• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengatron

after seeing all you cool guys comparing your ghom kill times yesterday i decided to do it.

8 seconds on torment 3. not bad. i need more damage.

Kyoufu

Join the community rift it forward. Someone calls out their run, request invite, kill boss, open up next rift for them, leave.

I may do this later since I need blood shards for a Cindercoat that Kadala will never give me.

Then again I need to just run full rifts for set pieces too.

Every since Danetta's Revenga, every single legendary bow my demon hunter has dropped has been 2-handed..

So glad there are so many pointless legendary items to dilute the pool and make the worthwhile ones even more rare.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just got an almost perfect Cindercoat with 3 sockets

..............but i'm a lightning barb.

Rokam

Except both crusader fire skills/runes are bugged (sweep and bs) and don't apply the +fire.

Punish & Falling Sword both have fire runes as well. And where are you seeing BS not applying +fire? See no posts about it, except the legendary shield being bugged and bouncing enough times.

New look.

qVIk19o.png

Boogdud

Punish & Falling Sword both have fire runes as well. And where are you seeing BS not applying +fire? See no posts about it.

There have been quite a few posts about it on the official forums but I haven't tested it myself since I don't have any fire gear on my crusader. But looking now it looks like people are saying the combust rune just explodes randomly throwing people off. So it's likely not bugged, so I guess it's just blazing sweep.

Rokam

There have been quite a few posts about it on the official forums but I haven't tested it myself since I don't have any fire gear on my crusader. But looking now it looks like people are saying the combust rune just explodes randomly throwing people off. So it's likely not bugged, so I guess it's just blazing sweep.

Good good, about to hit 70 was going to go the fire build with BS. Had me worried.

The Cowboy

Join the community rift it forward. Someone calls out their run, request invite, kill boss, open up next rift for them, leave.
Joined this today, its really quite great.
-
Kadala is kicking my ass today, i am trying to get a leg head item for my Wizard and just spent 500 shards in 1 go and not even a shit leg let alone a good one. She's always so kind to my Which Doctor, she seems to hate my Wizard :D.

Macattk15

Except both crusader fire skills/runes are bugged (sweep and bs) and don't apply the +fire.

Any proof to this? I seem to do more damage with Sweep using my Andariel's with 15% fire damage than using a higher damage (1.5% on the sheet) helm without +fire% damage.

Using Sweep:
~1.1M regular hits without Andariel's.

~1.4M with.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Male witch doctors look so damn ridiculous. Why did they go with that posture?

Nete

Seems RNGesus has read my rant on set drops, as I've just looted one crusader set piece. One of the two I already have. A *much* worse version of it. One must love the trolling side of this game :D

Male witch doctors look so damn ridiculous. Why did they go with that posture?

I had this long written essay on the real views of witch doctors from both various tribes within Africa and witch doctors from Louisiana versus the long standing stereotype as well as hollywood's horrendous take on them and which Blizzard decided to go with. But then I figured, what's the point?

The Cowboy

Seems kadala heard my moan and graced me with this just now (not the greatest int roll, but better than no mirror ball at all :D).
What would be best to re-roll - the area damage or the reduce cooldown? . Edit, recon I'll re-roll the area damage, my build is all AOE attacks and as such the area damage is not needed..

Woah is this confirmed? I never felt the need to use the other runes with my maximus so I never noticed a difference in damage. Guess I should be using blessed hammer until they fix it.

eek5

Seems kadala heard my moan and graced me with this just now (not the greatest int roll, but better than no mirror ball at all :D).

What would be best to re-roll - the area damage or the reduce cooldown? . Edit, recon I'll re-roll the area damage, my build is all AOE attacks and as such the area damage is not needed..

I'd reroll area but area works on AOE attacks as well so it would do extra aoe dmg to targets around. Food for thought

(i'd still reroll it)

TTOOLL

people already talked about it like a million times but since I started RoS just a few days ago I must say.......dayum the gem prices are insane.

The Cowboy

Not that it bothers me to much, but i rolled the area damage away. Stupidly i didn't even think that I'd chance my build for the magic missiles and change to ranged (i was playing a close range fire setup) and that I'd change from 2 cool down attacks (BH and EB) to just 1 (BH).

Ahh well, having BH on a shorter CD is still good :D.

Totakeke

Oh thanks Kadala.

Still, only Fires of Heaven seem to be the rune that doesn't suck. The others are underwhelming because they're only good for trash. Now I'm not sure if I even want a Eberli Charo since the rays don't stack.

