• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Finished my first run Saturday. I kinda half assed it at times, especially with the rescue section at the end.

Quick question: all those areas that I discovered from interrogating soldiers and other stuff like that one xof patch I found - does that stuff carry over to other playthroughs?

Ambitious

Yeah its possible. I think you have to let go of the stick when diving and push forward after hitting the ground.

Yeah! After you dive, let go of the left analog stick. Snake will proceed to crawl as you resume pressing the analog stick forward. You only need to let go for a split-second!

That's great, thank you both.

Another control-related question that just came into my mind: When you grab a soldier from behind, can you drag him along (into a spot of grass, for instance) or do you have to knock him out or kill him first and then move his body?

That's great, thank you both.

Another control-related question that just came into my mind: When you grab a soldier from behind, can you drag him along (into a spot of grass, for instance) or do you have to knock him out or kill him first and then move his body?

Don't mention it! Yeah, you can drag them along when you have your arm around their neck. I think as long as you are holding R2, then you should be able to force them to your location of choice. It's slow, however, as you are dragging them as they stand... but this stops enemy fire should you get jammed up with a base-wide alert, due to the enemy looking to avoid harming their fellow soldier!

Ambitious

Don't mention it! Yeah, you can drag them along when you have your arm around their neck. I think as long as you are holding R2, then you should be able to force them to your location of choice. It's slow, however, as you are dragging them as they stand... but this stops enemy fire should you get jammed up with a base-wide alert, due to the enemy looking to avoid harming their fellow soldier!

Seems I did something wrong last time I attempted to drag them. I'm gonna try that.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just my console/network/settings, or is Ground Zeroes nearly unplayable in remote play on the Vita? Sound is cutting every 5 seconds, there's frame-dropping, etc. It's the first PS4 game where I notice something like this. However, it's also my only PS4 game that's on disc, so I'm wondering if there's a correlation there...

cackhyena

Oh that's not me. Yeah, regular prisoners you can put in the jeep. Square button for me (action controls) I think? I'm not sure about Paz or Chico. All the times I've played this and I've never tried it for some reason.

Oh that's not me. Yeah, regular prisoners you can put in the jeep. Square button for me (action controls) I think? I'm not sure about Paz or Chico. All the times I've played this and I've never tried it for some reason.

Wait, doesn't the game want you to use the jeep to bring them in? I totally drove them to the heliport area in the jeep after rescuing Chico. Also, can you summon a helicopter anywhere or are you limited to using the heliports?

I feel like I need to watch a pro play this because I never really felt like i knew what i was doing the whole time. I always felt like there had to be a better approach but whenever i would try something different I would just screw it up and then ALERT ALERT.

cackhyena

Wait, doesn't the game want you to use the jeep to bring them in? I totally drove them to the heliport area in the jeep after rescuing Chico. Also, can you summon a helicopter anywhere or are you limited to using the heliports?

I feel like I need to watch a pro play this because I never really felt like i knew what i was doing the whole time. I always felt like there had to be a better approach but whenever i would try something different I would just screw it up and then ALERT ALERT.
Ideally you are bringing them to spots on the perimeter of the camp to avoid an alert, so hoofing it is more ideal with them on your shoulder. Watching other guys mess around definitely helps you loosen up and just experiment more.

valkyre

Guys is it possible to recall a helicopter or to order it to leave the area?

Because I figured I would call the helicopter to give myself a bit of distraction, but then the thing was just staying there all the time... all I could do was send it in another designated base location, but that is not what I want.

Isnt there a way to remove the helicopter from the area completely? Or once you call it, then that's it, it will either be destroyed or you will board it and complete the mission?

SJRB

Gold Member
Guys is it possible to recall a helicopter or to order it to leave the area?

Because I figured I would call the helicopter to give myself a bit of distraction, but then the thing was just staying there all the time... all I could do was send it in another designated base location, but that is not what I want.

Isnt there a way to remove the helicopter from the area completely? Or once you call it, then that's it, it will either be destroyed or you will board it and complete the mission?

If you move away from the helicopter it will return to base.

Batzi

Banned
I'm at 90% and I think I'm going to call it a wrap. Marking all enemies is too tedious and trying to get an S-Rank on the chopper missions is rage inducing.

1977470_10202804466046970_4806538692746583508_n.jpg

valkyre

Hideo Kojima Will Make an “Important Announcement” Tomorrow, Gets Ideas for New Trailer at the Gym

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04...morrow-gets-ideas-for-new-trailer-at-the-gym/

I’ve come up with new ideas for the trailer at the gym. I’ll try them out tomorrow.
On Tomorrow’s Kojima Station there will be an important announcement. At the same time, I will introduce the “Prisoners” video corner that will be released on May 3rd. In addition, the new corner (video) will involve planning, lighting, shooting, editing and sound recording made by ourselves.

I know its Dualshockers, but I hope we get something good about TPP.

Quick questions: How does the game save work after completion? Does the game only count your "best run" as the link to PP? So if I get an S Rank, but I don't save all the prisoners they will not be there for PP? Or if I have saved them before, in a previous run, do they count? I am sick of trying to get the S-rank and save all the prisoners in the same run because I always fuck something up.

co1onel

Looks like the announcement is bringing the DLC to the other console. The pic says May 1st, but I don't know if that's just for Japan. Chat says it's apparently free, but I wouldn't trust them and I don't understand japanese.

cackhyena

There is no way to play that mission silently, is there? I mean, not like you can with deja vu? I'll download it, play it once and never bother with it again if so. I need ma stealth.

Clockwork5

Just finished the main mission and really enjoyed it. It was enough of an appetizer to hype me up for more. Will the next game be a full title or a series of intallments?

Also how is the trilogy hd remaster? Wouldn't mind catching up since I haven't played either title leading up to this one and I would like to at least play snake eater.

Just finished the main mission and really enjoyed it. It was enough of an appetizer to hype me up for more. Will the next game be a full title or a series of intallments?

If you mean MGSV; The Phantom Pain, then yes, it'll be a full title - continuing the story from the main mission that you played.

Top Bottom