• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 08/19/2014

Can they stop talking about wrestling - something popular with 12 year old Americans, grown up Americans who still act like they're 12 and literally no one else in the world.

they need more maturity in this podcast

like manga, animes and videogames

Chuck

Still without luck
I think one of the lamest things you can start a news story conversation with is "can I just say I don't care about this at all."

C'mon, Rorie

daydream

Banned
I think one of the lamest things you can start a news story conversation with is "can I just say I don't care about this at all."

C'mon, Rorie

Chuck pls, context

The point he was getting at is that the Tomb Raider exclusivity thing was not a big deal in the grand scheme of things which I think is a reasonable opinion. He immediately clarifies that he is excited about the game, iirc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuck pls, context

The point he was getting at is that the Tomb Raider exclusivity thing was not a big deal in the grand scheme of things which I think is a reasonable opinion. He immediately clarifies that he is excited about the game, iirc.
I find it funny that they said it was so obvious that the game was time limited exclusive a week after Patrick bitched at the announcement on his own podcast. It's like they don't read their own site's news stories or something!

Chuck

Still without luck
Chuck pls, context

I know, but the way he says it just sucks the air out of the room. He's been known to not think before he speaks, then clarify after as to what he really means.

Sayers

Rorie's great.

Do we know why Jason is not on the Bombcast? I know they have said they record them at the end of the work day on Mondays. Perhaps he is unable to stay late?

Novoitus

Banned
Jeff's horror rant is really frustrating. He could at least explain it in a way without acting like he's better than everyone who does like that stuff. Instead he basically calls anyone that gets scared by horror childish idiots. Cmon, Jeff.

Aren't they?

:)

TheGrue

We've only had Dan for a short time and in that time he's made it so that his absence hits hard on me. I need crazy ass Dan stories while on my runs!!

TheGrue

Can they stop talking about wrestling - something popular with 12 year old Americans, grown up Americans who still act like they're 12 and literally no one else in the world.

I have zero interest in wrestling and yet even then I manage to enjoy them talking about it. I could really listen to these guys talk about anything and the fact that they don't only discuss video games is what makes this podcast, in my opinion, the best out there.

Andrew.

Banned
Ahhhhh okay. Thanks for the clarification dudes.

I would totally try it just to see what it was like. This is coming from someone that's never played WoW or EverQuest or any other MMORPG or any of that shit.

Considering I don't exactly have any kind of PC right now, that idea is out of the question

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Ahhhhh okay. Thanks for the clarification dudes.

I would totally try it just to see what it was like. This is coming from someone that's never played WoW or EverQuest or any other MMORPG or any of that shit.

Considering I don't exactly have any kind of PC right now, that idea is out of the question

They're not anything like MMOs. More like a single-character RTS.

bodine1231

Dan is the new Vinny.

Chuck%20Norris%20Thumbs%20Up%20Gif.gif

Phatmac

I'd be nice of anyone on the bombcast actually played games that are new and that people are talking about. It's all just dota I guess. :/ Man I miss Vinny.

Rorie's great.

Do we know why Jason is not on the Bombcast? I know they have said they record them at the end of the work day on Mondays. Perhaps he is unable to stay late?

Jason has production work to do, most likely. It's why Drew was only on the Bombcast extremely rarely before Vinny went to NYC. Rorie is usually doing support/community work, too, which is why he isn't on the Bombcast usually.

They don't really like having more than 4 people on a podcast unless there's a special guest, either. It gets noisy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jason has production work to do, most likely. It's why Drew was only on the Bombcast extremely rarely before Vinny went to NYC. Rorie is usually doing support/community work, too, which is why he isn't on the Bombcast usually.

They don't really like having more than 4 people on a podcast unless there's a special guest, either. It gets noisy.

Eh, they've had 5 man podcasts for a long time when patrick came on.

Dan is the new Vinny.

You're a monster.

Man, I miss Vinny too...dude was just funny and good natured. Fun to listen to. Dan is just...abrasive? I dunno. Bombcast been sliding...I went to download it today, read the description mentioning wrestling talk and audibly groaned.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Like seriously! Talk about video games and other totally grown up stuff, geez!

Fjordson

You're a monster.

Man, I miss Vinny too...dude was just funny and good natured. Fun to listen to. Dan is just...abrasive? I dunno. Bombcast been sliding...I went to download it today, read the description mentioning wrestling talk and audibly groaned.
I liked this one, Rorie is always a pretty good guest.

But yeah, it ain't what it used to be. I was listening to one of those "Best of" shows for the Bombcast a few days ago for 2009 and it's all so incredibly good. The core four crew set the bar impossibly high.

ArjanN

Jeff's horror rant is really frustrating. He could at least explain it in a way without acting like he's better than everyone who does like that stuff. Instead he basically calls anyone that gets scared by horror childish idiots. Cmon, Jeff.

I liked Drew's reply that you have to be willing to 'opt in' on some level. It's pretty easy to just disconnect yourself from the whole thing and making something not scary for yourself, but at that point you're also clearly missing the point IMO.

they need more maturity in this podcast

like manga, animes and videogames

To be fair all of those are still more mature than wrestling.

I think the main issue is they just haven't played enough games, so they have to keep defaulting back to stuff they've already discussed, or funny but unrelated stuff like wrestling.

It's the job of all Jeffs to dislike the things other people like. He really stomped his feet this time when he went against the grain. They need to call in Patrick so he can give an academic explanation of why anything in the horror genre is scary.

Give me a break. The way that guy describes his weekends is depressing. He rails on people for enjoying things that have some popularity then he spends all weekend indoors playing games he doesnt like.

I'm with Jeff 100% with the horror talk. Being afraid of something on a screen is something you should get over when you get to about age 10 or so. All of Patrick's horror lets plays remind me of the kind of contrived overreaction that your Pewdiepies bestow on everything.

Top Bottom