• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot or artwork of AC:Unity leaked?

1965463_4866950214314flsjn.png

Probable screenshot of AC: Unity appeared on Reddit.
The canonicity of this screenshot strongly stumbles because of the presence of Altair's short dagger on the back of the character. The video from where the screen was taken ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NriQlHzoA4 ) however seems to be removed from Youtube by Ubisoft itself for copyright reasons.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus

looks like fake to me, but Ubi leaks a lot.

PetrCobra

Why did I think Animal Crossing when I saw AC? Oh right - because I just played it this morning, and read the Isabelle in Smash news a few seconds ago.

Anyway, nice picture, I doubt it will look like that but if it will, I'm not complaining.

MayMay

Banned
Everything about that screams "Concept Art" to me. Especially the building in the back and the silhouette of those 2 people.. But I hope the game looks like that!

When stuff like this is 'leaked', it actually means purposely released by the dev team (in this case Ubi) to build hype right?

Abriael

Banned
I agree with the other posters here, it's conceptual art if it is real. Although I'm loving the vibe it gives.

It actually matches what shown on the trailer, that was said to be gameplay. It just seems to have an illustration-ish style/filter to it.

Check it out:

Assassins_Creed_Unity-1.jpg

Looks good. Not sure why everyone was so quick to put down the reveal trailer when it didn't exactly show off anything nextgen consoles can't do. I'd go so far to say that by the end of this gen, that reveal trailer won't even be anything special compared to what we're getting.

sjay1994

Looks good. Not sure why everyone was so quick to put down the reveal trailer when it didn't exactly show off anything nextgen consoles can't do. I'd go so far to say that by the end of this gen, that reveal trailer won't even be anything special compared to what we're getting.

Because people are riding downgrade trains and are being bias to ubisoft because of watch dogs.

Volotaire

It actually matches what shown on the trailer, that was said to be gameplay. It just seems to have an illustration-ish style/filter to it.

Check it out:

Assassins_Creed_Unity-1.jpg

I see what you mean, but it's that 'filter' you describe it as that prevents me from believing it. Given that the screen is from a video, it would explain the look of it.

Glad this isn't being held back by last gen like ACIV was. Finally we'll start to see what next-gen third party games will look like.

Abriael

Banned
I see what you mean, but it's that 'filter' you describe it as that prevents me from believing it. Given that the screen is from a video, it would explain the look of it.

Yep, but ubi said that the video is alpha gameplay.

It's not unlikely that the game will have a postproduction filter that will give it this illustration-ish look, which I actually dig a lot.

This guy keeps looking more and more like Connor but unfortunately, I doubt it's him. Seeing the new pic, it immediately harkened back to pre-assassin garb Connor.

Abriael

Banned
More like a GAF fiasco ;P.

If watch_Dogs comes out and looks as I expect it to look, a lot of people on GAF will have to eat their hats, just like those that alleged that inFAMOUS: Second Son was "downgraded" due to a different lighting condition of a video.

We'll see.

On Demand

Banned
If watch_Dogs comes out and looks as I expect it to look, a lot of people on GAF will have to eat their hats, just like those that alleged that inFAMOUS: Second Son was "downgraded" due to a different lighting condition of a video.

We'll see.

The 2012 demo is not happening.

Alx

Probably artwork, but even if I don't expect the game to look that good, it really makes me want to play it. I wasn't excited by the era, but seeing Paris with those older, narrow streets should be lovely...

Top Bottom