• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny PS4 Timed Exclusives will last until "At least Fall 2015"

Vire

Taken from Amazon:

14243849238_688ea1cc49_o_f7n4.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGA9Y3W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Exclusive content for PlayStation 4 owners includes the Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map, Dust Palace Strike, Weapons, Ships and Gear that will only be on PlayStation until at least Fall 2015.

Hand cannon if old.

What the eff man? At least one full year?... that seems like a long time. Strikes from the alpha seemed like fairly valuable pieces of content, unfortunate they are closing this off for so long.

Courage

Smart move by Sony. They're essentially pushing the game as an exclusive without having to moneyhat the whole game. I'm sure the gap in sales between PS4/XBO will be pretty big.

Sifl

Aren't these sort of timed DLC's usually limited to about a month ? A year is an awfully long time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit. That's insanely long for a timed exclusive DLC deal. I figured it would be a couple weeks, a month at most. Sucks for the Xbox crowd.

Sushigod7

I guess thats good, I don't mind I'll survive without playing it I'm sure plenty of content is left for us on the XB1. I don't get the mind set for doing something like this this one game having a few exclusives won't be pushing many people to buy a PS4 instead.

Vire

Bungie.net forums is going to flip some burgers when they get word of this... they already were incensed about the alpha exclusivity.

I wonder how long Destiny is supposed to continue to get new content for

Activision made comments that there would be several sequels I think but it's the type of game you could sell for a long time I would think

Also exclusive content like this is dumb and I hate it

RoKKeR

Considering the amount of loot and content in Destiny, a slice of 3 sets of armor and 3 weapons or whatever doesn't bother me much. I'm sure players level out of this equipment fairly early on. Either way, a year is pretty shitty.

Oh and stop with the exclusive content Sony and MS kthxbye

Portugeezer

Gold Member
That seems odd, wouldn't the expansion be released by then? Who would give a shit about some exclusive DLC by then.

Should we have two threads? One for glorious PS4 players and the other for second class gaming citizens?

This stuff is so dumb, and it'll only get worse.

USC-fan

Banned
Well they are getting their money worth out of this....

I like this better that time exclusives DLC. Never understood that making people wait 2 weeks is really going to get people to buy that version of the game.

Holy shit, that long just for weapons skins and a map?

Crazy isn't it? I wonder how much Sony shelled out to make that happen. Holding off those things for a year from other console(s) cannot make that much of a difference in sales that it's worth buying it out.

Also getting PS4 version, but still think it's nuts. Unconfirmed though

Madness

Smart move by Sony. They're essentially pushing the game as an exclusive without having to pay the moneyhat. I'm sure the gap in sales between PS4/XBO will be pretty big.

But is that the best course for Bungie? Many Halo fans are Bungie fans. Fans discuss still discuss Halo at length on Bungie.net, and many Halo fans will be getting Xbox One's for the Master Chief Collection, the last thing they need is to alienate long time Bungie, Xbox fans.

To make Destiny a hit, they need it to be success on all the platforms. That's the only way they can challenge leaders like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and the only way they can prevent exclusives from taking their fans away.

This holiday is really funny. You're going to have a Bungie/Activision game (Destiny), go up against former Bungie games of the past decade (halo CE, 2, 3 - part of the MCC) and also up against Activision with Call of Duty.

Sony probably does win out in this. Aside from killzone, they don't really have a shooter that it's strictly their own or has shooter fans buying their consoles for one and Destiny seems like it could be it for them.

Nowise10

Being a Xbox player, and a huge Bungie fan, it always stings seeing all of this stuff cater'd to the other platform with no recollection to anyone else. The alpha demo, the beta exclusivity, and all these exclusive content.

But what can you do. In the end I'll still likely enjoy the game

JCizzle

Smart move by Sony. They're essentially pushing the game as an exclusive without having to pay the moneyhat. I'm sure the gap in sales between PS4/XBO will be pretty big.

You don't think Sony is paying for this in some fashion? Basically the same thing Microsoft does with COD.

Top Bottom