• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

Anyone else get an email about 30% off tickets for the Hyper Japan expo in London?

Yeah, unfortunately for me a friend of mine already got the tickets in advance so it's a little too late an offer for me to cash in on.
I do wonder what games they'll bring this time around.

I'd hope for most of what they have shown in France shortly before (the demos should be in English and ready) but its Nintendo UK so anything could happen (watch it be a row of MK8).

Anyway, 406 errors ruined the Mario Kart post play survey for me. Couldn't figure out the fault in the many text fields so put 406 error fix this into all of them.

Finally, I get no survey for Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain but I got one for Animal Crossing Plaza? They're both free! (it should be noted SMB DX also gave no survey if you got the free code so maybe VC games is different as it counts a promo copy while AC Plaza was a full release).

Busy day for me today with Inazuma Elven, Ghost Trick and Kirby's Epic Yarn all be registered before the cut-off.

L~A

Finally, I get no survey for Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain but I got one for Animal Crossing Plaza? They're both free! (it should be noted SMB DX also gave no survey if you got the free code so maybe VC games is different as it counts a promo copy while AC Plaza was a full release).

Because the game is downloaded automatically for pretty much anyone who have SpotPass activated, probably? Whereas the plaza needs to be downloaded manually.

And yeah, those 404 errors when doing surveys are annoying as hell. Over a year now, and still not fixed. Unbelievable.

GRW810

I don't suppose there's a hope in hell of redeeming expired points? Nintendo haven't ever given leeway have they? Discovered I hadn't registered any of my 2009 and 2010 games like DKCR and NSMBWii.

Not that it matters, the catalogue is awful. No eShop credit but can still get Nintendo Points? Why don't we get digital download games like America does every month?

Zornica

Banned
just found an unused code for old ghost trick. But Its going to expire in 9 days.
Anyone want to trade? (for another ds code maybe?)

I don't suppose there's a hope in hell of redeeming expired points? Nintendo haven't ever given leeway have they? Discovered I hadn't registered any of my 2009 and 2010 games like DKCR and NSMBWii.

Not that it matters, the catalogue is awful. No eShop credit but can still get Nintendo Points? Why don't we get digital download games like America does every month?
Nope. They were not even having it when I tried to register a code that said expired on the 9th on the 9th (i.e. the day of expiry so should still work).

But the Nintendo selects versions are on the list. Sadly I think they now count as a separate products (in the past the non select versions would register despite being expired, unless removing the foil destroys the resale value you can still give them a try).

Toaster05

I've recently got back into a Nintendo habit having picked up a Wii U and a 3DS XL along with various games. Was just wondering how frequently Nintendo refreshed their stars catalogue. I've got points saved (around 7000 now) and I'm unsure if I should pick up the soundtrack cd's or hold off for the bigger, better deal.

I'd really love the 3DS game cases as the 3rd party ones are usually quite hit and miss.

Got an error on the Tomodachi survey, I'm gonna stop doing these now.
Can't remember the last time I was actually able to submit one!
The error is probably a 406 error on the text entry fields. It doesn't like some things. No idea what those are. Just replace those with something like: fix the 406 error. If they read the feedback they might get the hint the site is buggered.

This completely skipped my mind. Here is a free Inazuma Eleven Club Nintendo code. (quote to reveal).

I only ask one thing. Reply when you have used it so that others don't waste their time trying a non-working code.

Be quick, code claims to expire on 28/7 (which in past experience means 23:59 27/7). I probably won't be around until then so if I made any typos I apologize.

Bumhat

This completely skipped my mind. Here is a free Inazuma Eleven Club Nintendo code. (quote to reveal).

I only ask one thing. Reply when you have used it so that others don't waste their time trying a non-working code.

Be quick, code claims to expire on 28/7 (which in past experience means 23:59 27/7). I probably won't be around until then so if I made any typos I apologize.

Just claimed this, thanks very much!

Shiggy

Any chance we'll get something good in the next few months? Otherwise I'll just get another one of those G&W systems and then forget about Club Nintendo.

^
so yah couple of item update:
5160-53207a465df64.png

3000 star points.
5184-52aad112684f4.png

7000 star points.

Didn't have enough to get luigi, but I think I like the cards more anyway.

Ahh man I really want those playing cards!
I'm back down to 50 stars now so by the time I get enough I bet they'll be gone again :(

Did those hanafuda cards ever get put up again?
Might just have to grab a set from eBay at this point, they looked very cool.

Ahh man I really want those playing cards!
I'm back down to 50 stars now so by the time I get enough I bet they'll be gone again :(

Did those hanafuda cards ever get put up again?
Might just have to grab a set from eBay at this point, they looked very cool.

I snatched the hanafuda cards the first time they were put up, which was years ago (2010).

And they added them again last year or earlier this year, so you never know.

For this month Mario vs. DK Mini land mayhem is expiring. Be quick it expires on the 4th. Others this months include Kirby's Epic Yarn (I'm sure the slip said last month...) and Mario Sports mix.

A PSA that next month is when launch 3DS games are dated to expire. At least their physical versions...

For this month Mario vs. DK Mini land mayhem is expiring. Be quick it expires on the 4th. Others this months include Kirby's Epic Yarn (I'm sure the slip said last month...) and Mario Sports mix.

A PSA that next month is when launch 3DS games are dated to expire. At least their physical versions...

OOoh damn.

Shiggy

I wonder if it really is the Japanese version though.

It's not, at least it wasn't in the past despite that picture.

Just ordered another Game & Watch Ball as all the other stuff is useless.

Edit: If anyone wants to exchange some other CN code for a NSMB2 code, let me know via PM.

