• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT2| We Promise Nothing and Deliver Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why Matt doesn't do more fatalities, or at least more than not at all. Enemies have tons of health so it shortens the length of encounters, it gives exp so you can unlock more cool moves, and it looks cool.

win/win/win

I think a lot of people have rewritten history when it comes to COD. They suck now but COD4 is a legitimately incredible game and deserves the praise..
Oh for sure, CoD4 is radical. Sequels just really hurt the way people look at the original games sometimes. I remember when I adored Assassin's Creed after finishing the first game and then the second game. Funny how things turn out.
That girl just seems like she's just really happy and tired. I guess she just finished running a few miles and she set her own personal record right? ^___^
Yes.

Nordicus

One Punch Man is such a good parody that it actually does the thing it's making fun of better than almost anything else.
Especially with Based Murata drawing the remake. He's a one-man anime studio at times, god

dIc23hW.gif
I've actually seen people comment how Saitama shouldn't be drawn in the old simple flat style but I disagree. It adds to the comedy, and Murata knows to use a more fitting style for him in the action scenes.

That girl just seems like she's just really happy and tired. I guess she just finished running a few miles and she set her own personal record right? ^___^
I always look like that when I get runner's high!

I've actually seen people comment how Saitama shouldn't be drawn in the old simple flat style but I disagree. It adds to the comedy, and Murata knows to use a more fitting style for him in the action scenes.

His art is one of the best jokes. It's also super hype when he's drawn well.

I think a lot of people have rewritten history when it comes to COD. They suck now but COD4 is a legitimately incredible game and deserves the praise..

Thank you! It really is...
Though I admit there are tons or really good reasons to hate the series. I think MW2 laid the foundation, cause that game was terrible, and the original developers were canned after that, and Kotick blah blah, became a yearly series and the concept was hammered into the earth like a railroad spike...
But we all got to remember how it was the hottest shit ever, if only for that one game.

JoJo94

Thank you! It really is...
Though I admit there are tons or really good reasons to hate the series. I think MW2 laid the foundation, cause that game was terrible, and the original developers were canned after that, and Kotick blah blah, became a yearly series and the concept was hammered into the earth like a railroad spike...
But we can all got to remember how it was the hottest shit ever, if only for that one game.

Oh I loved cod4 and I played it all the time. It still has some of my favorite maps and weapons in a cod. But like pat said once it's so good that it ruined call of duty forever.

Oh I loved cod4 and I played it all the time. It still has some of my favorite maps and weapons in a cod. But like pat said once it's so good that it ruined call of duty forever.

Well, it ruined shooters in general by being too good. Just Re4 supposedly killed survival horror.

On that note, to prove we're all not complete wiaboos... who's everyone's favorite western dev?
Personally, I go Ed Boon. MK is far from my favorite fighting game series, but I've been playing them since childhood and I've always appreciated what he was going for.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
To be honest, there aren't a ton of Western devs I like.

That said, Avalanche are fucking AWESOME. Just Cause 2, man. One of my favorite games of all time.

Well, it ruined shooters in general by being too good. Just Re4 supposedly killed survival horror.

On that note, to prove we're all not complete wiaboos... who's everyone's favorite western dev?
Personally, I go Ed Boon. MK is far from my favorite fighting game series, but I've been playing them since childhood and I've always appreciated what he was going for.

Whoever the developer is at Naughty Dog. They pump out some really quality games

Nordicus

See, now by dev, do you mean a person or will a development company do? Mine is a tie between Obsidian and CDProjekt, and if I had to choose a single person it'd probably be Josh Sawyer.

Even after Fallout NV development ended (eat a dick Bethesda), Sawyer went "naah, this still isn't the game I want it to be" and made a rather big hardcore rebalance mod for the game that he kept updating for a good while. Did that on his free time

spoiler tag it fast

Did
Adachi's voice actor change?

It's still JYB, but he's very clearly acting him differently. Much softer, which is counter to the way that character is at the end of the game.
JYB is such a shit he can't even get his own characters right.

