• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(@ ´ `)b Dragon Poker thread of ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH (iOS/Android, JP) d( ´ `@)

Antialias

Sounds fantastic.

I think this isn't going to be a many-runs dungeon just because the music is crap. At least the wild beasts event had a swingin' themetune.

That's the nice thing about the points format, it lets me get 700 points on the first attempt and then never touch the dungeon again. Perfect.

Emalde

I think this isn't going to be a many-runs dungeon just because the music is crap. At least the wild beasts event had a swingin' themetune.

You get the hell out, the music in this dungeon is probably the best in the game :mad:

Also this dungeon is one of the easiest ones to come out in a long time, so just on that merit it's worth running more.

Well the wall of noise at the beginning of the boss fight isn't particuarly endearing, but I do like how it mixes the pre-boss theme (which is pretty great).

Hmm? What do you think about it? Legit? :eek:

There was another one called Poker & Dragons by another developer but according to the reviews, it doesn't even work.

Was being sarcastic. I would try it out if I had any room left on my phone. I could get bluestacks, try it out and report back.

Edit: Well, looks like I DO have enough space, POKER AAAWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Edit 2: Oh god, OH GOD! Same map select look and the same sound when monsters appear. Music sucks balls

Edit 3: Same magic circle appears for boss fights, same interface, the announcer sounds like it was put through some fillers and the way the background image moves as you "walk" between waves is the same. HAHA.

Edit 4: Game froze, same end results screen as Dragon Poker. Can't even reset my phone, gotta take the battery out.

Marvelous

Was being sarcastic. I would try it out if I had any room left on my phone. I could get bluestacks, try it out and report back.

Edit: Well, looks like I DO have enough space, POKER AAAWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Edit 2: Oh god, OH GOD! Same map select look and the same sound when monsters appear. Music sucks balls

Edit 3: Same magic circle appears for boss fights, same interface, the announcer sounds like it was put through some fillers and the way the background image moves as you "walk" between waves is the same. HAHA.

So everything is the same except the music? I wonder if the original developers gave this Mybo group the 'ok' to do this. o.o

Edit: Ouch at the hard freeze.

Saprol

That artwork is awful.

jr18vtK.png

So everything is the same except the music? I wonder if the original developers gave this Mybo group the 'ok' to do this. o.o

Edit: Ouch at the hard freeze.

It's the "same" as in the way it's all looks similar with none of the polish and done all in flash. Screens coming soon.

So there's a collab with Dragon League, Asobism's other major app, going on next week. Looks like it's one of those things where you do things in one game in order to unlock stuff in the other.

Finish 1 mission = get stones
Finish 5 missions = get FIRE MIMIC (this was a deprecated mechanic)
Finish all missions = get White-clad Angel Pinoko, an SS card

I can't even play dragon poker! This is a terrible time for the game to up and break on me.

Well, I bought a new SD card for my phone and now I'm fine. Feels good.

I don't think Emalde mentioned it here (but most players are on IRC anyways) but we been working on an English wiki for the game since Japanese ones are largely awful and not in English.
http://dragonpoker.padherder.com/Main_Page

It's missing most of the guide material, but that stuff took a lot of effort to initially write and is now outdated to various degrees, so it'll slowly make its way in.

Emalde

Rollability rating for the week-long gacha:

Red: Pearl is god-damn amazing, Nana is one of the best claw attackers, and Garnet is the best slash-sub in the game.
Blue: Lapis is mediocre but at least has aoe status recovery, Yomi is a top tier slash attacker, Beryl is a really solid slash attacker.
Green: Peridot is always important, Monica is a great healer and one of the few means of boosting AGI, Jade is essentially what Jeanne wanted to be pre-nerf.

Basically, you can't go wrong at all. Dump all of your stones into individual colors as needed or 40 rolls, go absolutely nuts. All of the gem sisters are pretty much some of the best subs in the game, the only "bad" card here is Lapis and she is still a decent blue healer at SL6-7.

v2.0.9 dropping tonight; adding a "Rear Impact" feature (lol).
http://www.4gamer.net/games/197/G019768/20140711023/

Basically chasin' after that Monstrike dosh. Now in addition to pubqueuing and friend invading, you can now rear impact sessions of players in physical proximity of you. Three times per day, your session can come with the benefit of:
1. Eliminating stamina consumption for the rest of the run
2. Activating SP boost
3. Activating a random guerilla boost

Like for friend sessions, you can also start private parties for physical friends only.

