• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Watch Dogs AKA Legit trolling sim 2014.

EmpReb

Banned
I got a PS4 a week ago and played it mostly for the destiny beta but I got $10 copy of Watch Dogs through the deal Gamestop had if you got a new PS4 watch dogs was $10 bucks. Since the PC reviews pretty much said.... NOPE(IE graphics and silly UBIsoft things for PC) I never got it for my Gaming PC but I though why not since it reviewed decently overall for PS4 and Jim over at the escapist liked it.

I never though you could have so much fun with the fixer contracts. I mean love all the hacking stuff but the ability to dive into someones game or have the reverse done to you is a surprisingly VERY fun thing have as a gameplay mechanics. I have had so many lol moments from just 2 strait hours of trying to mess with someone game. One my favorite Contracts was running around a small building near a small stream with the other guy looking for me like mad why I was just trying not to get caught. I knew the rage that was on the other controller and it was amazing.

The funny thing is right after that 100% Trailing Contract I got invaded but in the funnest of ways. I saw someone yanking someone out of a car. I though "that is interesting.... OH SHIT!" And then the alert started and we had a crazy car chase. He died in the end.

But to think you can be walking along and BAM this fun instant chaos can happen any time is just crazy fun and the trolling is pretty fun too when you ghost someone and they are looking everywhere for you. Trolling sim 2014 for me and I think most of my time in Watch Dogs is going to running around doing fixer contracts for the lols and the crazy moments.

8bit

Knows the Score
I felt I was being trolled by the game itself.

Trying to complete a mission? LOL no, there's a guy over here raping kittens. You should really deal with that, you horrible monster.

Razlo

I had a ton of fun hacking and trailing people. I also didn't have an issue with options popping up during missions. If I wanted to get side tracked, I did and if not, I just ignored it.

Unpopular opinion, but I loved the game, just clicked for me.

EmpReb

Banned
I had a ton of fun hacking and trailing people. I also didn't have an issue with options popping up during missions. If I wanted to get side tracked, I did and if not, I just ignored it.

Unpopular opinion, but I loved the game, just clicked for me.
Sames. I for $10 bucks(deal when getting a PS4) its way more fun than Infamous Second son. I always start hacking some else games when I get bored with my game. So crazy what happens every time or what the other guys are doing while you are doing your thing.

Qassim

I enjoyed it a fair amount too - it's standard Ubisoft open world design and it's very obvious, and that is quite annoying for me (it takes you out of the game when you realise all the side missions from AC, Far Cry and Watch_Dogs follow a very specific design template).

But nonetheless I enjoyed it. The open world didn't compel me to hang around and explore, but the campaign and the core mechanics of the game were satisfying. It looked pretty too (PC).

elektrixx

Banned
I liked it too and I'm with you on the online play. I enjoyed it a lot. It's thrilling staying hidden while someone else is desperately trying to find you.

I felt underpowered at the start of the game so I did a whole lot of side missions before going on with the story. I think that's part of why I enjoyed it more.

SJRB

Gold Member
If there's one narrative-related tip I can give, it's try to collect all the burner phones before you finish the main campaign.

funkypie

Banned
i can always tell when someone is in my game these days. I drove off fast and hid behind a create pretending to be afk, then just shot the guy when he came round to hack me as you need line of sight.

he messaged me abuse, it was funny, he told me watch dog isn't camping cod.

the times i was getting hacked though, I always found the guy, think i've lost once in the entire time.

EmpReb

Banned
i can always tell when someone is in my game these days. I drove off fast and hid behind a create pretending to be afk, then just shot the guy when he came round to hack me as you need line of sight.

he messaged me abuse, it was funny, he told me watch dog isn't camping cod.

the times i was getting hacked though, I always found the guy, think i've lost once in the entire time.
Yeah, its an art to sneak up on someone. You really have to learn the art of being an AI. Tricky than it sounds.

Derpcrawler

In my case 8 out of 10 invasions I try, is someone farming XP/rankings sitting in that damn underground garage with grenade launcher. All they do is spam slow time, and when you see it doesn't work, that means you got invaded. And since no NPCs go through those spots (underground garage) and it has only 2 entrance points if they sit in the middle, it's impossible to hack them.

The design is truly retarded, people reported this in beta, Ubisoft just ignored all those issues. I am not sure if I spoiled anything for you, but you can try it yourself, sit somewhere in open area with no NPCs, spam slow time (quickly toggle on/off) and when it stops working it means you are getting invaded either tailing or hacking. Also sometimes invaders spawn in the bikes, while NPCs never ever ride bikes. Another give away - limited draw distance, grab a sniper rifle and look in distance, if you see single person without anything around - it's a player, draw distance is really low in WD. Also when you are getting invaded, use grenade launcher on everything, any player even remotely close to detonation will be "marked", you don't even have to use your phone, just spam grenades at everything and you will get invader marked. As I said, it was all known and reported in beta, Ubi just ignored it.

Top Bottom