• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

RK9039

Atleast the water looks alright.
ipi1I7gQWkE3N.jpg

Nice, that one looks good.

Not accusing anyone... has the game unlocked in parts of the world?

If not, you should be ashamed (and banned) if posting from a pirated copy.

BONKERS

Also: Don't remember if I said it ,but Bound By Flame is gorgeous. I know they are different kind of games, but the pictures shown of the next Dragon Age, the lighting looks similar to BbF, but BbF looks way better imo.

What's the best way to make screenshots? I would use Fraps with PNG-screenshots but I don't like the yellow fps-count that has to be displayed so that the screenshot function works.

I use Steam for my Steam games, but for everything else?

MSI Afterburner is the best Free Solution IMO.

You can use the OSD, on screen but also take screens and have the OSD not displayed on the screens. So it's not intrusive.
Geez. What is left of humanity.

If it runs well - last gen port, looks awful, Ubisoft crap.

If it runs badly - next-gen awesomeness, woho!!!

It's Crysis 2 all over again.

I agree. PC Screens of WD look really fantastic I think so far.

If it runs well too, that's even better! I'd love to enhance 4xTXAA with 4xSGSSAA see if it works well and then downsample on top of that for 30FPS and just let my brain esplode

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not accusing anyone... has the game unlocked in parts of the world?

If not, you should be ashamed (and banned) if posting from a pirated copy.

If someone does legitimately have the game already purchased/pre-ordered whatever, I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying.

People used VPN's to falsify their region to get Dark Souls II early - having paid already. If people already payed for the game, I think no biggie.

Killer Is Dead looks damned good on PC.

If someone does legitimately have the game already purchased/pre-ordered whatever, I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying.

People used VPN's to falsify their region to get Dark Souls II early - having paid already. If people already payed for the game, I think no biggie.

Neither do I.

But that was my question. Is it possible. Is it able to be unlocked. Because the game has been leaked as a downloadable, pirated copy and if it's proven that there is currently no VPN or other way to unlock it early, we are looking at pirated screens. Something NeoGAF would not want to be promoting...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Neither do I.

But that was my question. Is it possible. Is it able to be unlocked. Because the game has been leaked as a downloadable, pirated copy and if it's proven that there is currently no VPN or other way to unlock it early, we are looking at pirated screens. Something NeoGAF would not want to be promoting...

I'm saying that personally, I think that if someone already purchased the game legitimately, there's nothing morally wrong with if they downloaded it from some other site to play before it unlocks.

I'm saying that personally, I think that if someone already purchased the game legitimately, there's nothing morally wrong with if they downloaded it from some other site to play before it unlocks.

yes there is. It's like buying a car that gets delivered next week but saying it's ok to steal one for the next few days.

And if I owned or help run this site, I would not want Ubi seeing these screens (considering Twitch accounts streaming the leaked copy have been banned) nor would I want other gaming sites to be linking to these screens.

Pretty obvious why.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
yes there is. It's like buying a car that gets delivered next week but saying it's ok to steal one for the next few days.

And if I owned or help run this site, I would not want Ubi seeing these screens (considering Twitch accounts streaming the leaked copy have been banned) nor would I want other gaming sites to be linking to these screens.

Pretty obvious why.

No it's not "pretty obvious why."

It's absolutely not at all like buying a car and stealing one until it arrives. Stealing a car is a tangible, physical good and it excludes someone else from having it. Again, you seemed to have no qualms with the situation of faking a VPN to gain access to your digital good early, when in reality using your analogy, you would still be stealing it because you were not supposed to have it yet.

The only practical difference between the VPN trick and downloading from a separate site after already paying for it is where the files are hosted on. At the very least, if you've paid for the product already,you should see it on par with as bad as faking your VPN to get access early.

And as for

that's a completely separate conversation. I'm not debating legal ramifications, it's already clear that it is illegal, I'm talking about whether it's right or wrong and like I've explained, I don't see anything wrong with it if you've paid for the product. If the mods or anyone don't feel comfortable with screenshots of products not yet released to consumers being in here they are totally justified in removing them.

Spazznid

So I'll ask plainly. Is everyone getting it early through early Uplay codes? Is there a way to do this with Steam? I just want to know if I could be playing atm or not.

KingV

FYI, there are no legal ramifications for NeoGAF for one of their users linking to screenshots for a possibly pirated copy of a game yet to be released.

Just to clear that up. NeoGAF has zero liability for what it's posters post.

