• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks blu-ray officially announced: 90 MINUTES OF FWWM DELETED SCENES (Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinthetic

Gallery of my set here.

lUREqhZ.jpg

gLv4iIF.jpg

xngNsOl.jpg

H84QROa.jpg

qVtncKP.jpg

8dxxGW3.jpg

3rdman

Thank you to the one who mentioned the price at Amazon.co.uk...I just bought it for $78.39 shipped to me in the states! Easily the best deal I've seen.

I'm really interested to see this in HD...while I wait, I've stumbled upon a new Podcast called "Fire Talk With Me" from ESN.fm...

http://www.esn.fm/firetalk/

So far there have only gone through the pilot but it's actually kinda nice to listen to at least one person who has never seen the show.

Just bought my box set.

STUNNING package as you'd expect. Just watching some of the specials features, which are absolutely fantastic.

Can't wait to watch the deleted FWWM scenes

IronRinn

Received my set yesterday, and the interior packaging was completely detached from the box. Amazon sent me a replacement, and it has the same issue. Seems the glue they used dried out or something. Trying to decide if I should go for another replacement or just take a hot glue gun and glue it myself.

Chocoboko

I received my copy yesterday and decided to watch Fire Walk With Me and then started watching the missing pieces. FWWM is still great. I think I appreciate it more the more times I see it. I guess things seem to make more sense for me. I've seen it maybe five times now and I still love it. The story of the show and movie are so dark, I really can't believe it was ever on TV in the 90s.

It got me in the mood to dig through the internet to try and read as many theories and explanations on things as I can get. Can't wait to finish watching the missing pieces stuff. What I have seen so far has been great. I still find it weird that this movie received such bad reviews when it came out. I guess people were expecting closure for all characters, but what they got was completely different.

I am just in love with this set. I can't wait to really dig into it this weekend. It has been a long while since I have seen the whole show the whole way through so this will be fun to revisit.

M.Steiner

Got my box set yesterday and managed to watch the pilot before I went to bed last night. Watching the show again in glorious HD after all this time is bloody fantastic I must say, looks soo much better than I remember it doing (though it has admittedly been quite some time). Gonna continue with episode 1 tonight and then slowly work my way through the rest of the series and movie, then dive into all the extras and stuff once I'm done.
Really nice packaging too as others have said. Very happy!

Received my set yesterday, and the interior packaging was completely detached from the box. Amazon sent me a replacement, and it has the same issue. Seems the glue they used dried out or something. Trying to decide if I should go for another replacement or just take a hot glue gun and glue it myself.
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear :(
I think I'd probably risk going for another replacement if it was me. Bit of a hassle but if you've paid for something like this you shouldn't have to make do with a damaged product or have to repair it yourself. Hope you have better luck with the next copy if you choose to do that, man.

IronRinn

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear :(
I think I'd probably risk going for another replacement if it was me. Bit of a hassle but if you've paid for something like this you shouldn't have to make do with a damaged product or have to repair it yourself. Hope you have better luck with the next copy if you choose to do that, man.

I agree, I just have a bad feeling this is going to be one of those things (like the Bravely Default LE or The Witcher 2 LE) where it's just never going to arrive in one piece.

They did such a bang up job with the audio in this set. Listening to both the show and movie in surround sound is a great experience.

Maybe I am crazy but FWWM looks different from the EU Blu-ray release. The colour palette feels warmer and more in line with the TV series. At any rate it looks magnificent and it is wonderful that they decided to give the deleted/extended seems the same love and care they gave the movie.

I am almost finished with the box set. Got another 3 episodes of the TV series to go plus the special features on disc 10.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Maybe I am crazy but FWWM looks different from the EU Blu-ray release. The colour palette feels warmer and more in line with the TV series.

It's definitely different. I'm pretty sure someone earlier in the thread posted a link to a review with a bunch of comparison shots.

IronRinn

Hahaha, put in for another replacement and received this instead:

I'm sorry to hear the replacement "Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery [Blu-ray] " had the same problem as your first order. This usually doesn't happen. Since it's likely another replacement would arrive defective, I won't trouble you with another replacement.

I've requested a full refund to your original payment method in the amount of $97.36. This refund will appear as a credit on your original payment method in the next 2-3 business days. Please go ahead and return the wrong item--we'll pay for return shipping.

We hope to see you again soon.

So now if I want this thing I have to pay $119.00?

Edit: All right, called them and got another replacement. If this one has the same issue I'm just going to fix it myself.

There are numerous reports of badly glued box sets. Along with some reports of out of sync audio in the deleted scenes :/

Haven't received mine yet.

hydruxo

Weird that it's only $70 + $9 shipping on Amazon UK but it's still $120 on Amazon US. They need to step their shit up and drop the price.

I can't speak for everyone but the audio sync issue was easily fixed for me by turning off 1080p/24hz output on my PS4. I never had any issues on my standalone Blu-ray player or my PS3.

I think it may be a player or output issue and not anything with the discs themselves.

is there a specific spot on the deleted scenes that the audio sync issue is apparent?

