• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men: Days of Future Past -- Trailer #3 (Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Rewatched the series the other week, it's amazing how much smaller he is in the first film, and then how massive he got for the later ones.

I think that was due to him being cast relatively late and not having enough time to bulk up before X1. He was still in good shape, but yea he got huge as the series went on.

Minion101

Banned
Rewatched the series the other week, it's amazing how much smaller he is in the first film, and then how massive he got for the later ones.

He was always intimidated by the character after seeing him the first time. In the extras I love when he said "What is the first thing you think of when you see this character? Straight to the gym right?" He had no idea how much of a massive fan favorite the character was till after the movie (due to Singer's recommendation).

G-Fex

Don't get me wrong, I like Wolverine. And I really love how Hugh Jackman loves the Wolverine character and wants him to be awesome and in awesome things too. Its really refreshing to see a celebrity care.

But geez, that trailer.

Wolverine was in like every f**king scene. Is this a sequel to First Class or a sequel to one of Wolverine's other 5 movies?

Same, Hugh Jackman is great. It's not subtle that Singer loves using him in the x-men movies as the main character like marvel does.

Maybe this will be his last x-men flick.
Doubtful though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think that was due to him being cast relatively late and not having enough time to bulk up before X1. He was still in good shape, but yea he got huge as the series went on.
mutant-strength-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout-plan_a.jpg

It's pretty crazy, haha.

kai3345

Banned
as much as i think the series has become wolverine overkill, I do think its super rad how much jackman enjoys playing the character

Dead Man

Yeah, didn't mean to day he looked bad or anything, just the change was so dramatic when marathoning the movies compared to watching as they released.

He was always intimidated by the character after seeing him the first time. In the extras I love when he said "What is the first thing you think of when you see this character? Straight to the gym right?" He had no idea how much of a massive fan favorite the character was till after the movie (due to Singer's recommendation).

Yeah, it would have been intimidating as hell.

mutant-strength-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout-plan_a.jpg

It's pretty crazy, haha.

In some ways I like small Wolverine better. But buff Wolverine does look fucking amazing.

Spinluck

Yeah Jackman is one of the Hollywood nice guys. He's nothing like Wolverine, which makes it more awesome. He's pretty committed to the character, even in crap movies (X3, Origins).

inm8num2

Yeah, didn't mean to day he looked bad or anything, just the change was so dramatic when marathoning the movies compared to watching as they released.

Oh no worries, you didn't come across as implying anything like that at all. I just meant to provide a little backstory I remembered reading/seeing somewhere before.

Just looking at the pictures above, he looks so much leaner/thinner in X1. It's incredible how dedicated Jackman has been to the role for 15 years now.

Dead Man

So he was 32 in X1, I'm 37, maybe there is still time LOL

Oh no worries, you didn't come across as implying anything like that at all. I just meant to provide a little backstory I remembered reading/seeing somewhere before.

Just looking at the pictures above, he looks so much leaner/thinner in X1. It's incredible how dedicated Jackman has been to the role for 15 years now.

:)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I have never seen a single X-Man movie. Weird how I've managed to completely avoid them.

I mean, shit, I watched Generation X.

Earth-11052.jpg

X-Men Evolution was the superior series.
I don't know about "superior" but as someone who rewatched both and Wolverine and the X-Men in the last 2 weeks,

90's has this weird goofy feeling about it somehow, just hard to explain.
it also feels like 10 years older than BTAS even which was around the same time, aged really bad.
A lot I still liked about it though.

Evolution wasn't as great as I remembered but characters like Rogue aren't as bad as I remember either.
probably my favorite all around, that version of Wolverine is definitely still my favorite.

Macmanus

Yeah Jackman is one of the Hollywood nice guys. He's nothing like Wolverine, which makes it more awesome. He's pretty committed to the character, even in crap movies (X3, Origins).

Little kids love you and you get fat checks for being a franchise face. It's like being a rock star without the chemical imbalance and emotional toil. What's not to love?

JJD

Man I don't really like Cyclops but what they did to him in the movies is borderline offensive to any X-men fan.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Little kids love you and you get fat checks for being a franchise face. It's like being a rock star without the chemical imbalance and emotional toil. What's not to love?

Plus, you get to act like your favorite character, just like you did on the playground :D

Effect

as much as i think the series has become wolverine overkill, I do think its super rad how much jackman enjoys playing the character

The dedication and work put into the role actually makes me enjoy watching him play the character that much more. He's setting the bar high for whoever ends up replacing him in the role when he finally stops.

Saw this on reddit

"[–]caligoacheron 231 points 1 day ago
The whole notion of Darwin in the First Class never made sense. If he adapts to survive why was he black during the 50s?"

/dead

Tugatrix

There's a thing in the trailer that need to be explained in the movie or now if someone can explain me. How is Xavier walking ?

Platy

^

"When will these people learn how to fly?"

There's a thing in the trailer that need to be explained in the movie or now if someone can explain me. How is Xavier walking ?

My theory (that I already explained in the first images) is that he is walking because of telepathy because of the whole "look human" for first class is still in full effect.

He will then learn that his powers become too weak when he is using part for staying up and decides to "fuck this shit" and use a wheelchair

Tugatrix

^

"When will these people learn how to fly?"

My theory (that I already explained in the first images) is that he is walking because of telepathy because of the whole "look human" for first class is still in full effect.

He will then learn that his powers become too weak when he is using part for staying up and decides to "fuck this shit" and use a wheelchair

make sense, still was a bit strange

Beth Cyra

Besides Collosus' face looking a little weird, that's a great poster.

Really love this poster.

The dual Xaviers/Mags in the middle make it just perfect. Got to say, this will probably be my last X movie. I started for Wolverine, but I fell in love with Xavier/Mags and as good as the new they could possibly be, they just can't replace Patrick and Ian.

the 70s scenes are looking spectacular

the present day not so much

its kinda uncomfortable having a really good quality and a mediocre one in the same movie

chris nolan can learn a thing or two about stadium destruction from this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom