• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Extreme Quality Flora Mod [Trailer, download, fixes grass pop-in]

Le-mo

Maybe its just me but since I started using the mod the game has quit on me twice. No error or anything it would just exit the game by itself. Anybody has this issue?

Maybe its just me but since I started using the mod the game has quit on me twice. No error or anything it would just exit the game by itself. Anybody has this issue?

I had a few CTDs as well when I was testing it. I wasn't sure if it was a mod or the fact that I was loading some very old saves from a old version of the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I haven't had any crash issues, but I haven't done extensive testing. Do they happen consistently in one spot, or at random?

Is the music in the features video from the game? Sounds fantastic.

Yep. Track title: A Nearly Peaceful Place.

I haven't had any crash issues, but I haven't done extensive testing. Do they happen consistently in one spot, or at random?

For me, they would happen during a big load. For instance right when loading a save or when walking from the interior to the exterior of Henselt's Fort. It wasn't every single time, only occasionally.

PFD

Thank you based EatChildren for this mod. I'm replaying The Witcher 2 in anticipation of the sequel, and the Flotsam forest looks so much better with this mod. Plus there's very little performance drop on my GTX 770 @ 1440p

The LOD/draw distance on the vegetation was very distracting originally

Alric

:-( I'm sorry pc, no, I can't get install this mod yet without an upgrade. Please forgive, yes I will by witcher 3 time.

I have a 770 2gb, worth my time downloading this, or is my card not up to it? Currently all normal options at max (ubersampling off though) and I get a solid 60.

PFD

I have a 770 2gb, worth my time downloading this, or is my card not up to it? Currently all normal options at max (ubersampling off though) and I get a solid 60.

I've the same card, and it runs really well apart from select areas in chapter 2 (the fog) at 2560x1440

Zeus7

I cannot get this mod to work. It does not show up in the Mods section before I boot up the game. I have put it in the Cookies folder and also in the Cookies folder that came with the enhanced textures mod. The last mod I downloaded I had to extract the contents of the zip folder but not for the flora mod. Can anyone help?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did they ever fix the objects popping in?

No. Tried to fix it the same way I did grass, alas no luck.

I cannot get this mod to work. It does not show up in the Mods section before I boot up the game. I have put it in the Cookies folder and also in the Cookies folder that came with the enhanced textures mod. The last mod I downloaded I had to extract the contents of the zip folder but not for the flora mod. Can anyone help?

You need to extra the .rar contents, which should be a folder called "extreme_quality_flora", to your UserContent folder. Check your documents folder for a folder called "Witcher 2". "UserContent" should be found in that. You don't extract to a Cookies folder.

Here's three shots taken with gedosato downsampling from 8K.

witch1ocj2y.png

witch2kqk0f.png

witch1bqjul.png

Zeus7

No. Tried to fix it the same way I did grass, alas no luck.

You need to extra the .rar contents, which should be a folder called "extreme_quality_flora", to your UserContent folder. Check your documents folder for a folder called "Witcher 2". "UserContent" should be found in that. You don't extract to a Cookies folder.

]

Thanks I will try this when I get home from work. I have just realised the folder was called 'CookedPC' and not Cookies, I was close :p

Anyone know how to get AF working in this game? Eatchildrens shots have it with GeDoSaTo enabled.. but I cannot get it working at all for some reason.

The ground textures seem overly blurry for a 4K downsample and a forced 16X HQ AF in Drivers...
witcher2_2014_08_15_1g8u2f.png

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
For some reason when I enable this mod, Geralt does a lot more damage and kills enemies with one hit. Anyone know why?

MattyG

Banned
If I have a 760 2GB, should I instal the flora overhaul or just the draw distance increase? I want to keep the game running at 1080p/60fps, so I don't know which will keep me at the performance quality.

Top Bottom