I tried to search but came up with nothing. From the OP it seems like I have no use of my codes if I live in Sweden, but is there no way around this?

Cant I make another account, say an english one, and then use my coins and get download codes for the games or something?

Maybe I can exchange them for Nintendo points and use them on my Swedish account or something? What is even the difference between nintendo points and club nintendo coins?

I tried to search but came up with nothing. From the OP it seems like I have no use of my codes if I live in Sweden, but is there no way around this?

Cant I make another account, say an english one, and then use my coins and get download codes for the games or something?

Maybe I can exchange them for Nintendo points and use them on my Swedish account or something? What is even the difference between nintendo points and club nintendo coins?

In Europe we collect Club Nintendo stars, man, not coins. ;-)

Points are virtual money that can be used in the Wii (not Wii U or 3DS to my knowledge) Virtual Console.

Through the Stars Catalogue you can turn Stars into Nintendo Points by buying Nintendo Points vouchers, but they are "sold" in there at a rather unfair rate.

Anyway, I don't think you can create an English account. But even if you could, it's not much use since most of the stuff in the Stars Catalogue is physical. There are no download codes in there, only Nintendo Points. So Nintendo would have to ship it to Sweden and they will not do that. They might even close your account once they find out you're not actually in UK (but I have no proof of that).

The carry case seems odd. As the description suggests it is toiletries sized but I wouldn't want to some exploding shampoo or toothpaste* into such a thing.

*-Yeah I know now to seal in lunch bags to minimise damage but there is a first for everything...mint smell through suitcase, yummy...

It's not, at least it wasn't in the past despite that picture.
Could have sworn it used to a picture showing the USK symbol at one point. I really should have contacted NOE Customer support to ask them as it is not in stock now (in UK at least) to check.

In fact Mario 3D World sountrack and 2 disc Mario Galaxy soundtrack are not in stock either. Makes me wonder if I should buy Game & Watch ball sometime or be stuck buying like 5 pouches or hope something of interest comes along.

Shiggy

Could have sworn it used to a picture showing the USK symbol at one point. I really should have contacted NOE Customer support to ask them as it is not in stock now (in UK at least) to check.

Indeed they once used a picture showing the USK logo, I believe that was still with the old website. Nonetheless, the image was already changed to the Japanese version and I still received the European edition.

Apparently mine arrived today, but I'm at work. Not sure what I'm gonna store in it. probably Wii Remotes or something.

Just tested it, and even my Wii Remote + Motion Plus extension wrapped in one of those rubbery protector things fits in them...

So: plenty of room. ;-)

G.O.O.

The yoshi plushie thread failed me, so I'll ask here => any of you guys have problems logging on the stars catalogue and therefore can't order anything ? I can log on the main site but not there for some reason.

The yoshi plushie thread failed me, so I'll ask here => any of you guys have problems logging on the stars catalogue and therefore can't order anything ? I can log on the main site but not there for some reason.

Maybe that was just yesterday because of heavy traffic when everyone wanted to secure their Yoshi? I logged onto it yesterday without any problem. Just try again now and see what happens.

jimi_dini

Too many people wanting to order the plushie. It worked for me yesterday, but I had to wait almost a minute for every page to load.

Tanwo

Some weeks ago, when the Smash Bros sale was on, I bought the six Mega Man NES games for Wii U. But they don't appear on my Club Nintendo game list, while other previous eShop purchases are on the list.

Have they changed something related to Virtual Console games, or is this an error?

Some weeks ago, when the Smash Bros sale was on, I bought the six Mega Man NES games for Wii U. But they don't appear on my Club Nintendo game list, while other previous eShop purchases are on the list.

Have they changed something related to Virtual Console games, or is this an error?
VC games don't give surveys anyway*. Check on Wii U that the Club Nintendo account is still linked.

It might also just be a bug (inform customer support). Some Wii VC, WiiWare and DSiWare also don't show up.

Just checked, Fire Emblem (VC) isn't listed. Everything else I bought that day was. Guess that is another one for the bug list.

*-When they added in eShop games (and removed DSi & Wii shop surveys...I'm still waiting for them to come back "soon") VC games weren't given surveys then.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
I only need 100 pts to get the Yoshi. Have they stopped giving stars for the non-retail games? I bought Galaga and Picross e2 on the eShop this morning but neither of them are showing on my account at Club Nintendo.

jimi_dini

I only need 100 pts to get the Yoshi. Have they stopped giving stars for the non-retail games? I bought Galaga and Picross e2 on the eShop this morning but neither of them are showing on my account at Club Nintendo.

If you haven't downloaded the Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U, do that now. It will get you a 50 star survey (well hopefully, it did for me).

also

Banned

Same thing happened to me when I bought a bunch of games at once.
I emailed them about it but got no response.

G.O.O.

Maybe that was just yesterday because of heavy traffic when everyone wanted to secure their Yoshi? I logged onto it yesterday without any problem. Just try again now and see what happens.
Too many people wanting to order the plushie. It worked for me yesterday, but I had to wait almost a minute for every page to load.
I thought that aswell, but it's just like the login button didn't work for me. I tried every browser and from my cellphone, same result.

weiiiiiiiiiird.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Hurrah, got my stars for Picross e2 so grabbed Picross e3 earlier and got the stars for that. Gave me a round 5000 so a Yoshi is mine.

The Smash Bros demo thread is a clusterfuck of americans horse trading humble bundle codes for access to a demo a week early, and I suspect people are then going to try and flip them for something else.

Here are three PAL demo codes, quote to reveal, and please post if you take one - you have the reply already there to get the code, so don't be a douche about it.

Top Bottom