• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

This is a long shot, but anyone here want to swap an EU FFX-2 voucher code for a US FFX-2 voucher code? Damn the shitty account system on the vita; why can't it be exactly like the PS3/4.

Holmes

Damn, I need to oversoul Quadricorn, and it comes in battle with a Nashorn in the Via Infinito, which oversouls first. This might be a bit tricky.

Jolkien

Farming for Luck and Fortune Sphere is incredibly long and painful (that Flare and Ultima spam..) What is the minimum luck needed to clear the Dark Aeons and Penance ?

Farming for Luck and Fortune Sphere is incredibly long and painful (that Flare and Ultima spam..) What is the minimum luck needed to clear the Dark Aeons and Penance ?

You can do it with base luck if you are willing to Zanmato everything except for Dark Yojimbo, who can be defeated with base luck with a minor amount of real-life luck(basically he needs to die each round before you run out of Aeons).

genbatzu

since you need to go for complete sphere grids anyway, I suggest filling it up to have 255 stats (except magic, it's actually more annoying than luck) first, before going for Dark Aeons.

with Wakka + Rikku at 255 capped Def, Atk and stuff you can easily farm Dark Yojinbo for good gear (or just kill him 5 times). 9999HP is enough, Protes and UltraNulAll from Rikku drops Wakizashi dmg to ~7-8k.

till Dark Bahamut (him included) its incredibly easy, but for DB you should've around 120 Luck (I had) and you can achieve 120 luck on 3 characters quite easily.
Bestias/Aeons are just megaflare fodder, never really needed them :/

as for luck/fortune grind: 255'd atk and mdef-wakka + 2 low mdef characters:
Set everyones overdrive to "Comrade" and wakka can use a perfect attack reels all 2-3 turns (dependen on who get hit by Flare). equip both other characters with triple ap/overdrive and overdrive -> ap ability and make sure they get at least 1 turn in the fight.
equip wakka with auto-phoenix.

of course you can just zanmato your way to plat (which sucks imho)

Saphirax

You can do it with base luck if you are willing to Zanmato everything except for Dark Yojimbo, who can be defeated with base luck with a minor amount of real-life luck(basically he needs to die each round before you run out of Aeons).

Having Auto Protect and Defense 20% on gear makes it so you don't have to summon any aeons. You can survive all hits from him except Zanmato. Hasteaga + Aim x5 + Quick Hit = he should die before he gets a chance to Zanmato.

Started doin darks last night and man anima takes way too long, going to zanmato her cause people ain't got time for that lol. Did the same to bahamut on accident got him to low hp and used summons to absorb mega flares, yojimbo zanmato'do eventhough db only had like 3 hits left. Actually first time seeing it lol cool attack

Having Auto Protect and Defense 20% on gear makes it so you don't have to summon any aeons. You can survive all hits from him except Zanmato. Hasteaga + Aim x5 + Quick Hit = he should die before he gets a chance to Zanmato.

If you are going for the base luck/Zanmato everything route of defeating the dark aeons, I don't know why you'd have a high enough defense that even with Auto-Protect + Defense +20% you'd survive Wakisashi, and I don't know why you'd bother with Defense +20% armor at all.

When I defeated Dark Yojimbo with just Auto-Protect that attack was doing ~22k damage per character.

Inotti

Looks great and runs well. Being able to put the games on standby is also a big plus. The only thing is that ffx2hd is a download code so it doesn't come on the cart. Might be an issue if you're getting the physical version.

Though you can buy Asian English version of FFX-2 if you really want it physical. :)

garath

Looks great and runs well. Being able to put the games on standby is also a big plus. The only thing is that ffx2hd is a download code so it doesn't come on the cart. Might be an issue if you're getting the physical version.

What? I wish I knew this. I just bought the game from Amazon. Comes Thursday. I prefer the card because I don't have that much space on my 8 gig. Ugh.

What the heck is the point of buying the card if half the game is download. Lol

edit: and there it is prominently displayed on Amazon's store page. Oh well. I just overlooked it.

I got to the Calm Lands in X, and I tried getting a 0:0:0. This is hard.

Ugh it took me a few hours scattered on a few sessions.

I love side-quests but that one and the 200 lightning dodges are frustrating.

You can get lucky and succeed right away or it can drain a lot of time.

What is a realistic required luck for the dark aeons fights if you don't want to Zanmato them?