Also while I'm here check out this nutso 0-stone run of 28* Odin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2rgTw7InLDU

Dungeon is fucking stupid at that difficulty, all for a 33% chance for a Queen Fairy treasure.

Fogo

Neo Member
I'm having trouble getting the APK for 2.0.9. Does anyone have a good method for getting the APK from google play with a US region locked device? Everytime I use an APK downloader and install it, i end up with version 2.0.8 even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game on my android device.

The servers, they are deeeeeaaaaaddd. Zombie players playing cards, hands being played twice in a row, skill-ups not skilling up. By far the best patch, free stuff/10 would receive more gifts.

shinjijai

Referrals are kinda whacked out due to the low rate of new English player acquisition. Somebody in chat should be able to hook you up though.

do you want the referral bonus? let me know and i'll add you as the referrer, it doesn't bother me that i won't get referral bonus in the future. let me know your id.

Pubbies: now stupid in Ace League too

yeah sure SG that Claire I'm sure it's better than the unguaranteed Gorilla and Jeanne just a feeling

Fogo

Neo Member
Pubbies: now stupid in Ace League too

yeah sure SG that Claire I'm sure it's better than the unguaranteed Gorilla and Jeanne just a feeling

Haha, yeah I saw a lot of that in King league as well. It's like there's a lot of people out there who just jump in without really learning how to play the game or at least, how the basic mechanics work. All I know is I gotta level up my entire deck before I try king league again.

Haha, yeah I saw a lot of that in King league as well. It's like there's a lot of people out there who just jump in without really learning how to play the game or at least, how the basic mechanics work. All I know is I gotta level up my entire deck before I try king league again.

Didn't run into those people too often in PvP but they could be a little aggravating more so when the whole team has their heads in the sand. While a bit frustrating, I find the ones in dungeons, mostly event dungeons, to be the dumbest and most fun. When you got the boss in the bag only to have the lowbie panic and skill guarantees a level 2 shield stealing the sure kill in an attempt to save themselves only to just die anyway, I find that kind of fun. Even more when they stone to revive and the team just silently agrees, for whatever reason, to match nothing up and let them go into panic mode again to finish the boss.

Emalde

I guess now is as good a time as any to bump the thread? Nyanko Collab event is back, which again makes it the best time to be playing the game as it remains The Best Event In The Game.

you doubted me until the very end

Seriously though Catfort is amazeballs as far as both EXP/stamina and feeder materials go. Now is a great time to start playing, especially with the 3.5m download event going on.

Fogo

Neo Member
Did they start a new season of colosseum this week? It seems like they are revamping the way the ranking works in this new ladder by getting rid of BP standings completely.

Fogo

Neo Member
Enhance cards nerfed while in colosseum (Update: At SL7 Power-Up now 1.35x, AOE now 0.6x, Repeat now 0.6x)

Holy crap, that is one serious nerf to enhancement cards. And I just got Peridot not too long ago either.

Android APK

2.1.2 Patch Notes

- Treasure screen overhaul: there's a whole lot more shit there now, lots of new things to collect
- Entitlement system added: Fulfill ~certain conditions~ in-game to earn entitlements. They can be set on your profile
- Secret missions added: Get spiffy rewards for completing hidden objectives!
- Card priority changed: :siren: Skill guarantee now has priority over super fusion :siren:
- Charm status changed: Now, only a random number of cards will be hidden by hearts
- Subskill bug fixed: You can now safely equip subcards in any order you want to again

Also, Aria's weaknesses are Claw and Seal

Yaari

A little bump for this thread. Found out about this game because of Azusa. Today is the last day you can register for the pre-opening. That includes an opportunity to roll a free SS character. I've got no idea how relevant those are in this game, but if you plan on playing, I suggest grabbing the free extra stuff.

The game apparently launches in a few days.

http://dragonace.magicboxasia.com/

As for rolling a SS tier character;

You can roll several times on the Gacha, but once you accept a character, you are stuck with it.
I have a fake facebook for all these mobile games, and you can do more rolls if you share some add for the game on there. So that worked out well.
If you run out of rolls you can make a new account within a minute, and the same facebook page will still work.

I don't know how relevant the card is but it did not take me much time so whatever.

Most off the SSes from the Dragon Ace rerolling are mediocre by the time you hit midgame, so don't sweat if you fail to get one. Same with the extra prizes from the other gachas.

Top Bottom