• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#20V1T4

Deadstar

Vita is the best handheld system ever in my opinion. I just need that 64 gb memory stick but don't want to pay over $100 for it.

QP3

I have been away since early this morning. What have I missed other than the Freedom Wars announcement?

impact

Banned
Imagine if Gravity Rush 2 and Phantasy Star Nova gets localised this year 0_0

Pretty sure Sega came out and said they have no intention of localizing Nova.

They won't even localize PSO2 and it's on a much, much more successful platform in the west. Sega might port Sonic 4 to Vita if you're lucky.

legacyzero

Banned
Been playing the CRAP out of my Vita. Mainly for FFX/X-2 HD. I'm REALLY gonna be in it when Minecraft and Rogue Legacy come, though. Also, Starbound.

hohoXD123

The hitlist:
FFX/X-2
Freedom Wars
Hotline Miami 2
Danganronpa 2
Gravity Rush 2 (I'm guessing it's 2014?)
Oreshika
Hyper Light Drifter

Plus we don't know what the whole #jrpgvita thing is going to produce.

Now Sony needs to stop fucking around with the marketing and hardware/memory card prices.

Prelude.

Pretty sure Sega came out and said they have no intention of localizing Nova.
Not exactly. IIRC they asked a random Sega US dude if they had plans for the West basically the day after it got announced at TGS. He obviously said that they didn't have plans yet, it's the standard answer for stuff you don't know/can't talk about.

balohna

I'm buying a Vita soon because I feel like I'll get enough use out of it to justify it, but I still think it's lacking in good exclusives. There are like 2 games I want to play for it that are actually exclusive and that seem good enough to make me want to buy new hardware (Gravity Rush and Tearaway). I'm basically planning on buying other non-exclusive stuff for it instead of other platforms to justify owning it, plus PS+ is pretty cool.

Not that comparisons are really necessary, but right now I still think 3DS is the handheld to own if you can only pick one.

Interfectum

The Vita is such a fantastic gaming device that it should be required ownership for a GAF registration. Any of you who don't have one need to go out and get one asap.

I think we've officially hit Vita thread critical mass

2013 was the year of 3DS and 2014 is the year of Vita.
Seems fair to me.

Nah, the PC still exists. But yeah, 3DS took 2013*, and the Vita is having a pretty good year so far.

If you're like me and blew it by not buying a WiiU last year

Sony really needs to make the Vita 2000 a re-reveal for the system. If they drop memory card prices and start doing some major marketing of the system showing it as the perfect partner for the PS4, in addition to having a great library all its own (and pushing the fact that it's got games for younger audiences as well, like LBP and Nintendogs Vita), I think the system could really start to grow instead of being pushed aside as it is currently.

Listonosh

I fell into the category that picked up my Vita every once in a while, if not every few months. With all these announcements from a few months ago to now, I'm already having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to manage all of these games on my memory card.

Kudos to the Vita. It really turned itself around, and I'm super excited about that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sony really needs to make the Vita 2000 a re-reveal for the system. If they drop memory card prices and start doing some major marketing of the system showing it as the perfect partner for the PS4, in addition to having a great library all its own (and pushing the fact that it's got games for younger audiences as well, like LBP and Nintendogs Vita), I think the system could really start to grow instead of being pushed aside as it is currently.

If Sony are smart they'll do this once Minecraft is released and advertise the shit out of a Vita Minecraft bundle. If Sony don't push a Vita Minecraft bundle hard then they've officially given up on the system entirely.

SubtleTea

They're off chasing Moby Dick in Mobile Land.

But hopefully SE has already greenlit FF12 and Type 0 for HD make overs and are just waiting for the right time to announce them.

Well Agito android/ios exists, noone really knows what that is other than that it's somehow related to Type 0, also FF15 is rumored to have handheld spin offs.

Tobor

Diablo 3 remote played on Vita will be perfection. That plus Rogue Legacy and Minecraft and yeah, my Vita is going to see some serious use this year.

