• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, what was drinkbox thinking... (LTTP: Guacamelee)

Dr. Buni

The Tule Tree section was amazing. Very few games have challenging platform sections like that.

Btw love this game. Guacamelee! is hands down my favorite indie, with Hotline Miami sitting in a close second.

I also finished it this week, some of the platforming was a bit rough but it didn't ruin anything. Great game, so good that I beat it in two play sessions.

I beat jaguar javier my first try and immediately was convinced that you have to fight him multiple times or something from the amount of complaints he recieved.

He does literally nothing that you havent seen many many times before, so i can only assume that if you cant beat him youre just awful at games.

HardRojo

I enjoyed that part, wasn't aware people found it infuriating I mean, it was definitely more challenging than other parts in the game but only took patience and timing like Dark Souls.
Might replay it on PS4, it's in my top 5 from 2013.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That was actually a good part. So few games these days even dare to ask players to take their abilities to a higher level of understanding, it's really cool when a game does it and still keeps it fair.
But well, people like you are at fault for that, I guess.

For the disappearing platform section, you can use the headbutt midair to pause and give you time. Find the platform you want to jump on as it disappears, double jump to it, headbutt, and by the time you drop from the headbutt animation the platform will have reappeared.

You can also use this to hover above a single platform if you need to plan some things out. Just double jump straight up and headbutt and you'll land back on the same platform as it reappears.

I don't know if that's how they meant for you to do it, but that's how I did it.

One of the best games, retail or otherwise, released last year.

A lot of people saw this as a brawler before release, but the platforming challenges, especially when going for the orbs, are awesome.

Jigolo

Top 5 games for me last year. I share the same experience as the OP where I nearly DESTROYED MY VITA.

Platinumed it non the less (pre DLC) and enjoyed every second of it, including the frustration.

I wish the game had more sections like the Tree Tops. So awesome. Relatively challenging but another similar section with the difficulty ramped up would have been sweet.

SoulClap

I really enjoyed the Guacamelee but some of the sections, specifically the disappearing platforms leave me with no desire to ever re-play the game.

Didn't you hear? Remastering games to current gen consoles is the new hotness right now

And if one game could use it, it's Guacamelee. The game could not be completed the way the developers intended on the PS3. With the power of the ps4 you'll get the game they way the developers intended it. you boys are in for a treat

Top Bottom