Earth Eater blows goats and the less farming of that, the better.

I've read everywhere from 60-70 to 110 to 255, so all of that is hard to reconcile.

If it's 255 I just might do the Zanmato and fill with MDEF.

What is a realistic required luck for the dark aeons fights if you don't want to Zanmato them?

Earth Eater blows goats and the less farming of that, the better.

I've read everywhere from 60-70 to 110 to 255, so all of that is hard to reconcile.

If it's 255 I just might do the Zanmato and fill with MDEF.

230 Luck maxes out everything you'd want luck for, you critical hit everything in the game and only Dark Ixion has an evadable attack you can't evade with "just" 230 luck.

60-70 is probably the bare minimum to have a shot, 110 sounds about right for a "normal" level of luck to beat them. You certainly don't need 230 luck just to win.

Jisgsaw

230 Luck maxes out everything you'd want luck for, you critical hit everything in the game and only Dark Ixion has an evadable attack you can't evade with "just" 230 luck.

60-70 is probably the bare minimum to have a shot, 110 sounds about right for a "normal" level of luck to beat them. You certainly don't need 230 luck just to win.

Speaking of luck: how much does the Luck ability raise it?

For some reason I thought I had read somewhere you needed 255 luck to beat the Dark Aeons and Penance so I spent several days fighting Earth Eater and Greater Sphere and filled out the Sphere Grid and got 255 luck on 4 of my characters before I realised it wasn't needed. It will take a while now to fill out the grid for the other 3 characters.

If I have 4 characters (Auron, Tidus, Yuna, Rikku) with Celestial Weapons, 255 Strength, Defense, Magic Defense and Luck, and Ribbons on two of them and Break HP on two of them, should that be good enough to beat Dark Bahamut, Anima and Penance? I haven't tried yet.

I got to the Calm Lands in X, and I tried getting a 0:0:0. This is hard.

I consider this side quest more frustrating than hard, because it depends too much on luck and on factors that you can't control like the random balloon positioning or how much times the trainer get's hit. Also, the controls are crap.

It took me one hour to achieve 0:0:0. Doing this side quest two times (the first was in the PS2 version) is more than enough.

OmegaDL50

Is this Flan Cooking mini-game in FFX-2 supposed to be an automatic loss no matter how you do it.

Because outside of time sensitive button inputs sometimes not even registering and input lag, I really don't see how this can be done and not result in a "Bad Flan"

I mean what's the point in making it a game to begin with if there is no possible way to win. It's bullshit.

OmegaDL50

Crap, I have to play Blitzball to get Wakka's Celestial weapon?

Think I'll pass.

I've said this before but, Wakka's unlocked world champion is key to getting his attack reels to do maximum amount of damage.

I wouldn't say giving up on the most powerful attack in the game is not worth it. Even considering it can be obtained with as little as 2 or 3 games (just win a tournament), and 25 total for the just the Sigil.

If you have any intentions of fighting any of the optional bosses in the game, you are basically crippling yourself if you give up on Wakka's Attack Reels without the Break Damage Limit and Ignored Defense that his World Champion provides, and thus you would need to resort to using Zanmato for everything else, which means even more hours wasted on Gil farming just to make that strategy even worthwhile to use.

Dare I say you would waste even MORE time trying to farm gil then just play the 25 games to get Wakka's Sigil.

Yes, the Aurochs suck, beating the Goers however does not warrant the reward you get, which is just a bonus cutscene and a power sphere which can be infinitely farmed for later in the game.

However completely replacing all of your team members minus Tidus with certain players makes Blitzball pathetically easy and trivial.

Trying to score with a low level team is worthless and won't achieve much. The first thing to do in Blitzball is to ALWAYS set the controls to manual. Never use Auto for any reason. After you get your hands on the ball simply pass it around to your team mates. Actions = Exp, so the more times you pass the ball the more exp you gain (Especially Tidus to gain his Jecht Shot), simply pass the ball in the first half and don't ever let the opposing team have a chance to handle the ball and level up themselves. This is the key to leveling and eventually overpowering the playing field.

Tidus's Jecht Shot completely ignores any two defending players. So you could have Two Defenders on top of Tidus next to the Goal Keeper. Simply using the Jecht Shot without breaking will nullify the defense and more likely blow through the Goalie as well. Yes abuse that move. It's THAT broken.

Atlantis

If you have any intentions of fighting any of the optional bosses in the game, you are basically crippling yourself if you give up on Wakka's Attack Reels without the Break Damage Limit and Ignored Defense that his World Champion provides, and thus you would need to resort to using Zanmato for everything else, which means even more hours wasted on Gil farming just to make that strategy even worthwhile to use.

This is just completely untrue. Wakka is in no way required for any of the optional bosses, and you certainly don't need to resort to Zanmato if you don't use him

For some reason I thought I had read somewhere you needed 255 luck to beat the Dark Aeons and Penance so I spent several days fighting Earth Eater and Greater Sphere and filled out the Sphere Grid and got 255 luck on 4 of my characters before I realised it wasn't needed. It will take a while now to fill out the grid for the other 3 characters.

If I have 4 characters (Auron, Tidus, Yuna, Rikku) with Celestial Weapons, 255 Strength, Defense, Magic Defense and Luck, and Ribbons on two of them and Break HP on two of them, should that be good enough to beat Dark Bahamut, Anima and Penance? I haven't tried yet.

What's your Agility?

flyover

Crap, I have to play Blitzball to get Wakka's Celestial weapon?

Think I'll pass.

Yeah, same here. OmegaDL50 makes some great points and has good advice. But for some reason, I just don't want to play Blitzball -- at least not right now. Hopefully, I can still beat most of the big bads without it.

I swear I'm going to win that damn chocobo race this time, though.

OmegaDL50

I never said it wasn't required, but it DOES make much more difficult, hence why I use the word crippled

Dark Bahamut, Anima, and Penance even with max Luck and Evasion are still challenging regardless whatever strategy you use to fight them normally, but Attack Reels with entrust certainly does makes things significantly easier.

Atlantis

I never said it wasn't required, but it DOES make much more difficult, hence why I use the word crippled

Dark Bahamut, Anima, and Penance even with max Luck and Evasion are still challenging regardless whatever strategy you use to fight them normally, but Attack Reels with entrust certainly does makes things significantly easier.

You said someone would have to resort to Zanmato without it, sounds pretty 'required' to me.

Max Luck and Evasion aren't even needed and if we're talking Penance, both Rikku and Auron have better Overdrives than Attack Reels.

What's your Agility?
Also 255 for all 4. Your other point answered one of my questions though, I wanted to know if Wakka would be required as I don't want to go for his Celestial Weapon at this point and I don't want to Zanmoto any of the bosses. I am missing Wakka and Kimahri's Celestial Weapons and hoped I could beat all the bosses without them.

krae_man

Yeah, same here. OmegaDL50 makes some great points and has good advice. But for some reason, I just don't want to play Blitzball -- at least not right now. Hopefully, I can still beat most of the big bads without it.

I swear I'm going to win that damn chocobo race this time, though.

I managed to do that. Just do it in 15 minute spirts so you don't lose your sanity.

As for Wakka. I like the TKO ball. I'll just grab a ball with some empty slots and put that in along with limit break.

Edit: Or not. Reading up on how to get limit break. 60 dark matters huh?

Saphirax

If you are going for the base luck/Zanmato everything route of defeating the dark aeons, I don't know why you'd have a high enough defense that even with Auto-Protect + Defense +20% you'd survive Wakisashi, and I don't know why you'd bother with Defense +20% armor at all.

When I defeated Dark Yojimbo with just Auto-Protect that attack was doing ~22k damage per character.

I tried Dark Yojimbo with 20% Defense and without. He would pretty much one shot me without it. Having Auto Protect + 20% Defense made him hit for 7-8k which was survivable.

Atlantis

I tried Dark Yojimbo with 20% Defense and without. He would pretty much one shot me without it. Having Auto Protect + 20% Defense made him hit for 7-8k which was survivable.

What was your Defense?

I believe the point being made is that if you're going in with minimal stat grinding, Wakizashi should be killing your party regardless of your armor because your Defense will be low.

OmegaDL50

Def +20% is similar to Cheer in that it increases your defense even beyond what your defense stat is at, even at 255.

With Auto-Protect, I just used Cheer a couple of times and Wakazashi barely did more then 7000 damage, so similar effect, of course that could be anecdotal, but it did work for me.

--------------------

Anyone know if this Flan cooking minigame in FFX-2 is possible to complete? Or is it just one giant tease letting me think I can win but really it's out of my control?

