• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2: Settings

The setting: London.

The year: 2016.

The main character:

luther_chars_luther_01_web.jpg

With WatchDogs developer's story writing? They'd butcher him and it'd be awful.

But yeah, with the proper writer, I'd jump on that train.

The new game should be set in Hong Kong. Maybe they can call it Sleeping_Dogs or something.

China would actually be a fun setting.

phen0m24

Also from New Jersey: count me as a vote against.

IGN had an article asking where the sequel should be set. I say Moscow. Here's my elevator pitch:

After the problems Blume had in Chicago resulting in massive reputational damage, Blume pitches CtOS to the US Government. Because of the populace's outcry against drones and NSA and so-forth (they could even put a Snowden reference in the game) economic realities bring the company to its knees and it looks for a buyer. In steps a foreign company (or country) and having the game take place in Paris or London or HECK EVEN MOSCOW would give the sequel a really cool Jason Bourne-ish feel to it. Instead of the silly mindless "Hey I avoided police officers who suddenly can't chase me any longer because I got in a boat" sequences, the protagonist could face: corporate espionage fixers, Interpol agents, spies, etc.

It will be NY.

I was playing yesterday, and when hacking someone's phone, a conversation appeared saying something like: "I love being in NY, its better than Chi." Then I don't remember the response, but the first guy says something like: "well we don't deal with a crazy vigilant" and his friend says "Isn't the same in NY"?

Should have taken a pic of ot

sunnz

Doesn't't London have something like the most CCTVs in operation or something.

Would be great to see.

Even though Los santos ( LA) and Chicago are different in GTA and WD, they still felt quite similar. Need a new setting all together ( even something like Hong Kong would be awesome)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I agree with people, something outside of states would be a good change. GTA is already pro USA, we don't need one more franchise that does the same.

Top Bottom