UberTag

This is your best friend now.
vita-64gb-2.jpg
When does his big brother show up?
I need me some 128GB (or higher) storage.

Not that comparisons are really necessary, but right now I still think 3DS is the handheld to own if you can only pick one.
I agree. Unless... you're already paying for PS Plus. Which countless people in this forum are.
It's just an amazing value with all of the Plus games that the 3DS simply can't match.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Vita is the people's #champion. Do you smell what it's cooking?

Outside of Disgaea 4? No. No I don't.

Call me when they finally let me back-up save files without treating me like I'm a criminal.

Interesting.....Ive bought quite a few games because they are cross buy, so hopefully it becomes a thing with PS4/Vita in the coming years

To be honest I don't even mind that much. As long as remote play works well I'm good.

Mercenary Kings is fantastic on Vita with Remote Play. So is FF XIV. I've been playing the shit out of those recently and they aren't even in the Vita line up. Such a killer feature.

Ricker

Dead Nation coming to Vita this week, seems like CrossBuy, not sure.

I played it via remote play and its not the ideal game to play on the Vita...the ennemies are so goddamn small already,it's really hard to tell sometimes on the Vita...

Over My Dead Body 2 news is fantastic! I figured Freedom Fighters would come, so no surprise there, still awesome to have confirmation.

All I need now is Gravity Rush 2 news and I am good. I will take more news obviously, but Gravity Rush 2 is my most anticipated game and it's mot even close. Dat world, dat Kat, dat music...drools.

Its purely my niche japanese/JRPG gaming machine. I don't like western developed games all that much nor do I like indie games so my selection is a little bit smaller. But 2014 has been a solid year so far. I've bought Trigger Happy Havoc, FFX/X-2, and have conception 2 on pre-order.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I personally don't see its success because no games have jumped out at me, where as the 3DS I have Animal Crossing, Mario, Smash, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright. That's just only a handful of what has released so far, where as the Vita to me is purely a Japanese title machine which is far from what I want.

I love the hardware, I played around with one in EB ages and ages ago and it felt glorious. However, the games are just not there, and I don't see that happening anytime in the near future which means no one but the hardcore are going to pay attention to it. You need titles like Animal Crossing, Pokemon or Tomodachi to really push the handheld into market, so that it gets more titles like that, as the public doesn't really have a taste for niche Japanese games.

All in all though, I'm glad its getting games that current users want. I hope everyone has a great time with either handheld and its pretty awesome time to be gaming.

HowZatOZ

Banned
You just listed off a bunch of Japanese games.
Japanese developed but aimed at the Western crowd. Different to what the Vita is currently peddling. Again, all my opinion though and its clear that the audience is there now for what the Vita is, but I personally don't see it getting anywhere without titles that really hit home for the more general user.

That and the price needs to head south a bit more in Australia for me to consider one, I bought a 2DS at nearly half the price with a free game than what it would cost for a Vita and memory card.

Glass Rebel

Yup, 2014 looks fantastic. Shame about SSD being apparently digital-only, which just ensures that I'll never buy it, but I'm looking forward to Freedom Wars, Oreshika and tons of other games.

Tons of devs talking up Vita at PAX this year. Every time I asked about platforms they made sure to make note that they are doing a Vita version.

Over My Dead Body 2 news is fantastic! I figured Freedom Fighters would come, so no surprise there, still awesome to have confirmation.

All I need now is Gravity Rush 2 news and I am good. I will take more news obviously, but Gravity Rush 2 is my most anticipated game and it's mot even close. Dat world, dat Kat, dat music...drools.

Now THAT would have been an announcement.

boingball

I agree that the Vita>PS4 at the moment (heck PS3>PS4). Indie games are much better on the Vita than on the PS4.

2013 had Tearaway though. It will be difficult for the Vita to top that.

Im really tempted to nab an OLED before they're gone. I'm curious as to why up until just recently the 3G/Wi-fi bundle cost more on Amazon. Shouldn't it have been the other way around?

Top Bottom