• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dragon
(04-22-2014, 01:39 AM)
Did Sony improve the emulator for PSP and PS1 games on the Vita in the last update and just didn't update the backend until now? Seems really really strange.
Rojo

Originally Posted by co1onel

Yes, I just finished download it and it's working 100%

Mother of God praise vita gods
co1onel
Darn it I didn't even know there was a limit on how many things you can set to download at once. I've never tried downloading so many things.
shidoshi
GameFan alumnus
ganguro preacher

Originally Posted by fernoca

Has anyone been able to play anything?

Stuff been allowed to download doesn't mean it works. Similar glitches has appeared in the past.

HamPster PamPster
(04-22-2014, 01:40 AM)
Years of waiting paid off - I am downloading Brave Story (the delisted psp game from game republic) right now on to my vita :)
eddfromtheriver
Banned
(04-22-2014, 01:40 AM)
Aww yiss!!!... Crash Bandicoot with analogue movement!!!
co1onel
(04-22-2014, 01:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Dragon

Did Sony improve the emulator for PSP and PS1 games on the Vita in the last update and just didn't update the backend until now? Seems really really strange.

The emulator didn't need improving. These games always worked, its just that they weren't available due to licensing issues. Most companies didn't bother updating the license for the Vita store because they didn't find it worth their time and money.
jsnepo

Yes, I just finished download it and it's working 100%

Thanks my man! Great news.
Dragon

The emulator didn't need improving. These games always worked, its just that they weren't available due to licensing issues. Most companies didn't bother updating the license for the Vita store because they didn't find it worth their time and money.

Ah okay. Yeah that makes more sense, although you never know :P
fernoca
(04-22-2014, 01:42 AM)

Originally Posted by HypnoDarkrai

I've played Crash 3: Warped

Originally Posted by APKmetsfan

I played CTR. I'm not sure if that used to not be playable.

Originally Posted by Sophia

Played Crash 3, Spyro, and currently playing Phantasy Star Portable 2. It works. This is no glitch.

Awesome!
Hopefully it still works when I get back from work at 2AM. Heck, hopefully it's permanent.
Vashetti
Based in the UK so they've always worked on my Vita, but I know this is a legit megaton for others.

Enjoy!
H3XAntiStyle
Motherfucking finally. Time to actually buy the damn games.

OH WAIT NEVERMIND I BET THAT SALE IS OVER.
heckmanimation
(04-22-2014, 01:43 AM)
why don't people want a vita again?!
Camjo-Z
Wow, now I'm glad I decided to grab all the Crash and Spyro games in that flash sale. I was going to play them later once I could use my PS3 again, but this is way better.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz

Originally Posted by Sandfox

That sucks for people who had no plans on playing the games on those platforms for various reasons.

It was obvious that SCEA would eventually add Vita support to those games considering all the other regions already had it.

Better luck next time.
CaptainTiptop
(04-22-2014, 01:44 AM)

Originally Posted by shidoshi

Godaaammmmnnn.

So annoyed I don't have PSP2 on my downloads list. I don't even know if it was on EU PSN or if EU PSN is gonna get the same treatment anyway.
KalBalboa
This goes to show how good PS+ is:

I have all the Crash & Spyro games for free thanks to PS+ (aside from Crash 1, which I bought back when it first hit PSN).
SPE
Wait a god damn minute.

Did someone say that Pac-Man CE is now working?

And if all PS1 games are working, can I finally play R-Types and R-Type Delta on my Vita? I know they're delisted, but I have the install bubbles sat on my PS3 just incase they ever got enabled on the Vita. Or can I just grab them from my download list?
Freeman
Nintendo announces every virtual console game one by one, Sony unloads everything hoping no one will see and make a a $0.99 promotion hours before just for the lulz.
vagabondarts
(04-22-2014, 01:45 AM)
This is huge. Playing Arctic Edge on the Vita.
Garraboa
GFDGJADSHYFYDYFUIADSGTFYIADSGFUIDSAGIADSFIDSIASF

My Vita comes out of its dungeon to be played and enjoyed with once more :D

#2V1T4 (whatever) bandwagon, here I come!
Last edited by Garraboa; 04-22-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Flandy
For fucks sake Sony. I decided to not buy them during the sale because I couldn't play them on my Vita :l
WildEagle18
(04-22-2014, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

We're reaching critical mass here folks. Consider me your test subject....

If Jeanne D'Arc works. I take back every bad thing I said to my Vita.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
Touch based manuals, this is no accident.

mothball
Good thing I bought them in anticipation of them being playable on the Vita one day.

I also hope all this other PSP stuff becoming playable isn't a mistake; this is how it should've been since day one.
shidoshi
GameFan alumnus
ganguro preacher
(04-22-2014, 01:47 AM)

Originally Posted by SPE

Wait a god damn minute.

Minis version of Pac-Man CE is awful so far as I'm concerned. The ghost timing is off compared to the Xbox 360 version, meaning a lot of strategies you may have learned go out the window.

