• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Messofanego
(05-13-2014, 03:51 PM)
It'd be hilarious if a GAF mod got in on this process. Impressions! lol
HamsterPackage
(05-14-2014, 02:24 AM)
So still nothing on this game today. No youtube videos no nothing. I thought people that bought the game are aloud to release footage now that the trailer is out? LOL
Imbarkus
(05-14-2014, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by HamsterPackage

So still nothing on this game today. No youtube videos no nothing. I thought people that bought the game are aloud to release footage now that the trailer is out? LOL

I'm pretty sure those 6,000 people are either imaginary or in the Mafia.
Imbarkus
(05-14-2014, 03:57 PM)

Hey if anyone downloaded any of the original trailers or beta videos, PM me. I'll give you an FTP site to upload if you don't mind so I can get a copy of them. thx
Imbarkus
(05-14-2014, 09:05 PM)
Someone on GAF owns the game:

Originally Posted by Thomasorus

I just installed the game, it's real. And at first sight, it's very unfinished. I have corrupted files inside, some stages are not working, some characters disapear during matches. It's freaky as hell. Mailed the devs that told me their server was collapsing and creating corrupted files.

The game has the same digits for all characters but that could be the corrupted files. The deathrips are not working because of this too. Some stages are ugly it makes me laugh so hard.

Pics :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1078

It exists! it's just bad.
Shane
(05-14-2014, 09:08 PM)
Downloading now...

Quick question: A zipped file is a zipped file. How can server traffic affect the content in it to corrupt the game? Surely it just wouldn't download, right?
HamsterPackage
(05-14-2014, 09:59 PM)
Wow so it does exist! It's just horribly unfinished. Well at least it wasn't a complete scam.
notworksafe
(05-14-2014, 10:05 PM)
I played the demo of this last year (I think). Was pretty lame but I'm a sucker for goofy fighting games so I probably would have bought it.

Not anymore though. Shady business :\
Shane
(05-14-2014, 10:11 PM)
Downloaded it. Played it. It exists. However, it has a lot of bugs and crashes at the end of every fight. Seems like some files are missing from the digital version at the moment. More updates to follow.
Rickenslacker
(05-14-2014, 10:17 PM)
The character designs are hilarious but Plasma just kind of pisses me off to look at. Looks like some portrait art of Marco merged with K' while completely removing the appeal of either.
Imbarkus
(05-14-2014, 11:22 PM)
Welp that scores it. It's real. Time for a thread title change I guess.

It seems that all the coverup and protestation and threats were to cover up... what... embarrassment?

Or is this a genius PR machine of which I am just an unwitting cog? hmmmm.....
abadguy
(05-14-2014, 11:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Dynamite Shikoku

That trailer makes the game look terrible :/

Makes "Tattoo Assassins" look look like King of Fighters.
Tellaerin
(05-14-2014, 11:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Draft

Bad ass character selection music.

http://www.necrostorm.com/games/deat...character.html

I'd love to check out the character bios, but everything's ridiculously scaled down for me for some reason. Just this big column of unreadably tiny text and miniature pictures surrounded by a screenful of blank space. Music is pretty cool, though.

Shame the game seems to be a mockup/hoax, because I'd be interested in it if it was actually, you know, a real game.
Last edited by Tellaerin; 05-14-2014 at 11:35 PM.
FluxWaveZ
(05-14-2014, 11:34 PM)
Oh, so this actually does exist.

Still need a Giant Bomb Quick Look to make sure.
N4Us
(05-15-2014, 01:06 AM)
Somebody's streaming it right now

http://www.twitch.tv/pichy_and_pals
Dex815
(05-15-2014, 01:58 AM)
LOL!

Whoever falls in this scam deserves it. It reminds me to the poor and lazy scams of Jita in Eve Online.
TheSlySoul
(05-15-2014, 02:04 AM)
Selling a demo as a full game with the worst DRM ever? This game is a poster child of bad ideas.
Messofanego
(05-15-2014, 02:07 AM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxeP0nMjLHQ

Plasma vs ..."Plasma". Ok lol.
Vlaphor
(05-15-2014, 07:20 AM)
So it looks like some people do have this game (as evidenced by this forum as well as Necrostorm's), but what has been sent out is barely an alpha that runs worse than a beta from two years ago. This saga just keeps getting better and better.