Marie looks weirdly really fun. More so than I was expecting, at least.

Rizzi

Have any of you fine folks done a soul level 1 run in DS2 before? I'm using a dagger at the moment, and it seems to be doing okay. Wondering if there are any other weapons that I can use with 6 in every stat?

I dunno, don't you need to spin for it to be called an izuna drop?
I'm no izuna drop connoisseur, so I had to google it. Yeah you need to be spinning
;-;
, it is still a hype move nonetheless.
Also I'm not sure this has been brought up but this was one of the top results when I googled izuna drop

Edit: so wait, fuck Margaret does have a suplex then! Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold has finally got an suplex!

I agree, though for me it's the same with Japanese devs as well, although to a lesser degree. Valve, Naughty Dog and Thatgamecompany are pretty good devs (occasionally Obsidian and Double Fine too), but the problem with most of my favorite western devs is that they're either husks of what they used to be (Bioware) or are fucking DEAD.
Yeah you nailed it with that list, I miss pre EA crisis Bioware. Infinity Ward also used to be on my list before MW2. Tripwire interactive, Volition and Firaxis games are pretty good as well imo

Ok I call our feud to a truce.

This is something we can all agree on.

Ok I'm caught up. Shootbangs are still fun even though CoD MW2 fucked that all up. I play through campaign for the Michael Bay moments. CoD Black Ops is my favorite because it covers the most interesting parts of recent history: Nam and the Cold War.

Favorite Western Dev: Retro Studios for Metriod Prime. Runner up is Id software.

ElTopo

Banned
So how about that Faith build...

http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/in...ion/index.html

The following fixes, changes, and refinements are included in the update:
• Undead Crypt: Fixed the bell not ringing if you continuously attack the bell that appears after Ledia’s shaman appears.

Adjustments that will be made with Calibrations 1.10 (all following changes):
• Balanced fatal blows done on other players in online multiplayer
• Spell parry time and area of effect has been raised:
o Cleric's Parma
o Cleric's Small Shield
o Cursed Bone Shield
o Spirit Tree Shield
o Golden Wing Shield
o Shield of the Insolent
o Grand Spirit Tree Shield

• Spell parry time has been raised:
o King's Mirror

• Lowered damage caused by the following weapons:
o Defender's Shield
o Havel's Greatshield
o Gyrm Greatshield
o Dragonrider Greatshield

• Lowered defense of:
o Gyrm Helm
o Gyrm Warrior Helm
o Gyrm Warrior Greathelm
o Smelter Demon Helm
o Velstadt's Helm
o Black Witch Robe

• Raised effect of:
o Stone Ring

• Changed so the effect does not apply to spells:
o Red Tearstone Ring

• Raised defense against enemies in offline play only (multiplayer not affected)
o Ring of Steel Protection

• Lowered effect of:
o Clear Bluestone Ring +2

• Raised casting time and lowered strength of:
o Soul Spear

• Raised casting time, lowered strength, raised required magic slots, and raised usage count for:
o Crystal Soul Spear

• Lowered effectiveness of:
o Strong Magic Shield

• Lowered damage of:
o Soul Geyser
o Soul Shower
o Lightning Spear
o Great Lightning Spear
o Sunlight Spear
o Emit Force
o Blinding Bolt
o Heavenly Thunder
o Fire Whip
o Affinity
o Scraps of Life
o Resonant Soul
o Great Resonant Soul

• Spells “Sacred Oath” and “Bountiful Sunlight”
o Casting this on one’s self will now diffuse all support effects
o Having it cast by someone else will not diffuse other support effects
o Casting spells on yourself to create other support effects after having these used will diffuse the effect of the above spells
(players cannot use the effects of these spells in conjunction with other effects from spells they cast on themselves)

• Spells “Numbness” and “Resonant Flesh”
o Casting this on one’s self will now diffuse all support effects
o Casting spells on yourself to create other support effects after having these used will diffuse the effect of the above spells
(players cannot use the effects of these spells in conjunction with other effects from spells they cast on themselves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom