• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Trade in values for those care:

MlpPB4y.jpg

Haines

Banned
Where should a Canadian look to get xenoblade at a reasonable price.

I understand this is probably an age old question but I gained huge interest upon hearing its basically a sp mmo and I have never played an mmo so sounds good for me

I understand this is probably an age old question but I gained huge interest upon hearing its basically a sp mmo and I have never played an mmo so sounds good for me

Nowhere I think... Looking for it too! Gamestop in the US has it for cheap(49.99$ or less with PowerUp) in stores is all I know. Any friend there?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's odd. Bestbuy shipped my copy of TLOUR last night but didn't send me a shipping confirmation or update my order status on the website until today. Nice little surprise when I came home from work. :D

It was very relieving to see that my pre-ordered game with Best Buy arrived at noon on release day. That puts me at ease regarding the entire E3 promo order of over 20 games, I hope they all come on release day like TLOU did.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Don't edge members (or whatever their program is called now) get an extra 10% or some such for trading in?

That is more than 10%. I think he used the pre-ordered promo. You get extra 30% or something. All prices are great except, he shouldn't have traded PS3 TLOU copy for 16$. They were paying 25$ for it, if you buy remastered version.

And why was Last of Us only $39 haha?

These deals are too good to be at EB

Edit. I see where 30% came from, you get more credit when traded towards the last of us.

All prices are great except, he shouldn't have traded PS3 TLOU copy for 16$. They were paying 25$ for it, if you buy remastered version.

You need to like choose a promo. Either the $24.99 thing, or the 30% extra credit thing. This would have benefited him more.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but if you don't yet have a PS4 and will be getting The Last of US, Futureshop is offering a free code for the game when you pick up a PS4. I think it starts tomorrow.

ovii

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but if you don't yet have a PS4 and will be getting The Last of US, Futureshop is offering a free code for the game when you pick up a PS4. I think it starts tomorrow.

You're sorta right. There is a specific bundle that comes with the code included in the box. I believe it's a Canadian retailer exclusive.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
And why was Last of Us only $39 haha?

These deals are too good to be at EB

Edit. I see where 30% came from, you get more credit when traded towards the last of us.

You need to like choose a promo. Either the $24.99 thing, or the 30% extra credit thing. This would have benefited him more.

Trade all the games towards something random that's coming this fall. For example Destiny. and trade TLOU towards Remastered TLOU. Then cancel the Destiny later. Win win. At least that's what I would do.

Sora_N

What's the chance of me successfully adjusting my price for PW vs Layton lol. I feel so fucked over that the base price went down. (Best buy)

Sora_N

oh crap it's 35 now? -_-

so what are my savings with my e3 order? like 3 bucks? lol

yep...

we would've been a bit better off with Amazon. savings of like $6.

I could save $5 if I did the Best Buy Promo lol...
1 Special Offer

Save $10 when you purchase any 2 Nintendo 3DS games (34.99 and up)

I just looked at my E3 preorders, I feel SUPER jipped. My preorder for Freedom Wars is $27.99 and now the retail price is $29.99.

I feel like just cancelling my orders lol, this is pretty retarded that they didn't get the right prices.

EDIT: Alright so I ordered Fantasy Life and then Layton vs Wright and the $10 discount applied...only to Layton vs Wright lol, so I got a preorder for $24.99 now. I will probably call to cancel Fantasy Life after I get Layton in the mail and confirm it's $24.99 only lol.

ohlawd

you can't cancel from BB or FS' site if a game in a multi item order has shipped, right?

k gonna cancel my EB Shinovi Versus order and get from Amazon instead. I don't care about the game all that much (only buying it for my Yomi and Hibari) so I can wait. Thanks, saving 5 bucks woot

you can't cancel from BB or FS' site if a game in a multi item order has shipped, right?

k gonna cancel my EB Shinovi Versus order and get from Amazon instead. I don't care about the game all that much (only buying it for my Yomi and Hibari) so I can wait. Thanks, saving 5 bucks woot

You can by sending an email!

kurahadol

Would Best Buy modify their discount on TLoU to reflect the new price? I remember someone in the thread mentioning they got in contact with customer service about it and that it may happen, but haven't seen anything since. Just wondering if it's even worth my time to contact them.

Would Best Buy modify their discount on TLoU to reflect the new price? I remember someone in the thread mentioning they got in contact with customer service about it and that it may happen, but haven't seen anything since. Just wondering if it's even worth my time to contact them.

One person out of a bunch got it. In a store they did it for me, I just happened to be close to one.

ovii

Bloody amazon. Haven't even shipped tlou yet. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're pure crap.

I had this problem yesterday. I later signed up for amazon student prime (free for 6 months if you have a university email). I called and asked if they can change all my pending orders to two-day shipping. Turns out they can't change it to two-day, so instead they changed it to priority which is 1-2 days. TLOU was shipped 2 hours after my call yesterday, and it's out for delivery right now.

ohlawd

buy it for jiggle wiggle and ecchi sketchy one touchy

yeh it sucks XSEED managed to get this out on a cart. I would have waited for a cheap sale on PSN :(

Bloody amazon. Haven't even shipped tlou yet. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're pure crap.

So this isn't just me? I paid for priority shipping and my order is still "In Transit" with an estimated delivery of yesterday by 8PM. Whoever I spoke to on chat last night just said that they were "sure it would be shipped in the next two days."

I ended up getting a refund for the shipping charge (which was only $3 due to it being spread out over a large E3 order), but still the only resolution was a wait and see approach.

If you're in uni, you could look up your school's buy/sell facebook page and ask for it. Someone sold me his copy for $50 and it was mint condition

Not a deal, just a concern:

I was at No Frills and went to grab a 750g Garlic Sausage that I love eating, and in the pile, there were sausages with these odd black spots. I spoke to an employee who speculates it's just charring, but it didn't look that way to me.

I grabbed one that was seemingly spot free, but is there a risk here?

ohlawd

lol @ estimated time of delivery for SV; Oct 2-8

shiet, October is legendary with other games. Don't got time for this shit!

Parapraxis

Not a deal, just a concern:

I was at No Frills and went to grab a 750g Garlic Sausage that I love eating, and in the pile, there were sausages with these odd black spots. I spoke to an employee who speculates it's just charring, but it didn't look that way to me.

I grabbed one that was seemingly spot free, but is there a risk here?

Yeah, there is a risk.
Spots under the casing or outside?
Either way, if that specific brand doesn't normally have dark spots in them (black pepper or herbs possibly) don't eat them!

Better safe than sorry.

Top Bottom