• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita/ JRPG) announced for western release

RalchAC

I would reckon that Sony would have another presentation during the E3 showing off everything again to the public. Perhaps with concrete release dates also for the titles that are still listed as just 2014.

They have already announced a localization for most stuff they are going to publish in Japan this year. I think they'll talk about it for like 2 minutes, announce Ratchet and Clank Collection and some PSN port, mention Remote Play and PSNow and go to the PS4.

Last year they announced Freedom Wars and Destiny of Spirits some days before their E3 conference. They could do something like this again.

The question is: will we get that rumored Infamous game or not? I'm starting to lose hope :(

It is not. Vic said this today on Gaijinworks forum. "Now that this is finally public, I can praise the decision to bring it over. However, probably as a result of this, we weren't able to license the first one. Tried multiple times and failed."

Oreshika 2 was probably the game that he hinted some months ago here.
What about that PSP RPG localization from them?

Have we heard anything new about that?

randomkid

What about that PSP RPG localization from them?

Have we heard anything new about that?

I think people in that Gaijin forum thread someone linked earlier were speculating that it's Summon Night after Vic ruled out some more options. I thought I remembered Vic saying though that it would be from a fan favorite series and so I don't think Summon Night really squares away with that but who knows, I don't know anything about that franchise to be honest.

My hope that it would be something cool died away when Vic implied it wasn't Tengai Makyou.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think people in that Gaijin forum thread someone linked earlier were speculating that it's Summon Night after Vic ruled out some more options. I thought I remembered Vic saying though that it would be from a fan favorite series and so I don't think Summon Night really squares away with that but who knows, I don't know anything about that franchise to be honest.

My hope that it would be something cool died away when Vic implied it wasn't Tengai Makyou.

They need to bring over the summon night 3 & 4 psp editions. Granted 3 is superior story / character wise 4 is pretty decent too. Great old school SRPG with a fantastic cast / story. The PSP version did some updates over the original PS2 releases also. Only problem is Id imagine the localization work would be insane considering how much text is in the game. Plus if they wanted to do dubbed voices thats a lot of spoken lines too throughout both titles.

Summon Night was my guess as well: http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=94360999&postcount=250

klee123

Awesome news. Day 1

You know, since Sony seem to be keen on reviving their old PSone properties. Although I know that Sony doesn't own the IP, I think Sony should work with Masuda on remaking Linda Cubed.

It's one of the Japan only rpgs which always looked so interesting to me, but never got around playing it.

Parakeetman

Had my attention until I watched the trailer and saw the cat girl. Get that shit outta here.

That most likely has to do with the whole god / goddess system with the game. Just like the previous PSP remake for example had all sorts of odd deities.

It would be a good choice, especially since we never got a mainline game localized.

What ruled out Tengai Makyou?

I know Vic's a fan of Tengai Makyou, but isn't it a straight RPG? He specifically mentioned that the mystery PSP game was in a subgenre. And he also said that the deal was more important than just the one game which implies that there are sequels to be brought over as well and I believe the PSP Tengai Makyou is the most recent game in the series (plus the developer went out of business & their IP was bought by Konami).

With all of these announcements, maybe Sony should take initiative in publishing more Japan-exclusive games and helping with translations.

Suikoden and Trails in the Sky please?

Parakeetman

With all of these announcements, maybe Sony should take initiative in publishing more Japan-exclusive games and helping with translations.

Suikoden and Trails in the Sky please?

Trust me you dont want the last Suikoden game that came out.

The Falcom stuff on the other hand? You have my blessings.

Shouta

Psp release? It was that horrible then? Or just not as good as the first ones?

Just not as good as the first ones and it doesn't really do a lot of the usual Suikoden stuff. It does some cool things though. Story is interesting albeit a bit short and could've been expanded further. I liked the characters for the most part, and a few other things.

Faustek

Just not as good as the first ones and it doesn't really do a lot of the usual Suikoden stuff. It does some cool things though. Story is interesting albeit a bit short and could've been expanded further. I liked the characters for the most part, and a few other things.

It felt pretty halfassed overall. The more positive commentary would be what Shouta said.

Thanks.

Well I'm from school that never finished the ps2 versions. Just didn't feel like I could engage or rather the games didn't give me a reason to :(

But hey, I know a few people loved them so good for them.

jzbluz

Setomeisho! That girl says that all the time.

The walking animation is so weird.
tumblr_n4jyy298kW1rpzkuho1_1280.jpg

You see how she's standing? That's how she runs and walks.

Oh, and when you get close to boulders the top dissapears.
tumblr_n4jyy298kW1rpzkuho2_1280.jpg

I'm playing as a female so apparently my avatar can only marry guys.
tumblr_n4jyy298kW1rpzkuho3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n4jyy298kW1rpzkuho4_1280.jpg

Unless these guys are actually female; they're kinda expensive so I can't have a better look. Anyway, the kid from your union doesn't appear until you have another kid, and you can't make them procreate until they have some more experience.

I'm going to stop playing since I'm a bit lost with all that kanji and the demo has already done its job. I'm definitely getting this game when it gets here.

Shouta

Yeah, those are men. It says Male right next to their name, lol

If you start with a female character, you can only procreate with a male deity up until the next generation of children are of age and ready. If you designate a male character to do so later on, then the female deities become available and etc.

The character you create at the start is subject to the same rules as the rest of the family is though so your char will pass away eventually and you will need to designate a leader for the clan.

zeroshiki

The family head doesn't really even matter other than having your name. You can assign a family head every generation and just let him/her sit there doing nothing.

jzbluz

If you start with a female character, you can only procreate with a male deity up until the next generation of children are of age and ready. If you designate a male character to do so later on, then the female deities become available and etc.

The character you create at the start is subject to the same rules as the rest of the family is though so your char will pass away eventually and you will need to designate a leader for the clan.

I vaguely recognize the character for child in their names, but I really do not understand Japanese so thanks for clearing that up for me.

Do you know what Setomeisho means? I asked my roommate but he had no idea what I was talking about.

So are all the pairings strictly heterosexual?

Since you're mating with deities, I was hoping that there could be come same sex pairings.

Shouta

I vaguely recognize the character for child in their names, but I really do not understand Japanese so thanks for clearing that up for me.

Do you know what Setomeisho means? I asked my roommate but he had no idea what I was talking about.

You're probably hearing setsumeisho which is the instruction manual.

So are all the pairings strictly heterosexual?

Since you're mating with deities, I was hoping that there could be come same sex pairings.

Nah. The first game didn't have much or anything related to the deities themselves so it's a more pragmatic affair than anything.

RangerBAD

Is a demo of this out? Someone is either playing the demo or has a really early copy on twitch. lol

Edit: Saw a post above about demo. Never mind.

Top Bottom