• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STING!! Revealed as Pre-Order Bonus for WWE 2K15

aka_bueno

Doesn't being playable in WWE's game mean he already signed a contract?

I'm not sure about that. Wasn't RvD in Smackdown vs Raw 2011 while he was in TNA?

I know he had a contract signed before, for the WWE 2k15 game, where he's part of the promotion of it (which includes being in the trailer obviously). That wasn't a talent contract though.

Nothing official on the talent contract but I'm gonna go ahead and say that they have one in place and/or agreed and signed, as of the reveal of that trailer. Cause they started selling official Sting shirts on the WWE shop after that promo aired, and I doubt they'd start selling merch if they didn't have something already in place as far as the talent contract goes.

Im excited to see Sting in the game, it'll be fun playing as him.

The character models in TNA Impact looked great, but that game played like garbage.

Savitar

Doesn't being playable in WWE's game mean he already signed a contract?

No.

Remember how Savage showed up a previous game? That was a deal done by whoever has his rights and the game company itself. WWE had nothing to do with it. The game company itself can arrange some deals that the WWE might itself never touch. Same can apply to Sting. or various other wrestlers the WWE has no current dealings with but had been in the WWE at some point.

Sting has signed some sort of deal with the WWE, but what no one knows. But the fact he has licensed shirts now means something has been arranged. Can only wait and see.

Hasney

No.

Remember how Savage showed up a previous game? That was a deal done by whoever has his rights and the game company itself. WWE had nothing to do with it. The game company itself can arrange some deals that the WWE might itself never touch. Same can apply to Sting. or various other wrestlers the WWE has no current dealings with but had been in the WWE at some point.

Sting has signed some sort of deal with the WWE, but what no one knows. But the fact he has licensed shirts now means something has been arranged. Can only wait and see.

Someone in WrassleGAF noted that WWE wouldn't play an ad so again for a character that was at least on a legends deal after the Warrior one, so there's that. But yeah, uncontracted people can still be in the game.

Savitar

Someone in WrassleGAF noted that WWE wouldn't play an ad so again for a character that was at least on a legends deal after the Warrior one, so there's that. But yeah, uncontracted people can still be in the game.

That could be the deal he signed. Again the shirt is a sign of something arranged, just what no one knows. Everything is being kept hush hush, are we in for a surprise appearance? Or is this just a merchandise deal. Who can say. Nothings conclusive.

Likewise the WWE knows Sting is someone many wanted for ages and money can be made there.

Right now the WWE needs money, even if it's just a shirt deal mainly they're smart enough to know it can lead to other possible avenues as both sides come to an agreement.

But in the end, we can only wait and see.

Does Vince even have enough still to pay him his 'Sting money'? :p

The trailer got a decent pop on Raw, it was pretty cool. Until they realised it was just another f**king advert for a product on the show instead of him actually being there.

I miss Sanders Keel, his leaving and that douche nozzle Cory Ledesma taking over lead to a decline in THQ's wrestling game quality.

Wow. That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. He was great back in the day. Really engaged with the community and understood the type of experience they wanted.

Can't wait for the TNA Impact vs WWE 2K15 comparisons

tna-impact-20080414100935906-2360174_640w.jpg

For a second, I was wondering why you posted a real life picture & then I remembered TNA Impact existed.

Not only the character models were amazing, but the animation was up to par to boot.

It's not going to happen but they need a couple of great Stinger Splash animations.

I always loved the ones where he almost overshot the ropes.

hlhbk

I kind of like Triple H, but it's laughable how he takes any opportunity he can to put himself in the same bracket as Rock, Austin, Undertaker. Come on, dude. Where's that gif of Punk rolling his eyes and laughing his tits off at HHH. It's severely relevant.

You must have missed the "in character" part.

Gamescom and the roster announcement will hopefully show us the next-gen goods. Otherwise, I'm going to assume the next-gen version is getting delayed. I'm still surprised they didn't even have a trailer for E3.

night_golf

Neo Member
Gamescom and the roster announcement will hopefully show us the next-gen goods. Otherwise, I'm going to assume the next-gen version is getting delayed. I'm still surprised they didn't even have a trailer for E3.

the game might not be as incredible as we all are hoping, but there's pretty much no way they're delaying it this year with the Network stuff going on

the game might not be as incredible as we all are hoping, but there's pretty much no way they're delaying it this year with the Network stuff going on

I think there was some truth to the original rumors going around that the game would be released in March around Wrestlemania. I'm going to assume WWE pushed heavily for it to come out in the fall like it does every year. That may have hurt development and we may end up with a lower quality product because of it.

We will just have to wait and see.

Edit: Just saw those Network numbers. ouch.

njean777

I kind of like Triple H, but it's laughable how he takes any opportunity he can to put himself in the same bracket as Rock, Austin, Undertaker. Come on, dude. Where's that gif of Punk rolling his eyes and laughing his tits off at HHH. It's severely relevant.

In the wrestling world he is in that bracket. Have you seen his return video where the stadium goes completely nuts? He was a heel as well when he got injured, comes back and is cheered like there is no tomorrow.

can i have some context? and tell me why 4 heels ran away from 1 person?

They thought they were just beating up many jobbers dressed as Sting but the actual one was amongst them so when they suddenly realised one was the real Sting they freaked out cause real Sting is F**KING AWESOME.

Top Bottom