Edit: The other Heaven's Fury runes aside from Fires of Heaven also doesn't seem to work with Judgment - Resolved. Odd.

Tarazet

I'm getting closer to 1 million profile DPS on my Monk. It has been a really hard target to hit without using my legacy Inna's. The main thing holding me back is that I can't get good legendary jewelry for the life of me, and I don't have pants that have both decent EHP and two sockets.. but most of my other stuff is solid. I got a Hellcat's today which helped quite a bit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

Skunkers

Finally got a Shard Of Hate, but it has no socket, and Myriam is being a ferocious bitch and not rolling one for me, so I'm outta souls. This fucking game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What are some popular builds for Demon Hunters? I've been leveling one up today, and while I'm still in my 50s, I want to see what's considered good for the class.

Dahbomb

FYI area damage benefits AOE skills as well (sometimes even more so).

I would roll the CDR on that Source.

Every since Danetta's Revenga, every single legendary bow my demon hunter has dropped has been 2-handed..

So glad there are so many pointless legendary items to dilute the pool and make the worthwhile ones even more rare.
If you are using the standard Cluster Arrow build then a XBow like Manticore is way better. Manticore comes with Dex, socket and CHD standard... you can always roll the damage higher.

I just got one today and I was using a Danetta before. Big boost for me (even if it was like a 0.5% drop due to attack speed difference). Using it with Archfiend Quiver which has the bonus to Elite damage.

huxley00

Just got an almost perfect Cindercoat with 3 sockets

..............but i'm a lightning barb.
I was a lightning barb until my cinder coat drop today. I had a Maximus stored away, took that our, got my Reapers Wrath mats, equipped that and now I'm a fire barb doing more damage and actually having quite a bit of fun...

Zaptruder

Banned

I've sharded a 2 missile mirror ball...

because the game dropped one that was a complete upgrade for me. More crit, more int, more vit. Also managed to roll 4APOC off +skill dmg% (that i wasn't using) in one go.

And I don't even use it anymore, because now I'm going in with a shield and just tanking everything to hell :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cluster arrow LRB pretty much seems to be defacto everyone uses

Interesting. I've been using Rapid Fire as my spender, but it's starting to suck as I get higher in levels. Will definitely check out Cluster Arrow.

Boogdud

Woah is this confirmed? I never felt the need to use the other runes with my maximus so I never noticed a difference in damage. Guess I should be using blessed hammer until they fix it.

I'd wait for an official response before buying into the hype. People are posting both ways right now. I don't have any gear to test it myself but some folks here are saying it's working just fine.

TheYanger

This is the highest dps I've seen drop, no primary, but would it be worth rolling for socket and using anyways?

Not likely. Warmonger is ALWAYS ~3k dps for some reason. I think it has an extra damage roll baked in or something but I haven't checked the official site to be sure. Either way, it also won't ever roll with primary + socket, so I'm fairly sure there's another baked in primary lurkign there and it makes it fairly poopy. Like, a decent 2500 dps 2h on a crusader will easily best it, and on anyone else a 2h is just not worth it anyway.

EDIT: yup

Primary

+26–30% Damage

One of 2 Magic Properties (varies)

+380–607 Life per Hit

+691–1561 Life per Hit

+(732–894)–(877–1111) Damage

+66–316 Minimum Damage

+88–411 Maximum Damage

Increases Attack Speed by 5%

Increases Attack Speed by 4–5%

+2 Random Magic Properties

You can NEVER get a good warmonger. Total cocktease of a weapon.

nbraun80

Not likely. Warmonger is ALWAYS ~3k dps for some reason. I think it has an extra damage roll baked in or something but I haven't checked the official site to be sure. Either way, it also won't ever roll with primary + socket, so I'm fairly sure there's another baked in primary lurkign there and it makes it fairly poopy. Like, a decent 2500 dps 2h on a crusader will easily best it, and on anyone else a 2h is just not worth it anyway.

EDIT: yup

Primary

+26–30% Damage

+380–607 Life per Hit

+691–1561 Life per Hit

+(732–894)–(877–1111) Damage

+66–316 Minimum Damage

+88–411 Maximum Damage

Increases Attack Speed by 5%

Increases Attack Speed by 4–5%

+2 Random Magic Properties

You can NEVER get a good warmonger. Total cocktease of a weapon.

ha lame, looked kinda cool, but thanks for the info. Forgotten soul it is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom