• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter

Come at me bro!

ib0yXuL0JKQvYz.jpg

(I played H2 under a different GT)

Forge save and quit does not count.

Akai__

I want to see those OG Halo 3 and Halo 3 1080p screenshots side by side. 343i please.

I'm totally okay with direct feed footage, too. :p

Chitown B

uQYxnkn.png

Worth it

holy shit. I played every night for 3 years in H3 and I still only had about 4500 games. Were you employed during that time?

edit: just saw the 27099 person. shit.

I've got all but one of the Halo FPS achieves, including H2 Vista. Last night I got Never Tell Me the Odds! and That Just Happened. Now all I need is Speed Reader on Halo CEA and I'm all done and waiting for MCC.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nope, theatre mode screenshots are rendered in a way higher resolution and then downgraded to 1080p, this way they got a really good iq without much alaising

I've heard this before but what's the source of the info? Do we know what resolution? Also with a competent AA solution I would hope it would look similar.

NOKYARD

edit: just saw the 27099 person. shit.
Nutter isn't being salty. Just preventing me from pulling one over on the newest boarders of the hype train.

Those numbers are typical for prolific forgers in Halo 3. Without a Phasing option available in H3, precisely placing or floating a single forge item typically took 8 to 10 save 'n quits, each counting as a distinct game. A map like this would count for 500 to 600 of those 27099 games, and took several weeks to complete.
iQiXgGjrJWEMW.jpg

In contrast, i built the "Spiritual Successor" to that map in Halo 4. It took an afternoon and around 10 to 12 save 'n quits.
iXf4zbQWH52O7.png

My actual H3 numbers: Total Games (Ranked & Social) : 4309 Total EXP: 4385 Highest Skill (Ranked) : 46

BlackJet

Not expecting any kinect integration in MCC but smartglass might happen. Halo 5 should definitely have both. They have said it many times, it will use Xbox One to fullest. And not just graphics wise, but all the feature it offers. It will be interesting to see what they can do.

I see. Honestly I can't think of a good way in which the kinect could be used. The only things I can see being utilized would be the microphone or smartglass.

I would love to see smartglass being used as a sort of second screen similar to the Wii U game pad, and maybe interact with kinect in some way. I guess we'll see when Halo 5 is released.

Does anyone know if the MCC will include something similar to Bungie Favorites? I really missed that feature in Reach and 4. I just find the file browser to be full of nothing but crap.

HTupolev

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Not been following this regularly but do we know if our statistics/ranks will carry over?

I don't think so. Everyone will start from scratch in my understanding. It will have its own ranking system. Mostly inspired from Halo 2-3. Average players will be differentiated from skilled within few days. But obviously, whatever you do in MCC will be added to your Halo Waypoint career, But I don't think it will be added to your Halo 2,3, 4 etc. careers. It will have its own page. At least this is what I think.

dwells

I wish we could get some more technical details about the rendering, net code, etc.

I really hope Halo 2 MP/classic graphics mode sees a major boost from what was demoed so far of it running at native 1080p with little to no antialiasing or anisotropic filtering and original Xbox assets. I know the Xbox One isn't the most powerful console in the world, but I would hope it could handle 4K > 1080p downsampling with 16xAF with forced high LOD H2V assets. I mean, my mid-range PC in 2007 ran Halo 2 Vista flawlessly and looking drastically better than what we've seen so far.

Work in progress, I know. Just a bit concerned.

btags

I wish we could get some more technical details about the rendering, net code, etc.

I really hope Halo 2 MP/classic graphics mode sees a major boost from what was demoed so far of it running at native 1080p with little to no antialiasing or anisotropic filtering and original Xbox assets. I know the Xbox One isn't the most powerful console in the world, but I would hope it could handle 4K > 1080p downsampling with 16xAF with forced high LOD H2V assets. I mean, my mid-range PC in 2007 ran Halo 2 Vista flawlessly and looking drastically better than what we've seen so far.

Work in progress, I know. Just a bit concerned.

When have they shown classic halo 2 multiplayer running on the xbox one? Also, I very much doubt they will have it downsampled from 4k, that would just be a waste of bandwidth that they most likely cannot afford.