Edit: There might be some sort of DMCA ramifications if somebody posted like, a complete movie and they didn't take it down when served with a takedown notice. Presumably ubi could also ask them to remove the links to the pictures (maybe), but it's not like they can be sued just because one of their users posted a pic.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
FYI, there are no legal ramifications for NeoGAF for one of their users linking to screenshots for a possibly pirated copy of a game yet to be released.

Just to clear that up. NeoGAF has zero liability for what it's posters post.

Edit: There might be some sort of DMCA ramifications if somebody posted like, a complete movie and they didn't take it down when served with a takedown notice. Presumably ubi could also ask them to remove the links to the pictures (maybe), but it's not like they can be sued just because one of their users posted a pic.

Yeah, but I don't think Neogaf wants to be known as "That place for pirated game screenshots" either. Not that that would ever really happen, but I understand if they wanted to protect themselves against that image.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Why thank you.

Here is two more for tonight.

sjM.jpg

ujM.jpg
I enjoyed this game a lot on PS3 and was going to wait for it to go on sale on PC but after seeing your screenies, am not sure how much longer I can wait. Great pics, the ones you posted previously were very good, as well.

Some of the other impressions said Watch Dogs actually had almost too many people on the streets at points so perhaps walker is just unlucky or avoiding them for the screens?

BONKERS

Would anyone with Watch Dogs try enhancing the 4xTXAA in the game with 4xSGSSAA at all and see if it works/has any problems? Perhaps links to "No AA" "4xTXAA" and then "4xTXAA+4xSGSSAA"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44695487&postcount=13139 (Ignore the behavior flag in the first column of AntiAliasing)

I didn't pre-order the game as my backlog is gigantic and I don't have a GPU sufficient to play the game at the level of IQ that i'd like. (I may be a bit weird in that sense I guess)

Thanks! :p

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Would anyone with Watch Dogs try enhancing the 4xTXAA in the game with 4xSGSSAA at all and see if it works/has any problems? Perhaps links to "No AA" "4xTXAA" and then "4xTXAA+4xSGSSAA"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44695487&postcount=13139 (Ignore the behavior flag in the first column of AntiAliasing)

I didn't pre-order the game as my backlog is gigantic and I don't have a GPU sufficient to play the game at the level of IQ that i'd like. (I may be a bit weird in that sense I guess)

Thanks! :p
Soon as I get my key from GMG I'll give it a try. I might be waiting until Monday though am not sure, probably someone else can help you before I can.

Edit:
Where exactly can you do this?

I don't have the game yet, so this is just a pure guess but try this path:

Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Watch Dogs\GamerProfile.xml

Soon as I get my key from GMG I'll give it a try. I might be waiting until Monday though am not sure, probably someone else can help you before I can.

Edit:

Yeah, I found the .xml, but not the line for disabling the HUD :)

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Yeah, I found the .xml, but not the line for disabling the HUD :)
Probably a line you need to add? Hopefully those with the game can help you.

While on subject of Watchdogs IQ, this is interesting:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/881082-DeferredFxQuality-quot-console-quot?
Just been looking at this file in Docs > My Games > Watchdogs > xxxx GamerProfile.xml and found this line DeferredFxQuality="console" Ive set it to PC like the rest, gonna see if it makes any difference, there are other setting in there too

<CustomQuality>
<quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" EnvironmentQuality="ultra" AntiPortalQuality="pc" PostFxQuality="ultra" TextureQuality="pc" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="ultra" ParaboloidReflectionQuality="ultra" DepthPassQuality="pc" VegetationQuality="ultra" TerrainQuality="ultra" GeometryQuality="ultra" LodDitheringQuality="pc" ShadowQuality="ultra" ShadingQuality="high" RoadQuality="pc" EditorQuality="pc" ParticlesQuality="ultra" DeferredFxQuality="pc" HDR="1" SuperSampling="0" HighPrecisionNormal="1" RenderSplashes="1" RenderRain="1" MotionBlurQuality="pc" SSAOQuality="hbao+_high" DepthOfFieldQuality="pc" AntiAliasingQuality="temporalsmaa" id="_runtime" />
</CustomQuality>

BONKERS

Edit:

Even if someone gets to it first. I greatly appreciate the thought! Thanks! :D

Blizzard

Banned
CyberPunked, HolyFridge, and N1ghtW4lk3R, how did you get the game to unlock early? Did you find retail copies, or review copies, or is there a way to unlock on Steam via VPN?

I know such things are possible, legal, and acceptable, so it would be nice to hear how you three managed for those of us who want to play this weekend. I don't mean tell which mom and pop store you found so they get in trouble, I just mean if it's retail, review, or whatever.

The game looks quite decent to me, though perhaps it's downsampling helping the quality a lot.

Top Bottom