• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skywind (Morrowind overhaul in Skyrim engine) Trailer 2

BigDug13

Things like this are the real reason why PC gaming is the best. It has nothing to do with resolutions or framerates or shit like that. It's this kind of stuff.

Well, I might as well ask here. Does Morrowblivion contain the entire main storyline and all "cutscenes?" Second question, does it play nice with Oblivion texture mods (I understand the Morrowind areas won't have the better textures, but I just want it to work).

Mesoian

Is this the same people that are working on Beyond Skyrim?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRWN2Emgbw

I believe they're different. Beyond Skyrim is a mod that lets you go to other realms within the skyrim timeline, while Skywind is a Total Conversion (how long has it been since you've gotten to say that about anything) of Morrowind using the Skyrim Engine.

Both projects are super interesting and super ambitious though. I'm really eager to jump into both of them.

rjinaz

Wow it's amazing how much work they are putting into this. It looks great. Maybe Bethesda will notice. I'd love an official Morrowind HD remake and it looks like a lot of the work is being done for them.

Woorloog

Banned
How is this free?

Made by modders, they cannot ask for payment, legally, or by the usual modding etiquette. And they do use stuff from Morrowind that makes the mod actually break the TOS, like the heightmaps from Morrowind.esm, which has lead the mod to be banned in the Bethesda forums, just like Morroblivion. At least it was when i last checked.

icy_eagle

This has me nervous. The video made it sound more like a fan attempt to update the entire package instead of just the visuals which is what I was really hoping for. Could be great, but so many developers being online volunteers building their own stuff instead of just updating older stuff sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Hoping for the best.

Yeah, not really interested in some other people's 'take' on morrowind. I'd rather that be a separate project / mod, keep the game as 1:1 as the difference in engines allow.

Regardless, this looks absolutely amazing and props to all those who've lent their hand to this.

Edit: having said that, and at the risk of sounding a bit hypocritical, I'm glad they're doing something about the landscape, because morrowind's was designed around short draw distance and looks pretty bad if you disable it through mods. Stuff like the added subterranean caves the narrator mentioned I don't feel so hot about.

bengraven

God damn I didn't realize the scope they were doing porting this.

Looks incredible - a few niggles here and there over some of the designs, but the rest look so fucking good. I can't wait to walk the Bitter coast and it actually feel like a swampy fungal jungle like the video shows.

Need a videocard stat.

Top Bottom