• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

I don't even have a passport.

vstowwijxe0v.gif

Edit: Self-quoting for new page :p

Since the Otakon meetup went well, here's something we're planning to do next year:

wttLrV7.jpg

October 2015
Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

A few of us are planning a trip to Japan next year. Maybe you want to join us?

We'll be going sometime in October since it's one of the best months to go weather-wise and it's far enough off for people to save up some money.

Most likely going for close to 2 weeks. 1 week in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

You need to co-ordinate with the others that are going and order the flight yourself. I will help out getting us a hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price. If we get a hostel room we will get a private room for our group, but with shared bathrooms and showers. Hotel will be a private room for our group with private bathroom and shower.

Budget should be about $1300+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first week in Tokyo and about $2600+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order the flight by the end of April 2015.

It will be best if we do a group of max 4 people, so by April 2015 I'll go through the list in order of who's shown interest and confirm if you're going or not. Feel free to show interest even if there's already 4 people on the list in case somebody else have to drop out by then.

Some of the things we will be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which has the giant Gundam statue and other stuff)
Shibuya
Some of the most famous shrines and a park
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we will be checking out in Kansai region:
K-On school building
Nipponbashi
Day trip to Nara
Day trip to Hiroshima
More temples and shrines

Going

image.php

MikeHattsu

Maybe going

image.php

1. spyhunterzero

image.php

2. Snkfanatic

Sup Keions. I think I had food poisoning. I've been in bed all day and I haven't eaten anything today. >.<

Put me down on the list. I should be graduated by May next year and I may be able to come.

I thought you and I established we were both from BC. :p

Ugh, I know the feel. Shit fucking sucks. Hope you can get over it quickly cause it is not fun.

Hugstable

Banned
Since the Otakon meetup went well, here's something we're planning to do next year:

wttLrV7.jpg

October 2015
Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

A few of us are planning a trip to Japan next year. Maybe you want to join us?

We'll be going sometime in October since it's one of the best months to go weather-wise and it's far enough off for people to save up some money.

Most likely going for close to 2 weeks. 1 week in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

You need to co-ordinate with the others that are going and order the flight yourself. I will help out getting us a hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price. If we get a hostel room we will get a private room for our group, but with shared bathrooms and showers. Hotel will be a private room for our group with private bathroom and shower.

Budget should be about $1300+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first week in Tokyo and about $2600+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order the flight by the end of April 2015.

It will be best if we do a group of max 4 people, so by April 2015 I'll go through the list in order of who's shown interest and confirm if you're going or not. Feel free to show interest even if there's already 4 people on the list in case somebody else have to drop out by then.

Some of the things we will be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which has the giant Gundam statue and other stuff)
Shibuya
Some of the most famous shrines and a park

Some of the things we will be checking out in Kansai region:
K-On school building
Nipponbashi
Day trip to Nara
Day trip to Hiroshima
More temples and shrines

Going

image.php

MikeHattsu

Maybe going

image.php

1. spyhunterzero

image.php

2. Snkfanatic

Ohhh add me to the maybe list! A whole year is a good amount of time to start saving, and only 1200$ for a week not counting the plane ticket actually isn't all that bad considering that I would be in Japan for a whole week. I thought it would end up being much more expensive lol.

Morning everyone!
Hope everyone has a great Saturday. :)

CFjjulG.gif

Pretty good so far!

dsc00707d8kqm.jpg

Also I just had my neighbour come over with a parcel that I thought I'd missed, they took it in for me so that was a nice surprise (^^)

Just winding down from a family wedding I attended yesterday. Lots of people I haven't seen in years but had a great time catching up with them all. It was held in a secluded hotel, out in the countryside:

BvuvtNmCAAIHLwt.jpg

It was originally owned by a religious cult (!) but the land and property was bought by Honda many years ago, who have a production plant nearby - I think they used it a lot as a place to wine and dine important clients, put up visiting executives from Japan, stuff like that. They were responsible for decking the whole place out with Japanese styling, and there was even a tiny Japanese food shop tucked away! It was closed, so I couldn't get in there to buy up some tasty snacks unfortunately. That was how I spent the first day of my four day weekend, as it's a public holiday here in the UK on Monday. Yay for long weekends!

giphy.gif

Hugstable

Banned
I'm getting old. Waking up at 7am on weekends feeling like I overslept.

I'm feel old as well. I have an internal alarm clock that wakes me up at 6AM everyday, not much I can really do about it. If I sleep longer than that I start to feel like crap the rest of the day.

Also good morning everyone!

Top Bottom