• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Source] Mod Megathread

Sibylus

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/ ($14.99 USD base, $13.49 until Jan 29th, Four pack $40.49 until Jan 29th)

Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team's survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience. The follow-up game to the award-winning Source mod, Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivingly lethal, striking a balance between one-life gameplay and prolonged action.

ss_18ae73b0a4525e2e8f0ca41892cdac4ea7a21c71.1920x1080.jpg

ss_b1ca7743e799721ec342aa9a257d8131c0f12f94.1920x1080.jpg

I didn't play the mod in its heyday, but it was one of the pillars of Source modding from waaaaaaay back.

CryptiK

The Mod was amazing. The game itself is fun. But I feel the mod did it better. Im so glad that Valve and the Source Engine are paving the way for new devs and great new games.

bee

always loved playing source mods, played estranged recently, it was put together really well but i found it quite boring, not much to do and the zombie enemies were pretty weak

this mod however was awesome, good physics puzzles, good story, around 3hrs long, really well put together, only thing i didn't like was the voice acting although i've never played a mod with good voice acting. played through it all with gedosato, 4k, 4xmsaa, 120fps :D

gonna check out forgotten ones and spherical nightmares next

bee

can't get into forgotten ones at all

spherical nightmares was good though and recommended, even if it did end abruptly

must of missed mission improbable when it came out, excellent mod! two obscure puzzles which i liked, one of those "i wonder if i can do..oh shit i can!" moments, really good stuff

shame i can only get gesosato working on the citizen returns, still enjoying playing through these more than pretty much any modern shooter though

Mission Improbable can be sold as DLC. It's that good! Mineva has the best boss fight and R&D for creativity and pacing. It bothers me that these modders do a better job of level design, encounters using the same engine and mechanics than most AAA developers do with their upgraded engine.

By the way

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alchemilla-mod/downloads/alchemilla-full

Alchemilla is done and out. I haven't had a chance to play it for myself because I've been busy putting together a video review of something for my Youtube channel

There's a news post about it here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alchemilla-mod/news/prepare-for-your-nightmare-alchemilla-is-out

So we have an ADVENTURE type game in Silent Hill universe with NO MONSTERS and NO GUNS, MELEE. We wanted to implement these features strong enough and we searched for people for the last days and sadly didnt find any who could help us to do this quite well. It is very sadly for us too. We dont apologize for this cause we did all what we can.

In our game you will not find inventory system or notes system and the reason the same - there are no people who could do that on Source engine (people start to hate it cause it outdated). So just sit tight, take pen and notebook and play as hardcore gamer, make notes yourself, draw your maps yourself. If you Silent Hill fan - you should deal with that.

The demo they put out was certainly interesting but I was hoping there'd be richer gameplay in the full version. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it.

Given how long its been since the last post, I'll double post to say I played a bunch of Alchemilla last night. I wrote a longer post here if you care to read it, but the basic gist is that...

It's... alright? Its better than I expected, I guess. It's not the most tense game in the world because you never fight any monsters, but the maps are gorgeous and the puzzles are mostly well-designed. Not sure about the story, though -- there's references to Silent Hill 4, and I know that's not usually considered a favorite entry in the series.

I didn't think I was going to go back and finish it, but the more I think about it, I think I will (probably later tonight.)

Top Bottom