• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

I just started Final Mix the other day. I figured if I am going to get KH3, I should beat the others. I am currently in Aladdin's World. I chose shield and got rid of sword, and I left at night. The game is pretty good, although there are some noticeable flaws (not knowing where to go, camera).

XJF

I just started Final Mix the other day. I figured if I am going to get KH3, I should beat the others. I am currently in Aladdin's World. I chose shield and got rid of sword, and I left at night. The game is pretty good, although there are some noticeable flaws (not knowing where to go, camera).

The camera is pretty bad. One of the worst imo.

I'm stuck on Clayton, I hate this guy. May have to cave and grind out a few levels... Dammit. The first 2 game bosses were a cake-walk. Didn't think he'd give me so much trouble.

The camera is pretty bad. One of the worst imo.

I'm stuck on Clayton, I hate this guy. May have to cave and grind out a few levels... Dammit. The first 2 game bosses were a cake-walk. Didn't think he'd give me so much trouble.

Clayton is a fuckin nightmare on lvl 1 run.

Clayton is a fuckin nightmare on lvl 1 run.

Isn't Clayton's gun basically a hitscan weapon? Maybe not.

The real secret of that battle is to ignore the Stealth Sneak and go straight for Clayton because his attacks are tougher to dodge and he gets stunlocked amazingly easily (and, of course, because killing him ends the battle), but at Lv 1 you still die very very easily if you make even a single mistake. Best thing is to have a bunch of Mega Potions on hand if at all possible so you can use them to revive your whole party; presenting a total of three targets against Clayton is basically essential.

Andrefpvs

Got the Fat Bandit card I've been looking for for over an hour just now!

Complaining on GAF works confirmed, once again :D

XJF

I ended up caving an grinding out 3 levels where the "Black Fruit" is in Deep Jungle. During this event there's infinitely spawning monkeys. Not the best EXP but at least it's reliable. About to go stomp on Clayton..

Andrefpvs

Has anyone here gotten the Platinum trophy on re:CoM? I'm desperately in need of tips for getting Riku to level 99.

I only have 350,000 of the 1,300,000 experience needed, and it feels like I've been at it forever. Even just getting 1 or 2 levels a day, it feels like a mind numbing chore.

It's the only trophy I have left, and I would really like to have 100% on every KH title.

Right now I'm using Strong Initiative rooms and spamming triangle to kill everything ASAP. Initially I was leaving one enemy alive and running away so they would respawn, but this requires me to pay attention to what I'm doing :p

Has anyone here gotten the Platinum trophy on re:CoM? I'm desperately in need of tips for getting Riku to level 99.

I only have 350,000 of the 1,300,000 experience needed, and it feels like I've been at it forever. Even just getting 1 or 2 levels a day, it feels like a mind numbing chore.

It's the only trophy I have left, and I would really like to have 100% on every KH title.

Right now I'm using Strong Initiative rooms and spamming triangle to kill everything ASAP. Initially I was leaving one enemy alive and running away so they would respawn, but this requires me to pay attention to what I'm doing :p
IIRC Seda got the platinum for CoM llike a week after the release. Crazy!

Son Of D

I can see 2.5 being a hassle to platinum. Especially if we'll have to do Terra, Aqua and Ven campaigns 3 times for each difficulty. Plus if Square Enix is evil enough to give us KH2FM level 1 crit.

Anyway, about to start a Proud Run of KH1, is Pick Staff/Drop Sword the best option? Or will I need that extra defence from Shield?

Ultimadrago

I can see 2.5 being a hassle to platinum. Especially if we'll have to do Terra, Aqua and Ven campaigns 3 times for each difficulty. Plus if Square Enix is evil enough to give us KH2FM level 1 crit.

Anyway, about to start a Proud Run of KH1, is Pick Staff/Drop Sword the best option? Or will I need that extra defence from Shield?

The strength of your magic easily makes up for lost defense, notably later on. Plus you can craft/find "Defense Up".