I havent watched all of season 2 yet, and i dont want to have the issue when I watched the deleted scenes a month from now and I cant get a replacement disc anymore.

so I could throw it on and check real quick without spoiling too much (havent ever seen fire walk with me)

Daigoro

Gallery of my set [BIMG]

I asked you this question on bluray.com, but I guess you haven't seen it yet.

what did you do with the ribbon that is supposed to connect the lid to the base? did you cut it and tuck it up in the lid?

i noticed this morning that where the ribbon connects to the lid was starting to pull and rip the lining of the inside of the box. gonna have to take care of that before it gets worse.

the outer box itself is nice, but the fragile insides sucks. box set are so ****ing annoying... (unless they are amaray with replaceable parts.)

seriously though, fucking box sets. especially ones made out of glued together cardboard... these things are a nightmare.

other than that im enjoying the contents of this set a lot. it also looks very nice, but feels like its going to fall apart after a bit of use.

is there a specific spot on the deleted scenes that the audio sync issue is apparent?

I havent watched all of season 2 yet, and i dont want to have the issue when I watched the deleted scenes a month from now and I cant get a replacement disc anymore.

so I could throw it on and check real quick without spoiling too much (havent ever seen fire walk with me)

From Welcome To Twin Peaks Twitter account (@ThatsOurWaldo)

Check The Missing Pieces for Cooper's first scene, Pete & Josie and Bobby & Laura in the basement

And if you do have issues try to turn off 24p settings like suggested above.

I think my set's got the glue problems, because some things are glued while some others aren't even though they're the same kind.

But that doesn't really bother me that much.

However, something really bothers me, and it's Disc 2...ALL the other discs are really well maintained in their sleeve kinda thing, but this one...this one just goes on through when you open a space near it. I have to be careful so the disc doesn't get a scratch from that.

From Welcome To Twin Peaks Twitter account (@ThatsOurWaldo)

And if you do have issues try to turn off 24p settings like suggested above.

yah looks like mine has the issue, in the basement scene u can tell lauras voice is a little before the video, her voice stops talking and her mouth stops moving about a half second later.

ah well hopefully they reissue that disc, is it only the missing pieces disc?

edit: nevermind turning offf 1080p/24hz mode on ps4 seems to have fixed it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got my set in today and I have a glue issue as well: disc 4 just falls through its holder, it's not kept in place. That's the only loose disc though.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Opened it up and checked everything since people were complaining about the build quality and everything seems to be proper in my set.

lednerg

No one has beat Amazon UK yet.

Oh wow, this is awesome.

£41.46 - ($69.80) - "Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery [Blu-ray] [Region Free]"
£3.08 - ($5.18) - Shipping to NJ (6-10 business days)

£44.54 - ($74.99) - Total

I lost a penny there somehow, but I can manage.

Dammit, I knew I should have saved my Amazon gift card for this. Been waiting a long time to get the final pieces of the Twin Peaks puzzle.

IronRinn

Updating with my 3rd set. This one is super jacked up. Interior is not attached and the ribbon that acts as a hinge has torn apart/away from the top of the box. Guess this one is going back and I'll glue the other one. Pain in the ass.

Kurdel

Banned
Opened it up and checked everything since people were complaining about the build quality and everything seems to be proper in my set.

I had extra bit of glue at the bottom part inside, so removing it was more than just lifting cardboard.

It added to the experience.

Opened my boxset today and everything looks good but since I hate getting discs out of the cardboard holders and this set looks like it might not withstand heavy use, Im going to put the discs into my gold box and my FWWM dvd case.

Edit. Turns out I could fit all the blu ray discsminto my Gold Box which will make getting discs out easier.
Watched the Pilot tonight. It looks so good in High def and Im impressed that they even remastered the Log Lady intros in HD too.

I don't know how long the price will stay there, but you can get it for $92 on amazon currently.

I'd been waiting to order mine for less than $100, so I jumped on it.

StuBurns

Banned
My box was okay, one disc card fold was loose, a little glue fixed it.

It's really insane how the quality drops like a fucking rock the episode following the reveal of Palmer's killer.

Looking forward to the film though, I've only seen it once, and I didn't like it, but I was expecting something very different. I think I'll enjoy it more this time.

27:28, it's a wide shot, when Audrey first meets Windom.

Remember that scene. Found this online...

There is one episode in season 2 where the original negatives seem to have gone missing, so they had to fall back on videotaped footage (when Audrey meets Windom Earle in the library). There is a significant drop in picture quality but fortunately this is limited to this one episode.

Guessing it's true, as the quality was a bit ropey.

StuBurns

Banned
Finished the show, the film, the deleted scenes and the new stuff with the Palmer family.

I did enjoy the film much more this time, I knew what I was getting myself into this time, but that first half hour still feels completely pointless and slow as fuck.

Watching the deleted scenes was somewhat frustrating. A lot of people think the film is too bleak and doesn't feel like the show, and I at least agree with the second part, and watching the deleted material is surprising in that there were plenty of 'Twin Peaks-esque' levity that had been cut.

I think a fantastic Twin Peaks movie was there, they had the material, they just decided to go this other way with it that I can enjoy, but I certainly think it falls well short of what it should and could have been. If I could be bothered, I'd love to take the time to edit it myself.

I do still really want season three though, most of the cast are still ludicrously good looking.

Tattooth

I am going through and ripping the blu ray and I have found something on disc one, and I am not sure what it is.

It is 22 minutes long, and has a scene with Lucy at her home with Andy. I don't remember seeing it and it is not on the disc menu anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be, so I can label it correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom