• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

I dont really know, I havent touched it.

Ill report back when I get home.

Yes, its kind of deep, if I touch it with my fingertip I cant feel it, but if I slide my nail I can feel the scratch, might be the disc?

Yes, probably your disc. You can try to use some of that disc cleaning solution, but unfortunately there's no guarantee it'll work. If the scratch is deep enough, you're going to have to get a new copy.

Anyone still playing this game online? Picked up the MP mode recently, would love to have some decent people to play with (who actually might play the game like it's The Last of Us and not Call of Duty).

Finished Left Behind today, and read the whole of the worthwhile now dormant spoiler thread on it.

Really like this world (I know) and these characters. Diving back in feels a bit like when I was a kid and discovered that a favorite book actually had a sequel I could check out of the library. ("No way!")

Hands down, Ellie is a great character. Just really up there. And Left Behind lifts her.

Looking back at TLOU overall, when the game gets combat, setting, backstory or character development, and mood right...it's about as good and rewarding as anything I've played.

As a player, when I got my part of it wrong, it REALLY sucked. But when I got it right...it felt sweet, and personal. I was really invested in it, way more than most games.

There's stuff that doesn't really make sense with how the DLC integrates into the game. (in particular,
after Ellie encounters David's hunters in the Mall why would she ever trust David? It's just not believable with this new material.)

However, the stuff the Last of Us gets right is truly awesome. Can't really remember any game that made me remember things/feelings/nuances from my own life quite this way.

Hats off to ND. Hope the entire game development community can realize one, two, many TLOUs!!

Ok, so I didn't know where else to go, so I come to you all for help. I finally got this via borrowing it from my gf's dad. I put the game in and it loads to the title screen, I choose new game, normal, save my game, and the game loads the first cinematic. After Joel picks up hiw sleeping daughter off the couch, the screen fades to black, and never comes back. Other times, the game fails to load after I choose new game. Other times, the game doesn't even load. I've tried deleting my game data and reinstalled many times. I've tried it being signed in and out of PSN. Any ideas? I am almost certain I tired without the patch, but I can't remember 100%. I can hear the disc drive spinning like the Tazmanian Devil before I boot the game, and directly after, but soon it just goes quiet.

I finally get around to playing this masterpiece, and I am blocked at every turn :( I want to play this on PS3. I want to see what they achieved on this console. I don't know how I am going to see a response either...as I was deathly afraid of even coming here...I'll just skim for my green quote box I suppose..

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, so I didn't know where else to go, so I come to you all for help. I finally got this via borrowing it from my gf's dad. I put the game in and it loads to the title screen, I choose new game, normal, save my game, and the game loads the first cinematic. After Joel picks up hiw sleeping daughter off the couch, the screen fades to black, and never comes back. Other times, the game fails to load after I choose new game. Other times, the game doesn't even load. I've tried deleting my game data and reinstalled many times. I've tried it being signed in and out of PSN. Any ideas? I am almost certain I tired without the patch, but I can't remember 100%. I can hear the disc drive spinning like the Tazmanian Devil before I boot the game, and directly after, but soon it just goes quiet.

I finally get around to playing this masterpiece, and I am blocked at every turn :( I want to play this on PS3. I want to see what they achieved on this console. I don't know how I am going to see a response either...as I was deathly afraid of even coming here...I'll just skim for my green quote box I suppose..

Do you have a fat PS3? TLOU has a tendency to make it run super-hot.
Have you tried any other games?

Do you have a fat PS3? TLOU has a tendency to make it run super-hot.
Have you tried any other games?
I have the slim (middle model) PS Move bundle 300gb ps3. I got worried that my disc drive was failing. I was also getting mad it wasn't working, so I put in GTAV to play some online to go hill hopping to have some fun, and not only was the PS3 quiet like a large jungle cat stalking it's prey, GTA:O loaded right up no problems.

Quoting myself to double post, to potentially bring this to more peoples attention. That's double bad. That makes it good, right? In any case, this will be the last time. If I can't get help here, then all hope is lost. FOREVERRRR

Quoting myself to double post, to potentially bring this to more peoples attention. That's double bad. That makes it good, right? In any case, this will be the last time. If I can't get help here, then all hope is lost. FOREVERRRR

Try playing the game on their console, and if you have the same problem, it's the disk. If not, something is wrong with your console.

It sounds like a disk problem though, simply because it's unlikely that your system would have this specific problem with this specific game at that specific point; it should be doing similar things with other games if there was an issue.

OgaKratos

The Last of Us is a beautiful game. I was so emotionally invested in the story all through. That intro. My God! I dropped the controller afterwards and was inconsolable for some time. In fact I didn't go back to the game until I finished GTA 5's story mode. I then restarted the game from the beginning. The game is perfect. Warming up to Ellie was beautiful which is why I think the ending is perfect. I actually responded "yes" to Ellie's question in real life before Joel did. What would you do if she was your daughter?

OgaKratos

I had this problem crop up once in my playthrough. The screen suddenly faded to black before a cutscene. Restarting the console solved it for me though.

Try playing the game on their console, and if you have the same problem, it's the disk. If not, something is wrong with your console.

It sounds like a disk problem though, simply because it's unlikely that your system would have this specific problem with this specific game at that specific point; it should be doing similar things with other games if there was an issue.
I had this problem crop up once in my playthrough. The screen suddenly faded to black before a cutscene. Restarting the console solved it for me though.
Thanks for the replies. The disc seems fine, when I first got it it had some smudges, but I took care of that. No other disc gives me any troubles. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will try to clean it again, using a series of microfiber cloths, and then hope for the best. In fact, this is the first major problem I've had with my PS3 :\ The disc drive is louder than normal almost immediately after I put the disc in. I even checked the top of the disc for debris, or anything that could potentially throw the weight distrobution of the disc off, and nothing :( I plan on trying the game out on a friend's PS3 if nothing else works...and then go from there..

Andrew.

Banned
Im fighting myself to not play this again (for 20th time or so) before Remastered comes out, but it's a month and a half away and there's fuck all coming out and I really wanna hear what it sounds like with the Gold headset.

Erggghhhhh

Im fighting myself to not play this again (for 20th time or so) before Remastered comes out, but it's a month and a half away and there's fuck all coming out and I really wanna hear what it sounds like with the Gold headset.

Erggghhhhh
Well Ijust wanna play this for the first time before remastered comes out, with the Pulse headset :(

I have two options left. Digital, or trying multiple other copies.

Andrew.

Banned
Well Ijust wanna play this for the first time before remastered comes out, with the Pulse headset :(

I have two options left. Digital, or trying multiple other copies.

Get a hard copy! The sound is excellent through the regular Pulses. When you're finished, just trade it towards the remaster.

Trophy question

I've finished my second playthrough on Survivor+ and I'm still missing a few upgrades on For emergencies only (fully level up all weapons). Is there a chapter where you get alot of parts so you can upgrade the weapons?

I'm missing 445 parts on Flamethrower, Shorty and El Diablo.

Any ideas? Do I have replay once again or is there a simpler way...?

Top Bottom