It's a nice novelty, but I can't play it seriously.
RK128

Originally Posted by SPE

Wait a god damn minute.

And if all PS1 games are working, can I finally play R-Types and R-Type Delta on my Vita? I know they're delisted, but I have the install bubbles sat on my PS3 just incase they ever got enabled on the Vita. Or can I just grab them from my download list?

Yes man, Pac-Man CE now works on Vita :)! Don't know about the R-Type games (as I don't own them) but for now, every PSP, PS1 and PS Mini now work on Vita. If you have the games in your download list....get them now man! Who knows if this is just a mistake or not with the Vita store, but just get them just in case :).
Bluekaveli

Originally Posted by TomShoe

sigh

Sigh

SIGH

Lol
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
Considering you can't search for the new compat. titles on PS Store, I bet this is a bug, lols
nelchaar
MEGATON!! I will try Crash 3! PSYCHED!
Fusebox
eternally victimized by the Common Sense Hit Squad

Originally Posted by WildEagle18

If Jeanne D'Arc works. I take back every bad thing I said to my Vita.

Jeanne D'Arc has always worked, you just needed to download it to your PS3 first and then transfer it over to the Vita using the Content Manager. Now you can download it straight to your Vita.
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!
Portable Ops working. Yay.
Mutanthands

Originally Posted by Freeman

Nintendo announces every virtual console game one by one, Sony unloads everything hoping no one will see and make a a $0.99 promotion hours before just for the lulz.

Like a Boss. A passive-aggressive Boss, but a Boss never the less.
NintendoRev
Sweet. I always found it puzzling why those games weren't available to the vita in the first place, but FUCK YEAH!
Sandfox
(04-22-2014, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Brazil

It was obvious that SCEA would eventually add Vita support to those games considering all the other regions already have it.

Better luck next time.

Those other reigions have had it since the feature was launched so it wasn't exactly obvious. I just think its scummy of Sony to not announce this with the sale rather than allowing them to playable as soon as it ends.
shidoshi
GameFan alumnus
ganguro preacher
Nevermind this post. Working again!
tensuke
WHAT!? And AFTER the $1 sale?
KalBalboa

Originally Posted by Wario64

Considering you can't search for the new compat. titles on PS Store, I bet this is a bug, lols

Wait until tomorrow's PS Blog post for the weekly update.
jackissocool
(04-22-2014, 01:49 AM)
Spyro has some goddamn impressive particle effects for a PS1 game.
teiresias
Hmmm . . . I must have gotten all the Crash and Spyro games via PS+ our something. Forgot about that, haha. Wish I had PSP2 though!! I am glad the Sega Genesis PSP collection works now (unless it did before and I never realized it).
Grunkle
I already owned Crash 1, but I picked up 2 & 3 during the sale. Now, I wish I grabbed the Spyro games as well. I've been waiting so long for Crash to be playable on the Vita lol.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(04-22-2014, 01:50 AM)

Those other reigions have had it since the feature was launched so it wasn't exactly obvious. I just think its scummy of Sony to not announce this with the sale rather than allowing them to playable as soon as it ends.

Well, yeah. You're right.

I did already have all the Spyro and Crash games on PSN, though, and my first reaction when seeing that they were discounted was "Well, now everyone is going to buy this and complain on social networks, so they'll have to add Vita support".
VanWinkle
This is an incredible day. Can't wait to get off work.
BlackBuzzard

Bet people are overloading the network:P
Freaky Fred
Banned

you scared me
Reticent Rhino
So glad I bought these during the sale. I didn't expect them to be enabled so soon afterwards, but I figured there was a good chance it would happen eventually (granted, they should have been downloadable ages ago).

Because Sony obviously knew this was coming and it was probably the main reason they picked those games for the sale.

Assuming this isn't a bug, a more charitable possibility is that all the complaints stemming from these games being on sale finally gave SCEA (and Activision?) a kick in the pants to make enabling these on Vita a priority. Isn't today the first full business day since the sale?
RK128
(04-22-2014, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by teiresias

Hmmm . . . I must have gotten all the Crash and Spyro games via PS+ our something. Forgot about that, haha. Wish I had PSP2 though!! I am glad the Sega Genesis PSP collection works now (unless it did before and I never realized it).

The Collection always worked on Vita (I own it myself :)), you just had to transfer it from your PS3. Great deal for 10 bucks; tons of awesome Genesis games and the only way to play Sonic 1 and 2 on Vita ;).
Eusis
(04-22-2014, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by shwimpy

LOL @ all you suckers who didn't buy these games. They were $1 each FFS. Even if it never worked on Vita, it's definitely worth having them in your "collection" for $1 each.

Yeah, I was content with PS3 access. Unless you only had a Vita and PS4 I don't see why you'd have skipped anyway if you would've bought with Vita compatibility.
KalBalboa
(04-22-2014, 01:52 AM)
64 Gig card purchases incoming.
Zalman
(04-22-2014, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

Touch based manuals, this is no accident.

oh shit