• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard surveying about second Diablo 3 expansion pack

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Most of the survey was just about what games you like and how satisfied you were with various things in Diablo 3, and an interactive card game to determine what you were the most satisfied with, but this one stuck out as relevant.

diabloros14pkdv.png

Source: I took the survey and there wasn't anything about confidentiality on it so...

Blizzard has been doing this lately (I got a hearthstone survey during beta) which I'm really digging. Glad they have taken to actually asking the players.

No survey for me (as of yet).

epmode

That ancient leaked Blizzard timetable (that has proven pretty accurate) mentioned a second Diablo 3 expansion. I'm convinced we'll see one.

I assume that they'll want to milk that "platform" for as long as possible before comitting resources to a Diablo IV, which will probably have to have new monetization features.

In fact, I'm sure they'll test-drive some of those in the coming months with Diablo III.

Nokterian

No survey yet here but i am interested in a second expansion for sure. They need to fix a bunch of stuff and there going to add a lot to the game but yeah after patch 2.0 and RoS it is going in the right direction.

Cse

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see how the Starcraft and Diablo series pan out in the future.

Looking at Hearthstone, HotS, and the "shop" in WoW, Blizzard's model going forward seems to be in game purchases. This may have been why Titan was reset, as they didn't think its current state would be able to harbor an in game payment system.

Diablo and Starcraft, on the other hand, currently only bring in money when an expansion is sold.

I assume that they'll want to milk that "platform" for as long as possible before comitting resources to a Diablo IV, which will probably have to have new monetization features.

In fact, I'm sure they'll test-drive some of those in the coming months with Diablo III.

You must be confused with another company... There won't be a diablo 4 for at least another 10 years... though they'll promise one in 3-4.

Card Boy

Banned
We all know it's happening judging from RoS

- level 70 cap
- The way it ended
- Only 1 new class

Wouldn't surprise me they release more expansions till level 100.

RPGCrazied

Considering how long it took to get Diablo III released, I'm hoping it has several more expansions in the pipeline.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How about legacy of the void first Blizzard. No wait we gotta wait another 2 years for that

I think Heroes of the Storm took a lot away from that game given most of the senior staff (and even the bulk staff) seems to be the same people.

Activision also stopped bragging about Heart of the Swarm's sales after the initial "1.1 million in 2 days" note so I'm guessing they weren't super ultra thrilled about it.

Sothpaw

A second expansion is a given. Game sells gangbusters on PC at least. Must do ok on console too if they are bothering with the port.

Dahbomb

While it's pretty obvious that an expansion is coming, it's a bit early to be talking about a 2nd expansion already. Game has been out for only a month.

Hatchtag

Banned
I haven't even bought Reaper of Souls yet, but shut up and take my money. Honestly hope there's more than just two expansions.

jblank83

Blizzard sold almost 3 million copies of RoS in the first week alone. Who knows how many more they've sold since then.

Of course they're making an expansion.

Also, as mentioned, RoS already telegraphed the 2nd expansion very clearly, multiple times, from the Scoundrel quest to the
Necromancer guard

Also, I'll buy it d1.

terrisus

They should bring back the Gold AH and the RMAH.

Unlike when Diablo 3 came out and I played it for a few months after beating it (and made what I paid for the game back a couple of times over), I haven't really bothered with the expansion since completing it.

Nokterian

They should bring back the Gold AH and the RMAH.

Unlike when Diablo 3 came out and I played it for a few months after beating it (and made what I paid for the game back a couple of times over), I haven't really bothered with the expansion since completing it.

Hahahahah nope that is never coming back. RMAH ruined the whole goddamn game i was playing AH Diablo and not killing monsters for loot. And now there is money sink called enchanting.

Ladders in next expansion confirmed... right?

Patch 2.1 (would be wise to read diablofans.com for example since they where talking about this at the release of RoS)

BPoole

I'm interested as long as I can kill Tyrael and get his sword (or just get his sword, but I wouldn't object to killing him after hearing about him getting used to mortal eating habits a million times :p )

Gxgear

Diablo: always the bridesmaid (the one on the far left), never the final raid boss. Oh well, at least his name is on the box.

terrisus

Hahahahah nope that is never coming back. RMAH ruined the whole goddamn game i was playing AH Diablo and not killing monsters for loot. And now there is money sink called enchanting.

Hahahahah I disagree. I was playing it from launch, and loved it.

And there's no reason at all not to offer players the option. Even completely separate servers, if need be.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

And there's no reason at all not to offer players the option. Even completely separate servers, if need be.

It'll never happen. And the majority of players are glad that's the case.

kirblar

They really do need the market feedback on ROS- they're going to get less direct negative feedback from players this time due to the game being about 5000% better, so its important to figure out both what players are looking for and figure out any blind spots they might have that could b improved upon.

Nokterian

Hahahaha and i will tell you again...it...will...never...happen.

It's gone for good and thank god for that.

arhra

Ladders in next expansion confirmed... right?

Ladders are coming in the next major RoS patch:
Production Director John Hight: We're working on two major systems for the 2.1 release, first is Seasons. Seasons are a shard of the existing game where everything is a fresh start. You start with a brand new character without access to any of the gold or items you collected with your primary account for the length of the season. We plan on creating brand new, powerful legendaries that only drop within in the season. After the season ends, all of your progress — your experience, your items, your gold, etc. — will be rolled into the main roster. The goal is the fresh-start feeling — so many changes and tweaks have happened since the launch of Diablo III — it is really energizing and fun to recreate that 'first-moment-in-a-new-game' feeling.

We've also added leaderboards. Players can race on a variety of metrics to try to become the leader in their region or the top of their friends and clan lists. That friendly competition angle lends itself really well to Diablo games.

Baliis

Anyone who's played RoS already knows there's gonna be a second expansion, the story almost flat out says it in one of the worst endings I've ever seen in a game.

Dahbomb

I really hope the Legendary Gems feature isn't something they save up for the 3rd game.

That's the type of thing the game actually needs like right now.

Kyoufu

they redeemed themselves after RoS. I'll buy whatever they put out.

Definitely better than vanilla D3, I'll give them that, but I don't feel satisfied with RoS even after playing it non-stop for two weeks straight. Some glaring flaws that prevent me from enjoying the game at this point.

kswiston

How about legacy of the void first Blizzard. No wait we gotta wait another 2 years for that

It's funny how much people complained about them milking Starcraft 2 when it will end up taking them 5-6 years to get all 3 parts out. Most people would have been fine with full fledged sequels to any other series on that time scale.

WarMacheen

With the things Blizzard has been doing with the newest release, I would buy 5 more expansions. We need more classes

Top Bottom