So yes, Pick up Staff and Drop Sword is awesome.

iosefe

leave at dusk. you'll get Explosion really quickly

Re:CoM - Managed to finally collect all the enemy cards. With that out of the way, I'm definitely going to go for the Platinum trophy. Leveling up Riku is such a chore. ;_; I hope Proud isn't too brutal. I remember the last Axel battle gave me a hard time during my normal Standard run. :x

Re:CoM - Managed to finally collect all the enemy cards. With that out of the way, I'm definitely going to go for the Platinum trophy. Leveling up Riku is such a chore. ;_; I hope Proud isn't too brutal. I remember the last Axel battle gave me a hard time during my normal Standard run. :x

To be fair even if there is some boss that seems difficult there are tons of ways to cheese them with proper sleights. Proud in Re:CoM isn't that hard, tho it is the only mode I have played it.

aravuus

Hello all

I am also playing this video game on my Playstation 3 video game entertainment system

e: didn't realize there was an ot for this game

I'm stuck in Traverse Town......again.......just like on PS2.

What am I suppose to do exactly? I've been to every area.

First when you arrive you need to talk to Cid at the accessory shop. After that visit 2nd district to see a cutscene with a man and heartless. After that go back to the accessory shop and talk with Cid again. Go out, cutscene with Leon. After that you go to the third district (you can access it from the second district) to fight a boss.

I think that is how it goes.

Any beginner tips on how to deal with the CoM battesystem?

CP>HP most of the time when leveling up but of course there should be a balance.

When you gain CP don't just add cards and leave it at that. Remove old cards to free up some CP so you can put in good cards instead of shitty ones every level. One good and most basic way would be that after you level up change your lower value keyblade cards to higher value ones.

Remember to use enemy cards on every encounter. There is no reason not to and it makes your life much easier.

Always try to start a sleight with a premium (yellow value) card or a partner card since you can't reload them anyway.

When you do start a sleight with a normal card do so with a small value one.

I dunno what else to say. I'm not really an expert on CoM either.

Edit: as for when making rooms try to balance it so you have cards of every colour on hand and use the smallest possible value you have. Using 0 cards is perfectly fine if you are starting to get a lot of them since they are useless when you encounter a door with a total value you need to bring down so don't go over like 4 value with normal cards if you are starting to have a lot of 0 cards in hand.

ALWAYS SAVE ROULETTE ROOM CARDS for an emergency when you might need a very specific room card.

Ultimadrago

Any beginner tips on how to deal with the CoM battesystem?

[Regarding Proud Mode] Sleights, Sleights, Sleights (with a couple recovery cards to ensure you don't screw up your cards by eating them all).

At Lvl. 37 use Ars Arcanum to eat through everyone.

At Lvl. 57 use Mega Flare to eat through everyone.

Beginner advice:

- On level ups I generally prioritized - Sleights whenever available > CP > HP (For Sora's Story).

- AP whenever available > HP > DP (For Re:Birth Story)

- Don't be afraid to use your CP to the brim, that's what it's there for. No reason to not make every combo count in your deck.

- Goofy is the best Sora friend card. Pushes enemies back and hits nice damage assuming you can control his spin decently. Also great for crowd control.

Donald can potentially heal, so you may want to remember that in a tight spot too.

- It may have been different for me, but I used much more physical cards than magic ones. Only non-physical cards you need to care about for the whole game's run are: Cure and Recovery Cards until you can access Mega Flare. Then you will want Mushu and Fire cards.

- Enemy cards are a personal preference. I found myself using these most: Jafar (very helpful), Boogie (helpful when you don't really need him. When you really do, you're fucked. Use this guy well before you're in danger if you decide to use him) and the Marluxia card (Godlike, but very late game). There are other very helpful ones, but I never used too many at one time, and neither should you as the Boss cards take a ton of CP to hold.

Edit: Darn you Napalm Frank, I was just typing this one up! Beaten like a Rare Truffle.

You should first do some experiments and decide what's your play style is going to be.

You can use a lot of high-numbered attack cards combined with Card Soldier or Roxas do deal a lot of fast damage.
You can use elemental cards with the Wizards to power them up.
You can use stock techniques exclusively and use cards that double their power or make them not spend any cards.

The way I organize my deck is like this:
- action cards
- item cards
- healing cards
- zero cards

Then, I put a shortcut on my last Cure. That way, I have easy access to healing and the black card (and zeroes) using the D-Pad Shortcuts, and I'll quickly use my items when I'm out of cards.

Groof

After what might've been one of the longest hiatuses I've ever taken I'm finally back to grinding synthesis stuff. Only got 2 left before the Ultima Weapon and I'm feeling pretty stoked!

Though the Pink Agaricus is going to be hell.

Kinsei

Banned
After what might've been one of the longest hiatuses I've ever taken I'm finally back to grinding synthesis stuff. Only got 2 left before the Ultima Weapon and I'm feeling pretty stoked!

Though the Pink Agaricus is going to be hell.

Are you going for the prime cap, or just the synthesis items? If you're only going to go for the synthesis items it will go by pretty quickly. Make sure you go after the one in Deep Jungle, and not the one in Atlantica.

so I recently started a playthrough of KH 1.5, and I'm at the part where i'm fighting Riku/Ansem (haven't beaten him yet though :/) this is my first time playing the Kingdom Hearts series, but I essentially already know everything about the series from when my brother played. (I.E. spoilers for most games aside from DDD are not a problem for me). I have a couple questions for you guys though. First, is there any order I should play the games in? I know there's a timeline (I.E. BBS -> KH1 -> Chain/358/2 -> 2, etc.), but is it better to play in order of release date, or does it not really matter?

Second, I have access to every KH game except BBS. Is it worth it to actually play 358/2 Days, or is it ok to just watch the "movie" in the 1.5 Remix. My brother really like Days, but I'm not sure if I want to play it at the moment.

There's going to be a gap for me while playing the series anyway, as I'm going to wait for the 2.5 Remix to come out before playing KIngdom Hearts 2, even though I own the PS2 version. I'm not really sure if that's a good decision though. I mostly want to wait so I can play through a bunch of other games I own beforehand.

posted this in the Community thread but didn't get too many answers, so I figured I'd post here as well. Any thoughts?

posted this in the Community thread but didn't get too many answers, so I figured I'd post here as well. Any thoughts?
Release order is the best if you care about the story but if as you say you are already familiar with the plot I suppose it doesn't matter. KH1->re:CoM->KH2->Days->BBS->re:Coded->DDD

Of course the more sidegamey entries CoM/Days/Coded might feel like bit too much unless you are a hc fan so you need to try out yourself if you can stand them or rather just watch the "movie" version, cutscenes on tube or skip entirely.

As for DaysvsDays movie... Days is not a good game but the story is definately better paced and presented with the gameplay in there. With Days "movie" it will be over much faster but it is kinda awkwardly presented. Calling it a movie is a huge stretch. I'd prolly try the game out first and if you decide the game is garbage just finish it via the movie.

I would definately suggest skipping the ps2 version of KH2 in favour of 2.5 since it has quite a few improvements and additional content.

Days is best played after KH2 but it isn't a huge deal to swap them around.

Release order is the best if you care about the story but if as you say you are already familiar with the plot I suppose it doesn't matter. KH1->re:CoM->KH2->Days->BBS->re:Coded->DDD

Of course the more sidegamey entries CoM/Days/Coded might feel like bit too much unless you are a hc fan so you need to try out yourself if you can stand them or rather just watch the "movie" version, cutscenes on tube or skip entirely.

As for DaysvsDays movie... Days is not a good game but the story is definately better paced and presented with the gameplay in there. With Days "movie" it will be over much faster but it is kinda awkwardly presented. Calling it a movie is a huge stretch. I'd prolly try the game out first and if you decide the game is garbage just finish it via the movie.

I would definately suggest skipping the ps2 version of KH2 in favour of 2.5 since it has quite a few improvements and additional content.

Days is best played after KH2 but it isn't a huge deal to swap them around.

thanks for the response.

That's the plan, I just hate that I have to wait until december to play 2 haha. I'm also going to try days out after I beat KH 1. I'm still stuck on that boss fight :/ Is lvl 43 too low? I keep getting him down to like a 1/4 of the green bar and then dying.

the bolded I hear people say a lot, but I'm not sure I understand it. Doesn't days chronologically come before 2? Why exactly is it best to play after?

thanks for the response.

That's the plan, I just hate that I have to wait until december to play 2 haha. I'm also going to try days out after I beat KH 1. I'm still stuck on that boss fight :/ Is lvl 43 too low? I keep getting him down to like a 1/4 of the green bar and then dying.

the bolded I hear people say a lot, but I'm not sure I understand it. Doesn't days chronologically come before 2? Why exactly is it best to play after?
As it was released after kh2 it kinda assumes you have played that one. It's kinda like watching Star Wars prequels first, it just feels wrong.

As for lvl I think around lvl 45-50 is more the norm?

As it was released after kh2 it kinda assumes you have played that one. It's kinda like watching Star Wars prequels first, it just feels wrong.

As for lvl I think around lvl 45-50 is more the norm?

hm. interesting choice to include it in the 1.5 collection, but I guess it makes sense chronologically. I might just play (or watch) it before the 2.5 version is released just so I can get that KH fix.

and I guess I'll go grind a couple levels :/ I was trying to avoid that lol

Groof

Are you going for the prime cap, or just the synthesis items? If you're only going to go for the synthesis items it will go by pretty quickly. Make sure you go after the one in Deep Jungle, and not the one in Atlantica.
Wait, what's the prime cap? What have I missed?!

Groof

It's an accessory that the Pink Agaricus drops. You need to get 100 hits on the Pink Agaricus while it is stopped to get it.
Ah just looked it up. Yeah I don't think I'll be aiming for that. I mean it'd be nice if I got it while trying for the synth items but I won't prioritize it.

so I beat the game earlier today, and let me say that final boss fight was probably the longest fight I've ever done.

the end of the game was pretty good though, and it definitely has me excited for the 2.5 collection. I'm gonna start CoM tomorrow.

Loke13

I'm so scared to play CoM I know it's going to be super repetitive lol also How the hell do I beat Xemnas? He doesn't leave much in the way of an opening.

I just got the Platinum trophy for Re:Chain of Memories (100% on all 1.5 ReMIX games, woo!). I've been playing it so much the last few weeks that I never want to play it ever again. Ugh, having to play 4 more times after the initial story + R/R is insane. Here's to hoping that 2.5's difficulty trophies stack this time. >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
Only problem I have with that room choice are the defenders. Getting counter/stunned is a massive chore. Teeming Darkness was where its at,

greyskull

Am I missing something with Re:CoM? The card mechanics continue to frustrate me. I'm tempted to just watch a cutscenes movie on youtube to get the story but I want to get through the game. I'm playing on Beginner just so I don't have to deal with hard enemies too.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's a card game disguised as an action game, not an action game disguised as a card game.

Meaning you'll more likely than not spend a shitload of time optimizing your deck, understanding how to rig cards to win and abusing sleights.

Especially abusing sleights.

TnK

I need to synthesize everything? Good the amount of grinding for materials will be insane...

Any tips? I am having trouble with serenity power already, and I have a feeling I need to get a lot of these. Plus stuff like mystery goo.

What's the second best keyblade that can be used in the game? I want something good vs sephiroth.

I need to synthesize everything? Good the amount of grinding for materials will be insane...

Any tips? I am having trouble with serenity power already, and I have a feeling I need to get a lot of these. Plus stuff like mystery goo.

What's the second best keyblade that can be used in the game? I want something good vs sephiroth.

Well it's either Diamond Dust for the raw MP or Divine Rose for melee (replaced by One Winged Angel that you get from Sephiroth).

Second best is.... Sephiroth's Keyblade :)

I usually use La Vie en Rose (Divine Rose, I think?) until I get it. Or if you're on #teamStaff you can kill the Ice Titan and get Diamond Dust.

ninja: beaten like a Rare Truffle

Ultimadrago

So you KH experts, is MP still king in KH2.5? I forgot if you still pick up/drop an item in the beginning of that one. Is it still Pick up Staff, Drop Sword? I loved how that worked out in KH1.

So you KH experts, is MP still king in KH2.5? I forgot if you still pick up/drop an item in the beginning of that one. Is it still Pick up Staff, Drop Sword? I loved how that worked out in KH1.

Shield is by far the best choise in KH2. Even more so in KH2FM. I don't think it's even up to much debate like in KH1. All that the choise affects in KH2 is the order you get abilities and Shield gets you second chance and once more (by far the most useful abilities in the game) earliest. Stats are the same no matter what you choose.

One of the lame things about KH2 is how little the weapon choise actually affects core gameplay.

Oh and you don't actually drop anything in KH2.

Top Bottom