Caayn

I've still got the Halo 2 LE box. That thing is super sexy to this day.
Forget the box, think of the awesome manual that was in the LE edition.
When have they shown classic halo 2 multiplayer running on the xbox one? Also, I very much doubt they will have it downsampled from 4k, that would just be a waste of bandwidth that they most likely cannot afford.
I don't know how much extra resources the anniversary engine is consuming when it's in stand-by. But Halo 2 on 4K is peanuts.

Still don't own an Xbox One. I am hoping for a special console/bundle announcement at Comic Con this month, or Gamescom next month.

If there isn't a Halo MCC Xbone, I hope the white Sunset Overdrive console rumor comes true.

dwells

I'm going off the official media screenshots they released. Rendering H2 in 4K should be a cinch for any remotely modern hardware. This is a game designed for what was a mid-spec PC in 2001.

I don't know how much extra resources the anniversary engine is consuming when it's in stand-by. But Halo 2 on 4K is peanuts.

Yeah, especially in the context of multiplayer where there is no Anniversary engine.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm going off the official media screenshots they released. Rendering H2 in 4K should be a cinch for any remotely modern hardware. This is a game designed for what was a mid-spec PC in 2001.

Yeah, we won't be doing that, for about a hundred reasons that include the frame buffer switch. And it wouldn't really be a cinch regardless, there's more afoot than simply turning up the settings. I'm sure it would be possible. But it ain't happening. However, I saw little tiny gaps in the jungle canopy on Halo 3 that weren't visible before. As I was doing that whole, "ooh look up at the sun through the trees" thing you do on Halo games.

And the water on an unannounced H2A MP map looks even better than it did last time I got too excited about water.

dwells

Yeah, we won't be doing that, for about a hundred reasons that include the frame buffer switch. And it wouldn't really be a cinch regardless, there's more afoot than simple turning up the settings. I'm sure it would be possible. But it ain't happening. However, I saw little tiny gaps in the jungle canopy on Halo 3 that weren't visible before. As I was doing that whole, "ooh look up at the sun through the trees" thing you do on Halo games.

I meant a cinch as in strain-on-hardware as opposed to development effort. Every video card I've thrown H2 Vista at has churned through it without breaking a sweat.

Since downsampling out of the question, is anything else planned for image quality, particularly in regard to texture filtering and anti-aliasing? Or is what we see in those H2 Classic Ascension screenshots what we should expect?

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, we won't be doing that, for about a hundred reasons that include the frame buffer switch. And it wouldn't really be a cinch regardless, there's more afoot than simply turning up the settings. I'm sure it would be possible. But it ain't happening. However, I saw little tiny gaps in the jungle canopy on Halo 3 that weren't visible before. As I was doing that whole, "ooh look up at the sun through the trees" thing you do on Halo games.

And the water on an unannounced H2A MP map looks even better than it did last time I got too excited about water.

Do you count Zanzibar as unnanounced? I mean you confirmed it here, but no official word on it

Frankie's getting hyped for water again.

NOW it's a party.

NH Apache

Banned
Still don't own an Xbox One. I am hoping for a special console/bundle announcement at Comic Con this month, or Gamescom next month.

If there isn't a Halo MCC Xbone, I hope the white Sunset Overdrive console rumor comes true.

Same. I'll even hold off on my destiny purchase for a MCC Xbone.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I meant a cinch as in strain-on-hardware as opposed to development effort. Every video card I've thrown H2 Vista at has churned through it without breaking a sweat.

Since downsampling out of the question, is anything else planned for image quality, particularly in regard to texture filtering and anti-aliasing? Or is what we see in those H2 Classic Ascension screenshots what we should expect?

Ascension IQ is already substantially improved since E3, including anti-aliasing.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Halo 3 with improved FOV and texture filtering
RNY0MS4.png

I'm more excited to play Halo 3 with dedis than I am Halo 2. Any idea if we'll be able to port over our Forge maps saves from the original game Frankie?

I know Halo 3 isn't being remade/remastered, but are we going to see changes other than "only" a bump to 1080p? Something akin to turning up the settings on a PC game like better AF and draw distance, stuff that would already be built into the standard game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom