• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nemo
Will Eat Your Children
(05-14-2008, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Hellraizer

Will the Trophies be any different? More consistent? Maybe you will have 20 hard earned Trophies, but another person 20 easy earned trophies. Sounds like 3d Gamerscore to me...

Or am I missing the point here? (since this thread became a Gamerscore vs. Trophies battle)

I really hope Sony wont have a gamerscore here, just trophy pictures will do.
Fafalada
Fafracer forever
(05-14-2008, 04:30 PM)

Originally Posted by JB1981

We've been waiting for a pretty long frucking time!

vilmer_

Originally Posted by Tom Penny

So I don't have a PS3 , Uncharted, MLB the Show, Ratchet and GTA IV. Ok...if that makes you feel better. That's not alot of games and all there is left this year is MGS4, LBP and R2.

Quality over quantity.
shidoshi
GameFan alumnus
ganguro preacher

Originally Posted by Lé Blade Runner

I really don't care unless they add a Gamerscore -feature. The 3D Trophies might be pretty cool, though.

Except the Gamerscore system is completely and utterly broken.
Len Dontree
Animator. Respect knuckles.
(05-14-2008, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Fafalada

Good things come to those that wait.

...and wait...and wait. It seems stupid to shoehorn in me-too features like this after so long.

Achievements can be pretty cool (see: Crackdown) but I don't know anyone in real life who gives a flying fuck about their "gamerscore."
Beer Monkey
(05-14-2008, 04:31 PM)
I agree that gamerscore sucks. The only thing I find useful about 360 achievements it the ability to compare my progress in a game to that of my friends.
tha_con
Banned
(05-14-2008, 04:35 PM)

So I don't have a PS3 , Uncharted, MLB the Show, Ratchet and GTA IV. Ok...if that makes you feel better. That's not alot of games and all there is left this year is MGS4, LBP and R2.

Edited. You know what. Deal with it, cry somewhere else.
Last edited by tha_con; 05-14-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Guy Legend
(05-14-2008, 04:38 PM)
Nice. If they can give us trophies and hopefully in-game xmb, it should satisfy almost everyone. It would make waiting for a home much more acceptable. At least the system's online shortcomings and complaints would be remedied.
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(05-14-2008, 04:59 PM)
I dont want a gamerscore, i would like if you could actually unlock awesome stuff in home.

IE finish DMC4 on dante must die and get ebony and ivory in home on your wall, stuff like that.
Pimpwerx
Banned
(05-14-2008, 05:08 PM)
Isn't 2.4 supposed to be the firmware with in-game XMB? I know it's not the xmb technically, but the comm. features everyone's been bitching about. I thought a Sony rep said it was coming in 2.4. PEACE.
TTP
Have a fun! Enjoy!
(05-14-2008, 05:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Pimpwerx

Isn't 2.4 supposed to be the firmware with in-game XMB? I know it's not the xmb technically, but the comm. features everyone's been bitching about. I thought a Sony rep said it was coming in 2.4. PEACE.

I suppose you didn't read past the OP :P

The answer to your question is yes.
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(05-14-2008, 05:17 PM)
so Next month = ingame xmb? I will not believe it, my dreams have been crushed to many times =(
Evander
"industry expert"
(05-14-2008, 05:18 PM)

Originally Posted by pswii60

Cool stuff. I assume at the same time they'll add the ability to see games your friends have been playing (rather than just currently playing).

Also, will all those 'trophies' I got in Uncharted automatically be imported? I hope so, it'll give me a kickstart :p

Forget uncharted. If my Skill Points from Ratchet and Resistance don't count towards this then I will be INCREDIBILY pissed off.
Evander
"industry expert"
(05-14-2008, 05:18 PM)
bah, double post
Kittonwy
Banned
(05-14-2008, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Fafalada

Good things come to those that wait.

AranhaHunter
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:01 PM)

Really?:lol
AranhaHunter
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:02 PM)
OT, I don't want to beat all the races in Motorstorm again, I don't want to get all my medals in Uncharted again and I don't want to beat CoD4 again, I want trophies for all of them though :D
omg rite
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:02 PM)
"I hope it doesn't have gamerscore."