Their excuse now is that files were corrupted from the digital download since..." Too many people are downloading their version from our website and the server it's "collapsing". The server is giving Uncomplete/broken files" according to Necrostorm.

Also, that Evil Times guy is going off like a parody of a stereotypical YouTube commenter.
Messofanego
(05-15-2014, 07:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Vlaphor

So it looks like some people do have this game (as evidenced by this forum as well as Necrostorm's), but what has been sent out is barely an alpha that runs worse than a beta from two years ago. This saga just keeps getting better and better.

Their excuse now is that files were corrupted from the digital download since..." Too many people are downloading their version from our website and the server it's "collapsing". The server is giving Uncomplete/broken files" according to Necrostorm.

Also, that Evil Times guy is going off like a parody of a stereotypical YouTube commenter.

The cat is out of the bag, don't know why Necrostorm keeps on going with these bullshit answers. Are they compulsive liars?
danmaku
(05-15-2014, 07:50 PM)
So it's basically the Big Rigs of fighting games? A barely functional pre-alpha version sold as a complete game?
le.phat
(05-15-2014, 07:56 PM)
some of the stuff is seriously creepy. That Arachno spider crawl *shudders*
I don't know, i think the HD mortal combat capture technique could actually work if the animations are sufficiently fluid and nicely keyed.
KaiserBecks
(05-15-2014, 08:10 PM)
It's a shame they're getting so much shit from people who probably never heard of Necrostorm before. It's totally understandable, but still a shame.
Their movies are great for what they are (b-movie type splatter trash) and I really like whoever is responsible for the art and the soundtrack of Death Cargo. This game really would've had potential in the hands of people...who know how to make games.
Imbarkus
(05-15-2014, 08:28 PM)
Somebody posted on Shoryuken that the program is a Multimedia Fusion application. I guess you can see it in the Task Manager when the program's running.

Just $99. I don't really know anything about this engine or its makers Clickteam even after trying to read up on it.

But at first blush I'm getting Macromedia Shockwave vibes.
Imbarkus
(05-17-2014, 08:59 PM)
Bump with un update to the original article, who got his game, but didn't yet get his "special unlock key" I dunno because mafia no he still can't play it until the protection money is paid

http://kotaku.com/the-story-of-death...+YannickLeJacq

Even better news seems to be the mod community is all up in Death cargo so let's have some funyans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7UG...ature=youtu.be
Vlaphor
(05-21-2014, 02:01 PM)
The saga continues with another message from Necrostorm

...at this point, it isn't even funny anymore.
collige
(05-28-2014, 09:47 PM)
I thought this situation felt familiar, but I couldn't remember what exactly it reminded me of. Then I remembered...

It's practically the same events all over again except this time it's with a shitty fighting game instead of a shitty survival game.
Imbarkus
(05-28-2014, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by collige

I thought this situation felt familiar, but I couldn't remember what exactly it reminded me of. Then I remembered...

It's practically the same events all over again except this time it's with a shitty fighting game instead of a shitty survival game.

It's still an ongoing saga of uncertainty according to the latest article:

http://kotaku.com/i-bought-this-game-two-weeks-ago-and-i-still-can-t-pla-1582829826/+YannickLeJacq

It's all Kotaku's fault now. The Ouroboros is complete.
dentoomw
(05-29-2014, 06:04 AM)
It's as if they ran out of money to finish the game, so they sell early-access to continue funding development, except they don't label it as early-access.

The comparison to the WarZ is pretty accurate in that regard.

Still, I kinda dig the 90s Mortal Kombat vibe and the so-bad-its-good science fiction background story. If they ever got their shit together and got around to completing it I could see it becoming a cult classic.
C-Sword
(07-24-2014, 02:23 AM)
Oh god

Slamtastic
(07-24-2014, 02:25 AM)
Terrible_Majesty
(07-24-2014, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

why am i mirroring this gif? so its areal huh hehe. so GAF is parker and the italian death scare ppl are JJJ. Robbie is the GAF mods.
FatalT
She swallowed that shit, go ahead, swab her cheeks.
I'm clean.
(07-24-2014, 02:42 AM)
You've gotta be shitting us.
Imbarkus
(07-24-2014, 03:41 PM)
Guys, my curiosity is starting to overcome my good sense. Talk me down.
Rafy
(07-24-2014, 04:00 PM)
oh god...
Kart94
(07-24-2014, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by C-Sword

Oh god

So Death Cargo 2 will be better just on the bases that it actually exists? :p