• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Spine_Ripper
(07-29-2014, 04:26 AM)
So the big surprise wasn't TLOU movie teaser, UC4 gameplay, or a freebie to take home. It was a deleted scene acted out. It was from AFTER the final scene in the game. In the scene, Ellie is in her room at Tommy's place, listening to her iPod/CD player etc. Joel enters the room and wants to talk to Ellie. He brings out a guitar and sings a song(Troy Baker played the guitar AND sang in the voice. Fucking amazing). Joel shares a joke that he tells Ester, a woman he's now dating from the camp, with Ellie. "What's the bad thing about eating a clock? It's time consuming." They laugh, Joel leaves the room, and Ellie strums a string. End scene, end journey...perhaps.

Also, we got a free copy of Gustavo's recent CD and the cool German exclusive steel book. What an amazing night. :)
FTF
Goodbye to Joel and Ellie…hello to Ellie solo.
Firecrest

Originally Posted by Palocca

Neil also said before the scene is a goodbye to Joel and ellie.

Hmm... a goodbye to Joel AND Ellie? Perhaps wordplay, and it's a goodbye to the duo?

Ellie IS sitting by herself in that concept art...
DidntKnowJack
Maybe that scene is part of some more single player dlc for the remaster...?
Dio Brando
(07-29-2014, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by OneEyedKing

What if the scene was fully completed and will appear after the credits in Remastered?!?!?!?

:(

OMG
Cloudy
Banned
I bet this scene will be in the remaster. Relax, people
jett
This scene is like two steps above fan fiction, being inspired by fan art. :P

This is the best news. These characters don't need to be explored any further, TLOU ends on a perfect note.
dmr87

Originally Posted by Facism

please tell me there's somewhere i can watch this, didn't even know about it :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhT9gbmOtw

There are SPOILERS everywhere
Messi

Originally Posted by ProvenDeadly

Guys, I was at the event. Maybe the other guy (can't remember name as I'm typing) I'm not sure if the scene is 4 years after the game ended, it seems like it was really soon after. He described it pretty well

TLDR

Ellie is still a bit distant, Joel sings her a song that was obviously intended for sarah, it ends with ellie a playing a bit.

Man, Joel is all kinds of fucked up in the head.
CMojicaAce

Joel has been killed by the Fireflies and Ellie sings the exact same song Joel sung right before going Rambo on all of them. (Wild prediction)
henhowc
FYI Neil asked that any videos not be posted. Well Geoff said that on Neil's behalf that is.
KINGofCRA5H
HYPERVENTALATING
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants

Originally Posted by Spine_Ripper

So the big surprise wasn't TLOU movie teaser, UC4 gameplay, or a freebie to take home. It was a deleted scene acted out. It was from AFTER the final scene in the game. In the scene, Ellie is in her room at Tommy's place, listening to her iPod/CD player etc. Joel enters the room and wants to talk to Ellie. He brings out a guitar and sings a song(Troy Baker played the guitar AND sang in the voice. Fucking amazing). Joel shares a joke that he tells Ester, a woman he's now dating from the camp, with Ellie. "What's the bad thing about eating a clock? It's time consuming." They laugh, Joel leaves the room, and Ellie strums a string. End scene, end journey...perhaps.

Also, we got a free copy of Gustavo's recent CD and the cool German exclusive steel book. What an amazing night. :)

<3
robotrock

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

Probably that if there's a TLoU2 then Joel and Ellie won't be involved.

Probably! I'd be pretty happy about that. Surprised they won't tackle the older Ellie angle though.
TheWorthyEdge

Originally Posted by Cloudy

HEIL PALOCCA!
xAniki88
Banned
stupid question i think
but, that scene was made by the actors? or it was somekinf of prerendered stuff?
CriterionDog
OH MY GOD. THE CONCEPT ART. IT WAS REAL?!
TetraGenesis
Guys, I don't want to say goodbye! I don't want a Last of Us without Joel and Ellie!

The Last of Us is Joel and Ellie!
Brian_FETO

This doesn't necessarily mean it's a goodbye to the characters, the wording might mean it's goodbye to the pairing of Joel and Ellie Ellie solo sequel confirmed, it's a Crash reskin
everyday math

I wish that was in the game.
Juan29.zapata
(07-29-2014, 04:28 AM)
At least we won't have to suffer seeing either of one suffer in the hypothetical sequel, right guys?
TheLostBigBoss

Originally Posted by Cloudy

People already have the Remastered edition. So it would have been leaked already.

Unless of course it's in that Day 1 patch, but what are the odds of that...

Pretty fucking high is what I would say
HassanJamal

You lucky lucky man.
Alienous

Joel should be a stand up comic.
t0rment
i need to see this. pls nd.
VisceralBowl

Originally Posted by TetraGenesis

Guys, I don't want to say goodbye! I don't want a Last of Us without Joel and Ellie!

The Last of Us is Joel and Ellie!

JELLIE
Darknight

What if the scene was fully completed and will appear after the credits in Remastered?!?!?!?

What if we have to beat the game in Grounded Mode with one hand tied behind your back to unlock it????
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants

Originally Posted by everyday math

Now I wish this is in game as a hidden scene in the Remastered that may be played after the credits once you finish all difficulty levels.
chadboban
Really hope we get to see this scene, in some form or the other.
Jigolo
Banned
Neil please
TetraGenesis
(07-29-2014, 04:29 AM)

Originally Posted by FTF

Goodbye to Joel and Ellie…hello to Ellie solo.

That's what I've started to think as my mind catches up to MY EMOTIONS.
loaf of bread

This is what I was thinking but unless everyone who has it early hasn't seen it or are keeping it secret its probably not happening :(
One-Shot
So any apologies to Geoff about how he was exaggerating? lol
gotstrangepowers

AKyemini already beat it on grounded, so no.
brandonh83
Please no more Joel and Ellie. Sure, I didn't really like them much, but even if I did I would think the way the first game ended and developed their characters really said all it needed to say.
jett

Originally Posted by everyday math

hell no, ending is perfect.
matrixman92
people have had the remaster for quite a bit now...if it was in it, it would have leaked
Gaz_RB

Originally Posted by One-Shot

So any apologies to Geoff about how he was exaggerating? lol

I already wrote him an apology letter.
Facism

Originally Posted by dmr87

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhT9gbmOtw

There are SPOILERS everywhere

Darlin' i dun care I've completed the ps3 version 6 times. Cheers for the link :)

So fucking itchy about grabbing a ps4 this weekend :O
Nightengale
Untalkative_Bunny
(07-29-2014, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by matrixman92

people have had the remaster for quite a bit now...if it was in it, it would have leaked

unless day one patch.
sjay1994
Banned

Ending only unlocks after grounded new game plus no deaths playthrough.
Shock_Wave
Gbraga

Originally Posted by CMojicaAce

Joel has been killed by the Fireflies and Ellie sings the exact same song Joel sung right before going Rambo on all of them. (Wild prediction)

So what, is that song Rules of Nature or something?
SolidSnakex

Originally Posted by robotrock

Probably! I'd be pretty happy about that. Surprised they won't tackle the older Ellie angle though.

I think much like with Ish, he doesn't want to mess with what peoples perception of those characters are. Its best to just leave them where they're at and move forward.
everyday math

Originally Posted by jett

Secret ending!
Cloudy
Banned

I was under the impression the scene was actually game footage and not acted out
One-Shot

Day 2 patch!
Alienous

Originally Posted by jett

Would've been a cool 100%-er reward.
Messi
It was hilarious to see how quickly people turned on palocca and then turned back lol