Uh, it doesn't affect how you play the games. If you don't care about gamerscore, just don't worry about it. It being there doesn't change your gameplay experience.

I love gamerscore. It's fun comparing it to my friends, gives it an arcade-like experience.
Evander
"industry expert"
(05-14-2008, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by omg rite

Uh, it doesn't affect how you play the games. If you don't care about gamerscore, just don't worry about it. It being there doesn't change your gameplay experience.

I love gamerscore. It's fun comparing it to my friends, gives it an arcade-like experience.

Personally, I like gamerscore just for myself, to watch it go up. I don't even bother looking at my friends' scores.

I look at it kind of like an odometer. I'm about to hit 10k, and I find that very exciting, regardless of how many people are far above that already.
Jim
(05-14-2008, 06:06 PM)

Originally Posted by AranhaHunter

OT, I don't want to beat all the races in Motorstorm again, I don't want to get all my medals in Uncharted again and I don't want to beat CoD4 again, I want trophies for all of them though :D

Supposedly they can use existing data to figure out what you've already accomplished and apply trophies to that. May require patches for the games though, it really depends.
Vaxadrin
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Evander

I look at it kind of like an odometer. I'm about to hit 10k, and I find that very exciting, regardless of how many people are far above that already.

Only 10k?? Noob.
Jtrizzy
(05-14-2008, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by gcubed

shhh let him go... its easier to just leave him sound like an ignorant ass then to argue with him.

He's been a little cry baby ever since his Home prediction failed to materialize.
methane47
(05-14-2008, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Tiduz

I dont want a gamerscore, i would like if you could actually unlock awesome stuff in home.

IE finish DMC4 on dante must die and get ebony and ivory in home on your wall, stuff like that.

I think thats the point or rather, the end goal... unlocking wallpapers for your apt, shirts, pants, skins, paintings, etc etc etc
Marty Chinn
(05-14-2008, 06:33 PM)
I don't think you guys should expect trophies in June. If there are any, it will be very very few since the SDK is just getting the functionality in June so most developers don't even have the ability to do it yet.
krypt0nian
Dragona's Dogma
(05-14-2008, 06:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Firewire

I don't care about scores or accomplishments/achievements really, but I think the trophies could be kind of cool.

If they take the time to 3d model them in HOME like the ones in Burnout 3 then I'm up for it. If its just a list of achievements like on LIVE then no thanks.
Firewire
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:49 PM)

I'm pretty sure Sony said the won't be using a gamer score system.
Wollan
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:51 PM)
SSHD Multiplayer-add on releasing soonish actually comes with Home trophies.
Firewire
Banned
(05-14-2008, 06:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Wollan

Awesome!
jjasper
(05-14-2008, 06:58 PM)
Please no online multiplayer trophies.
LiK
(05-14-2008, 07:13 PM)
so when are we gonna get an in-game XMB?
Rhazer Fusion
(05-14-2008, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by jjasper

I agree. I hate online achievements.
Jim
(05-14-2008, 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted by methane47

I think thats the point or rather, the end goal... unlocking wallpapers for your apt, shirts, pants, skins, paintings, etc etc etc

This works stupidly well for Hot Shots Golf:OoB, and all you get is costume parts for your little online avatar for the lobbies. It's so addicting :(
AndyD
aka andydumi
(05-14-2008, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Jim

This works stupidly well for Hot Shots Golf:OoB, and all you get is costume parts for your little online avatar for the lobbies. It's so addicting :(

Thats the idea. Have someone over to your cool Home apartment and they see a cool Leg Lamp and they ask where its from and you say... "Ahhh, thats my 'Picked up 1000 hookers in GTA4' trophy...in your face!"

But seriously, the Motorstorm, Ratchet and Uncharted devs have already said they prepared stuff like that when they were building the game in anticipation. I imagine just like rumble, small patches will enable the various things in a ton of older games.
The Jer
(05-15-2008, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by jjasper

why??
The Jer
(05-15-2008, 02:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Len Dontree

Achievements can be pretty cool (see: Crackdown) but I don't know anyone in real life who gives a flying fuck about their "gamerscore."

