• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Skyrim: Modded Edition

jamsy

I played a few hours of Skyrim on my old Sony 13" laptop and I kinda liked it. The music was nice. But I only got a few hours in. I got to that one town on a cliff where you do a quest that takes place in your imagination or something?

How long is the actual game if you mostly stick to the story quests? I've been wanting to reinstall and give it another go, this time with some of these mods to make it all purty.

Is thera a step by step guide to modding Skyrim out there? Steam mods make it look easy but it seems the best mods are not on Steam Wokrshop.

Nice timing, I just re-installed Skyrim yesterday to finally get around to trying the DLC.

Maybe someone can make a recommendation, I've never really used the mods before: I'm looking for something that makes the dungeons dark. Like dark. I want to have to use a torch when not near an already lit light source. I've always felt the dungeons were practically as bright as outdoor areas, even when they were supposed to be isolated caves.

rashbeep

Banned
ib0WzllrfDwZ5R.jpg

ibyxnxAlyj1yUK.jpg

iF3pMmRXWYBo8.jpg

ib2wXVQvcMjV22.jpg

ENB is a godsend for us graphic whores.

Nice timing, I just re-installed Skyrim yesterday to finally get around to trying the DLC.

Maybe someone can make a recommendation, I've never really used the mods before: I'm looking for something that makes the dungeons dark. Like dark. I want to have to use a torch when not near an already lit light source. I've always felt the dungeons were practically as bright as outdoor areas, even when they were supposed to be isolated caves.
There's litterly a mod called darker dungeons, that plus an ENB makes dungeons dangerous and I love it. Also make sure to get the mod that requires NPCs to use torches so puts them on equal footing.

Karak

You tell me.

The added view distance does make the game easier and it kinda ruins the joy of exploration in a lot of ways, but for a second playthrough with a bunch of other mods to tweak the aging gameplay a bit, it's like a completely new game.
Oblivion is also absolutely worth going back to for mods. If only for the ones that tweak the level scaling to make it not crap, or even better, totally ditch the leveling system and replace it with classic XP based progression.
You know what, I'm re-installing Oblivion. Thanks for ruining my week-end, OP.
Now is that Morrowwind modded or Oblivion with Morrowind in it, or Skyrim with Morrowind in it? I am not sure.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After sinking multiple hundreds of hours on the Xbox 360 version of this game I started playing it on PC and fooling around with mods. It's like I'm not even playing the same game.

Why does it take modders and not the developers themselves to make games look like this?

Dries

So I checked that Reddit list with must-see mods and some are really awesome! Currently, I'm rocking about 60 mods and it is the most amazing thing ever!! What a difference is made looking back at vanilla Skyrim. Also, Nexus Mod Manager is amazing as well. Damn, this is just too awesome!

Top Bottom