• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 surpasses 6 million units sold as of March 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still pretty confident PS4 will do about 700-800k globally this month. I think we're past the point of a million a month at least until Nov-Dec holiday season, or Destiny month if it has massive hype behind it.

maybe they want to get extra sales.

It's a new IP released in March on 2 platforms [soon to be 3]. It's day one numbers were never going to be high enough to compare to things like COD or Halo 3/Gears that were launched in November

Still I would've thought we'd get a bit more PR from MS/EA about it by now

DBT85

I'm still pretty confident PS4 will do about 700-800k globally this month. I think we're past the point of a million a month at least until Nov-Dec holiday season, or Destiny month if it has massive hype behind it.

So despite having Infamous and MGS out this month you think sales will drop off compared to last month, where it was sold out worldwide?

As much as I would like to believe I was right and PS4 wins March, I never could of expected what is happening.

1. Xbox has more stock
2. $100 off with free Forza
3. $70 off with free Titanfall and free month of gold

Free publicity on slickdeals, cheapassgamer, and more.

The price drops combined with free game will have a HUGE impact. If they don't, it is over.

And you forgot about the Major Nelson comes over to your house and makes you dinner on the weekends for free coupon.

Last month did have a Japanese launch, which spiked the sales quite a bit.

As well as having 2 weeks of Chinese new year starting January 31st which would stop Chinese production for those 2 weeks

Supply available in February was not standard production allocation by any means

Not that it's saying much since Titanfall is also in a system bundle, but Infamous SS just passed it on Amazon.com for March sales.

(Note the Titanfall Xbox bundle isn't too far behind at number 10 for the month)

spookyfish

I really believe if TF was selling so well we would have already heard Microsoft shouting about it.

This. Where's the press release stating specifically how many sold/how many are online playing? If it were earth-shattering numbers, it would have been released by now. Companies don't "save" that stuff for a month or more.

Not that it's saying much since Titanfall is also in a system bundle, but Infamous SS just passed it on Amazon.com for March sales.

(Note the Titanfall Xbox bundle isn't too far behind at number 10 for the month)

I had been watching for that. It's a good sign. Shows that TF won for pre-orders overall but Infamous did well around release.

It also updated from 13th to 10th on the 2014 year list. Titanfall is now the only game beating it for the year.

I had been watching for that. It's a good sign. Shows that TF won for pre-orders overall but Infamous did well around release.

It also updated from 13th to 10th on the 2014 year list. Titanfall is now the only game beating it for the year.

Well that doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as both games released in March. One has to have outsold the other, it doesn't work both ways haha. Am I missing something or are these Amazon lists completely worthless?

Wow ok. That's one (stupid) way to track it I suppose. Hell I had Titanfall preordered at one point before cancelling. Along with a couple of the Collectors editions. I don't even own an Xbox One.

Yeah, it's terrible for after the fact, but it's good if you're trying to determine how well pre-orders are doing for a specific item.

It makes sense though. If a pre-order is opened and people are snapping it up wildly, they'll want other buyers to see it in the list and pre-order too.

Why have I seen the dual shock 4 consistently in Amazon's top 15 products but the Xbox One controller is way way down the list often near 50.

It seems odd.

impact

Banned
This. Where's the press release stating specifically how many sold/how many are online playing? If it were earth-shattering numbers, it would have been released by now. Companies don't "save" that stuff for a month or more.

I'm hoping for an "x hours of fun have been spent playing TitanFall on the premier entertainment center, Xbox One" statement

cakely

Why have I seen the dual shock 4 consistently in Amazon's top 15 products but the Xbox One controller is way way down the list often near 50.

It seems odd.

The Playstation 4 is also usable as a bluetooth controller on PC (with a third-party utility) so maybe that's helping with sales as well.

Jomjom

Banned

It seems odd.

Also many people (myself included) consider the DS4 to be far superior to the Xbone controller, unlike the previous generation where if you preferred the DS3 to the 360 controller, you were likely nuts.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

It seems odd.

The battery life on the DS4? I do no local MP (or very, very rarely--like once or twice a year) and wanted a second one to be able to just grab and keep gaming if the one I was using died since the battery life is only like 6 hours.

Anyway, PS4 stock seems to be stablilzing finally. The Costco I got my bundle at a couple weeks ago still had 7 or 8 left (or had gotten more in) and Amazon still has them in stock.

casmith07

Wow.

Well, I got my PS4 y'day as well in anticipation of infamous. I have to say, PS4 has no games. Resogun is nice, but otherwise it is a barren wasteland. Strange that so many million ppl are buying.

Warframe
Resogun
AC5
NBA 2K14
Rayman Legends
Tomb Raider
Second Son
Ground Zeroes
Ghosts
Lego Marvel

All worth a purchase IMO

DBT85

As of 20:07 UK time

More than 999 of the standard.
Only 211 of the AC4 bundle
Only 3 of the Infamous bundle - EDIT this is not from Amazon but from a 3rd party.

For reference for Amazon UK.

Its now 22:22 and they have

1 AC4 bundle left.
Still over 999 Standard

They sold 210 in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

EDIt: no they didn't. 205 left. Something odd happened.

pooptest

I know VGC is infamously horribly inaccurate, but if it's anywhere close to being remotely right it seems Titanfall sold just over a million between both platforms with the Xbone selling a whopping 8:1 over the PC version.

VGC is banned from GAF, I know, but there's no other announcements yet, are there?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So then...people buy multiple controllers just to switch them out?

Like I said, I did.

Too much hassle to deal with a long USB cable when the battery dies, vs. just having two controllers to rotate to during marathon sessions.

Coconut

Banned
Is a high number like that good for business? Wouldn't they want steady middle of the road sales over a long period of time?

Kyoufu

I know VGC is infamously horribly inaccurate, but if it's anywhere close to being remotely right it seems Titanfall sold just over a million between both platforms with the Xbone selling a whopping 8:1 over the PC version.

VGC is banned from GAF, I know, but there's no other announcements yet, are there?

This sentence. What the hell.

For reference for Amazon UK.

Its now 22:22 and they have

1 AC4 bundle left.
Still over 999 Standard

They sold 210 in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

wat. No, there are 205 left:

nK8x0As.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom