• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now kiss and hug in Playstation Home

Haunted

Chasing after those Second Life dollah dollah bills!

it actually makes money and has updates nearly every week
How+the+++did+he+buy+all+of+Arizona+_5a3f235ac7b6281d107fed7920d033bb.jpg

the chris

2-Player interactions are finally here! Time to get closer than ever to people in PlayStation Home with a bunch of interactive 2-player gestures. With these new motion-captured 2-player poses and gestures you can choose to receive a friendly hug, lovers hug, high five, fist bump, chest bump, massage, kiss on the cheek, romantic kiss, handshake, or even hold hands!

dMCxdpr.jpg

PS home will get even weirder now. Oh and are people really surprised that at PS Home still existing? IIRC PS Home is one of their cash cows. Home folks buy lots of stuff just for their virtual life.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
How is it that Sony has laid off huge amounts of people at their top-tier studios, yet they still continue to develop this absolute train wreck?

Does anyone actually use this thing?

My only interaction with it is I accidentally launch it sometimes when I'm trying to get into the store, because they won't let me remove the icon from the XMB.
Just like the Vita, it makes money. The content is extremely cheap to produce and can be sold for what boils down to exorbitant prices. Seriously, the content is made for fractions of pennies on the dollar, and then sold for dollars.

http://www.develop-online.net/interview/playstation-home-sony-s-silent-money-maker/0116969
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-08-the-story-of-playstation-home
12810934235_93874b0c4f.jpg

njean777

I actually forgot this thing exists. I guess they are making money on it, at least I hope they are for it to still be around.

kmg90

Wait this still exists ?

AND is still being updated ?

I'm surprised they're still updating it.

The fact that this thing is still going absolutely blows my mind. It's like Playstation Habbo Hotel...

The fact that people are surprised that home is constantly getting new content (almost on a weekly basis) blows my mind.

Several companies make bank (some almost exclusively) from content made and published/sold in Playstation Home including

Crystalkoen

So, I watched the video on the blog, and just because it's "a thing" these days (and I haven't seen it asked yet in this thread or on the blog's comments)... all the "romantic" options shown in the video were heterosexual. Do the romantic options support homosexual variations as well, or they just stuck at "friendly"?

Bold One

yh, PS HOME really went off the deep end a long time ago.

its quite popular and lucrative according to certain sources.. isn't that just horrifying?

My only experience with PS Home so far was going on it to pick get a free copy of Twisted Metal. I spent 5 minutes goofing around with the character creator and apartment stuff before venturing off onto the hub thing. The very first thing someone did was run up and start hitting on me. I turned it off and haven't looked back since.

As an aside, it'd be hilarious if Facebook buys Second Life & this type of shit becomes the poster child for VR.

kmg90

What they don't explain is that it costs money (real money aka your PS Wallet) to perform these 2-player interactions

Just to be able to use this kiss
2014-04-23-100303.jpg

All the 2 player animations bundle
2014-04-23-100247.jpg

Sorry for the crappy image quality the Vita was the closest thing I could use to take quick pic

kmg90

Ugh, don't know why I didn't just use imgur but I think the images that are supposed to be appearing in the post above should be showing....

Can anyone confirm that pictures show up or is it just text?

Yes it costs $2.99 to be able to kiss someone or $8.99 to be able to kiss, hug, hold hands, high five, massage or chest bump.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ugh, don't know why I didn't just use imgur but I think the images that are supposed to be appearing in the post above should be showing....
Can anyone confirm that pictures show up or is it just text?
Yes it costs $2.99 to be able to kiss someone or $8.99 to be able to kiss, hug, hold hands, high five, massage or chest bump.
Did anyone here really think they wouldn't? The animations probably turn a profit once 10 people buy any of them. Or something.
The fact that people are surprised that home is constantly getting new content (almost on a weekly basis) blows my mind.
Several companies make bank (some almost exclusively) from content made and published/sold in Playstation Home including
Yup yup. I hope they're lobbying Sony for PS4 Home. Their livelihood depends on it.

kmg90

It's fine. I can see 2 images.

thank you for confirming, I just started to use Copy about 2 weeks ago (with the Dropbox controversy and the lack of space increase with Dropbox's 2.4 GB of free space vs Copy's 15GB+5GB for each sign-up referral of free space) and still haven't figured out how to embed photos in webpages publicly.

Sadly I think I may have posted them a little late as this thread's "freshness" has died and won't get any reaction from those who don't know/parttake in the craziness of home.

$2.99 to be able to kiss another person Let that sink in for a moment

hesido

Sorry for the crappy image quality the Vita was the closest thing I could use to take quick pic

I'm using this post as an excuse to bash on the absolutely horrific quality of Vita's camera. e.g. On Frobisher Says, shoot something [insert colour here] sections makes you stall as it only works in studio quality lighting conditions.

Jonnax

Seeing as Playstation Home brings in cash similar to how I imagine a free to play mobile phone game does, what are the chances of it popping up for E3 on PS4?

kyser73

Just had a look at Lockwood games from the link above and they've got an ideal game for Gaf called SodiumOne - Salt Shooter.

I'm surprised they're still updating it.

Wait this still exists ?

AND is still being updated ?

Wait... people play Home?!

The fact that this thing is still going absolutely blows my mind. It's like Playstation Habbo Hotel...

I didn't even know Home was still a thing. I downloaded It when first released forever ago and haven't booted it up once.

Woah. PS Home still exists? This is news to me.

Embarassing. People landed on the moon in case you didn't know that either.

Top Bottom