Any advice would be great.

Saphirax

What was your Defense?

I believe the point being made is that if you're going in with minimal stat grinding, Wakizashi should be killing your party regardless of your armor because your Defense will be low.

Ah, yeah, my defense was 255. Although the poster I quoted before didn't mention anything about having low defense.

ss_lemonade

Just beat X for the first time (I always stopped at the final boss for some reason back on the PS2) and I have some questions about the story.

1. What's the point in summoning aeons in the end? Isn't that what Yu Yevon wants? If Yuna didn't summon anything, then Yu Yevon wouldn't have any aeon to fuse with.
2. If the fayth all just stopped dreaming from the beginning, Tidus would disappear correct? Won't Jecht go away too, and Sin along with him (since he is Sin at the moment)?

Levyne

Banned
Just beat X for the first time (I always stopped at the final boss for some reason back on the PS2) and I have some questions about the story.

1. What's the point in summoning aeons in the end? Isn't that what Yu Yevon wants? If Yuna didn't summon anything, then Yu Yevon wouldn't have any aeon to fuse with.
2. If the fayth all just stopped dreaming from the beginning, Tidus would disappear correct? Won't Jecht go away too, and Sin along with him (since he is Sin at the moment)?

As I understand it.

1.)
Yu Yevon will always find or make an aeon to fuse with. He is at his weakest when he first corrupts them. So effectively you are eliminating his potential hosts.
2.)
Basically Yu Yevon is summoning Sin, and he does what he wants. Yeah I suppose the faith could stop dreaming and then Dream Zanarkand and its inhabitants would cease to be, but at the point Jecht becomes Sin, he is now Yu Yevon's summon. And (or) he could always just grab another non-dream guardian from another summoner.

Luigi87

Slowly getting through maxing grids. Done Tidus and Wakka, and almost done Rikku and Lulu... This. Takes. Forever.

Also ordered a 64GB Vita Memory Card. No space left for a long time on my 16GB, so I couldn't start X-2 if I wanted to.

Ah, yeah, my defense was 255. Although the poster I quoted before didn't mention anything about having low defense.

Uhh...I'm not sure how you can interpret "I don't know why you'd have a high enough defense" as anything other than having a low defense.

My defense when I beat Dark Yojimbo was about 100.

You're more than fine then, especially with Rikku.
:) I tried Dark Bahamut after you said this and beat him third attempt (after giving Rikku stoneproof). Anima and Penance to go.

Funnily enough the most difficult fight for me so far (including Nemesis and the other Dark Aeons) was Neslug, I never seen anyone mention that fight but it was my longest fight by far.

Saphirax

Uhh...I'm not sure how you can interpret "I don't know why you'd have a high enough defense" as anything other than having a low defense.

My defense when I beat Dark Yojimbo was about 100.

Not your post, the person who asked how much Luck was needed to defeat Dark Aeons.

100~ defense? That seems...stressful :D.

Coxy

Finally got my platinum for X, man that was good, I'd begun to forget just how much I loved these games.

hoping with everything I've got that XV is a return to form

Atlantis

Not your post, the person who asked how much Luck was needed to defeat Dark Aeons.

100~ defense? That seems...stressful :D.

Like they said, you just summon an Aeon whenever Yojimbo gets a turn.

Not as stressful as one would think.

:) I tried Dark Bahamut after you said this and beat him third attempt (after giving Rikku stoneproof). Anima and Penance to go.

Funnily enough the most difficult fight for me so far (including Nemesis and the other Dark Aeons) was Neslug, I never seen anyone mention that fight but it was my longest fight by far.

Anima is quite easy, good luck with Penance!

Slowly getting through maxing grids. Done Tidus and Wakka, and almost done Rikku and Lulu... This. Takes. Forever.

Same, man... I'd kill for auto fill in this game haha. Move three spots... use three spheres, move 3 spots... and the nightmare of accidently moving one spot to far and seeing its like 60 levels away... and having to wait for it to slowly travel just to say "no I did not want to move there" ugh!

Saphirax

Like they said, you just summon an Aeon whenever Yojimbo gets a turn.

Not as stressful as one would think.

Anima is quite easy, good luck with Penance!

Personally, I would be due to the possibility of having extreme bad luck (missing attacks, screwing up overdrives) and running out of aeons.

Low chances of that happening, but still.

Top Bottom