]
Banned
(04-07-2008, 08:32 PM)
The legend of Sonic: Twilight Amy... wtf is this shit.
Innotech
Banned
(04-07-2008, 08:45 PM)
Who knows? Could kick ass; could be dangerous; could totally suck.
RagnarokX
(04-07-2008, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by [Nintex]

The legend of Sonic: Twilight Amy... wtf is this shit.

And Amyterasu ;)
Zilch
Banned
(04-07-2008, 08:53 PM)
Pretty sure that youtube vid is fake.

"A new adventure awakens"? What kind of stupid engrish is that?

Funny that every convincing fake is always sold out by the creator's poor grammar.
[Nintex]
Banned
(04-07-2008, 08:54 PM)
I think that SEGA has a real life troll or something...

Someone who enters the Sonic Team office and demands that the game sucks or has some idiotic gameplay or story element.

"Wow guys, this game rocks but you should put in the character that I made: Big the Cat!"

"Woah, this is amazing, but you shouldn't be able to see the emeralds that would rock!"

"Yeah, great job guys, really but you should be able to play with more characters at once and stop every 3 yards!"

"Just like Sonic Adventure, but... seriously remove Sonic he's only cool for twelve year olds and don't forget to give shadow a gun, kids love guns these days..."

"How about we release the beta instead of the full game?"

"Simply stunning, you really outdid yourself but how about we add an level-up system, so Sonic starts out gimped can't do anything and gets more awesome later on!"

"HOLY SHIT... I didn't think you were still capable of making such great games... You know what would really be awesome? A wolf, Sonic should turn into a wolf yeah... so awesome."

It's the only logical explanation for the Sonic Team fuck ups.
Sciz
(04-07-2008, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Zilch

Funny that every convincing fake is always sold out by the creator's poor grammar.

You overestimate Sega's marketing department.
Firestorm
(04-07-2008, 08:56 PM)

:lol
:(
Death_Born
Banned
(04-07-2008, 08:58 PM)
This could be fake, for a few reasons

1) "A New Adventure Awakens" is bad grammar

2) Rings are waaay bigger than the size of Sonic's wrist

Of course, the 3D animation is great, so who knows. Maybe the marketers need to play some of those "Learn English" games.
RagnarokX
(04-07-2008, 09:15 PM)

But "A new adventure awakens" could be purposely bad grammar; a mixing "A new adventure awaits" and the concept that Sonic's werewolf state "awakens" at night.
Neo Child
Banned
(04-07-2008, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by RagnarokX

Yeah, I recognize the song too, just not sure where from.

Sounds like Angel Island Zone music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-d-AM0gCM

Wait till about 15 seconds...
ckohler
(04-07-2008, 09:19 PM)
It's official. There's a Sonic Unleashed forum on Sega's website. The forum's administrator (SegaDawg) is a Sega employee who moderates the forum and deseminates information. He's linked to the video in several places in order to promote it.
Haunted
(04-07-2008, 09:26 PM)
Oh God, Sega. That new teaser, it just... :lol

;_;
Firestorm
(04-07-2008, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Neo Child

Damn. Good ear =o I've heard it a million times and didn't notice it, only that it was familiar.
Sega's recognizing the old games. Hope arises again?
Sciz
(04-07-2008, 09:54 PM)

They're similar, but I'd stop short of saying that's what it is. Mostly because that isn't how I whistle AIZ.

But I can't object to the series referencing past zones other than GHZ, so I win either way.
The Hermit
(04-07-2008, 09:55 PM)

Originally Posted by [Nintex]

I think that SEGA has a real life troll or something...

Someone who enters the Sonic Team office and demands that the game sucks or has some idiotic gameplay or story element.

"Wow guys, this game rocks but you should put in the character that I made: Big the Cat!"

"Woah, this is amazing, but you shouldn't be able to see the emeralds that would rock!"

"Yeah, great job guys, really but you should be able to play with more characters at once and stop every 3 yards!"

"Just like Sonic Adventure, but... seriously remove Sonic he's only cool for twelve year olds and don't forget to give shadow a gun, kids love guns these days..."

"Simply stunning, you really outdid yourself but how about we add an level-up system, so Sonic starts out gimped can't do anything and gets more awesome later on!"

"HOLY SHIT... I didn't think you were still capable of making such great games... You know what would really be awesome? A wolf, Sonic should turn into a wolf yeah... so awesome."

It's the only logical explanation for the Sonic Team fuck ups.

:lol :lol

Anyway:

[IMG]http://i30.************/2ymwrro.jpg[/IMG]
FoxSpirit
(04-07-2008, 09:57 PM)

True... but... well, we'll have to wait ne see.
RagnarokX
(04-07-2008, 09:59 PM)

Nope, that's not it. I don't think it's a Sonic song. I can hear in my head what the notes after he stops whistling should be, I just can't remember the song's name or where it's from.
TreIII
(04-07-2008, 10:02 PM)
*sigh*

It begins (again)...
Dwayne
(04-07-2008, 10:06 PM)
Give them a chance, Sonic can have other enemies besides Robotnik...
RagnarokX
(04-07-2008, 10:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Dwayne

I think Sonic having other enemies besides Robotnik has been part of the problem... Chaos, Biolizard, Metal Overlord, Dark Doom, Solaris, Erazor Djinn. Why can't we just go back to Robotnik trying to steal the chaos emeralds/master emerald and Sonic having to stop him. Make the badniks look like animals and have animals pop out when you destroy them. Have an animal cage after the boss of a level.
Neo Child
Banned
(04-07-2008, 10:23 PM)

Nope, that's not it. I don't think it's a Sonic song. I can hear in my head what the notes after he stops whistling should be, I just can't remember the song's name or where it's from.

I was grasping at straws - its the only sonic song that sounds similar.

But I do know that tune somewhere... god dammit can't wait till someone points it out.
Kleegamefan
K. LEE GAIDEN
(04-07-2008, 10:24 PM)
Hoooooolllllleeeee SHITSBALLZ....

Just saw this and @_@

Looks and Sounds AMAZING

DO WANT
Proven
(04-07-2008, 10:26 PM)

I'm with RagnarokX on this one. The two melodies sound very similar, and could both be based off the same song, but I'm sure that the whistling isn't from Angel Island Zone.
gwiz210
(04-07-2008, 11:07 PM)

The song he whistles is this
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(04-07-2008, 11:36 PM)
My faith is still pretty high on this one...

In other news:

[IMG]http://i32.************/2vd0bbs.jpg[/IMG]
Scribble
it's probably crabs and fleas
(04-07-2008, 11:39 PM)
Ugh, what is it about Sonic-Cult that creeps the heck out of me?
Maztorre
(04-07-2008, 11:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Dwayne

Just how many chances do Sonic Team need?
plank
(04-07-2008, 11:46 PM)
Why did people thought this teaser was fake?
RagnarokX
(04-07-2008, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Scribble

Ugh, what is it about Sonic-Cult that creeps the heck out of me?

Their various banners including several of Cream in provocative poses, Amy sitting spread-legged with a cigarette, and Tails in a sailor school girl uniform?
Zilch
Banned
(04-07-2008, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by plank

Why did people thought this teaser was fake?

Are you cleverly using bad grammar to suggest that the bad grammar in the teaser clearly gives it away as a hoax or is this some sort of cosmic coincidence?
plank
(04-07-2008, 11:52 PM)

Are you cleverly using bad grammar to suggest that the bad grammar in the teaser clearly gives it away as a hoax or is this some sort of cosmic coincidence?

Um.... no? :|
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(04-08-2008, 12:14 AM)

Well, like I said on the first page, at least this time the Sonic fans will get to play a game that looks nice.
The-Switcher
Banned
(04-08-2008, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Innotech

Who knows? Could kick ass; could be dangerous; could totally suck.

So for those of you holding your controllers out there? Just hold the forward button on your d-pad already! Let the disappointment begin!
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(04-08-2008, 12:20 AM)
Still though no one really knows how Were-Sonic will play anyway. Might play just like normal Sonic except having some sort of ability to break through objects or something.

Though, they should've just stuck to Super Sonic and Dark Spine Sonic as the two alternate forms. They're trying to go TOO DBZ with Super Sonic and Oozaru Sonic...
grandjedi6
Master of the Google Search
(04-08-2008, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Baiano19

:lol :lol

Anyway:

[IMG]http://i30.************/2ymwrro.jpg[/IMG]

so true :lol
Hunahan
Banned
(04-08-2008, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Proven

First thing I thought of is this slowed down. (first chorus at :24)

Although that really doesn't make sense. :lol

Either way, the Werewolf is the beginning of the end for hopes that this will actually be a decent game, imo. RIP Sonic hype.
Wizpig
(04-08-2008, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Hunahan

the Werewolf is the beginning of the end for hopes that this will actually be a decent game, imo. RIP Sonic hype.

No.
D-X
(04-08-2008, 01:04 AM)

I think Sonic having other enemies besides Robotnik has been part of the problem... Chaos, Biolizard, Metal Overlord, Dark Doom, Solaris, Erazor Djinn. Why can't we just go back to Robotnik trying to steal the chaos emeralds/master emerald and Sonic having to stop him. Make the badniks look like animals and have animals pop out when you destroy them. Have an animal cage after the boss of a level.

Chaos was a good idea. Unfortunately they kept on an on overshadowing Robotnik with each subsequent game - I wouldn't mind a next gen fight against him. Erazor really took the piss.

Still don't like this werewolf idea - it really feels like the series has run out of story (however crap they were at least they were original) ideas and is gonna go through literature from now on.
grandjedi6
(04-08-2008, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by jj984jj

Well, like I said on the first page, at least this time the Sonic fans will get to play a game that looks nice.

Waits for horrible framerate and tearing
pizzaguysrevenge
Banned
(04-08-2008, 01:13 AM)
I'm 100% sure that he was whistling Angel Island.

Anyone who disagrees has to be at a level of skepticism so extreme that I have yet to hear about it.
Death_Born
Banned
(04-08-2008, 01:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Hunahan

Either way, the Werewolf is the beginning of the end for hopes that this will actually be a decent game, imo. RIP Sonic hype.

....That was like the first thing they publicized...
Scribble
it's probably crabs and fleas
(04-08-2008, 01:25 AM)

Their various banners including several of Cream in provocative poses, Amy sitting spread-legged with a cigarette, and Tails in a sailor school girl uniform?

Oh, yeah, of course (Especially because a chaos emerald is obscuring Amy's privates). The forum there does feel like some kind of evil, twisted cult, though.

About Were-Sonic:

I would have been more excited if you could tag with Knuckles instead, but the Were-Sonic thing shouldn't be labelled shitty friend alert, as it could add another layer of gameplay.

I hope that "other" layer isn't anything beyond accessing alternate routes when you're Were-Sonic, though.
Christopher
(04-08-2008, 01:27 AM)
I always liked the whole Eggman isn't the real villian idea - always makes the game seem a bit more epic towards the end instead of the same shit again and again.
grandjedi6
(04-08-2008, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Christopher

I always liked the whole Eggman isn't the real villian idea - always makes the game seem a bit more epic towards the end instead of the same shit again and again.

But "Eggman not being the real villain" is the same shit over and over again. Not only is it done in thousands of games, but Sonic games have done that repeatedly
kairu
(04-08-2008, 01:30 AM)
whats going on? a sonic game that looks good and is not sonic 2? I dont understand!
Firestorm
(04-08-2008, 01:32 AM)
http://www.2pstart.com/2008/03/26/wheel-of-fate/

[IMG]http://i26.************/345exro.jpg[/IMG]