I do. And it really, really bothers me. I wish it didn't exist altogether.

Achievements, on the other hand, are cool and a great idea. I just hope enough older games implement them. Otherwise, they'll lose a lot of their worth.
devildog820
(05-15-2008, 02:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Wollan

Good stuff. Maybe the trophies will be integrated with Home and people can design some really off-the-wall trophy cases/rooms.
h3ro
(05-15-2008, 02:55 AM)
Whats going to happen once we actually get in-game XMB? What will we bitch and moan about after that?
ascii42
(05-15-2008, 02:57 AM)

Originally Posted by h3ro

Whats going to happen once we actually get in-game XMB? What will we bitch and moan about after that?

About how it didn't live up to our expectations, or something.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(05-15-2008, 02:58 AM)

That would be awesome, and alot better than achievements.

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

If they take the time to 3d model them in HOME like the ones in Burnout 3 then I'm up for it. If its just a list of achievements like on LIVE then no thanks.

A HOME screen had a 3d modeled Lair trophy.
Wollan
Banned
(05-15-2008, 03:05 AM)
it begins
Bricfa
(05-15-2008, 03:05 AM)
Well PSU did call the Haze exclusivity ahead of time...

Could happen. MGS4 is probably designed with trophies in mind.

Edit: Oh it's just some guy on a forum. Still, sounds plausible.
Last edited by Bricfa; 05-15-2008 at 03:13 AM.
h3ro
(05-15-2008, 03:09 AM)

Originally Posted by KeiichiInafune

I just noticed the Page Sony put up for PixelJunk Eden list Trophy Support.

:D

:O

Key Features

* Visual Appeal in Full HD
* Dynamic Animations and Effects
* DUALSHOCK®3 Support
* Trophy Support
* Up to 3 player co-operative play
* Online Support - Players can track single-player and co-op high scores on the online leaderboards
* Remote Play - Supports Remote Play for PSP® system

Mike Works
(05-15-2008, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Evander

Forget uncharted. If my Skill Points from Ratchet and Resistance don't count towards this then I will be INCREDIBILY pissed off.

it's videogames
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(05-15-2008, 03:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Bricfa

Well PSU did call the Haze exclusivity ahead of time...

Could happen. MGS4 is probably designed with trophies in mind.

Edit: Oh it's just some guy on a forum. Still, sounds plausible.

? Haze is exclusive? That has to be the most haziest <- :p

Thing ive ever heard of, one guy says it is and the other guy says it isnt, so confusing.
Liabe Brave
(05-15-2008, 03:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Marty Chinn

I don't think you guys should expect trophies in June. If there are any, it will be very very few since the SDK is just getting the functionality in June so most developers don't even have the ability to do it yet.

Actually, devs are only getting SDK 2.40 in June, but they've been able to support trophies for a while using earlier versions. Several have commented on that. Firmware 2.4 and SDK 2.4 aren't the same thing.
shidoshi
GameFan alumnus
ganguro preacher
(05-15-2008, 03:31 AM)

Leaderboards gives you an arcade-like experience. Gamerscore doesn't, and is meaningless because with absolutely no rules to what achievements can get what kinds of points, there is absolutely no consistency behind the value of said points.
h3ro
(05-15-2008, 03:31 AM)
It'd be great if Sony could get us this update at the launch of MGS4. Probably won't happen, but who knows...
Bricfa
(05-15-2008, 03:32 AM)

? Haze is exclusive? That has to be the most haziest <- :p

Thing ive ever heard of, one guy says it is and the other guy says it isnt, so confusing.

It's not? Hur hur, nice pun. Wikipedia says nothing about a 360/PC version.
kylej
Banned
(05-15-2008, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by fortified_concept

Fuck 2D Trophies and give me HOME you morons.

Agreed.

I hope my all golds in MotorStorm get me a little trophy.